Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Late Check Out" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Late Check Out" thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2023, 9:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Kacee
Yeah, that's not a program benefit. It's just putting a guest in an available room.
Whilst maybe not a stated program benefit, it is most certainly a status benefit at most properties.

Countless times I've been able to check-in and get a room despite others in front of me being turned away due to no rooms being available. Denver Hilton a few weeks ago at around midday I was in line between a work colleague who didn't have status. He was simply told no rooms available yet. I was told that my upgraded room wasn't available, but the were happy to move me to a standard room if I'd wanted (I ended up waiting, but that's not he point). A few weeks earlier at a Marriot property in Korea, 11am in the morning, same thing. They turned away multiple people in front of me, but once I said "Gold" they quickly managed to find an available room for me. A week before that at another Marriot property at 8am in the morning it was a "we would normally charge extra, but because you're Gold".

There's only 3 ways you can do early checkin - charge for it, make it first-in-first-served, or make it a privilege for elites. In my experience, it's always the 3rd of those, sometimes also the 1st, and very rarely the middle option.
SPN Lifer and the810 like this.
Old Nov 26, 2023, 9:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by docbert
Whilst maybe not a stated program benefit, it is most certainly a status benefit at most properties.
I have not found this to be true. I've gotten early check-in at properties across brands, regardless of program or status, when there is a room available. It may depend on approach and how you ask, but I honestly don't recall ever being asked to pay for an early check-in (and I do 100-150 nights per year).
SPN Lifer and jamesteroh like this.
Old Nov 26, 2023, 10:36 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by docbert
I would disagree on that IME. Realistically, there is no status/program benefit with this. It's going to be 100% situational property by property and more like desk agent by desk agent. If you approach the right person the right way and the room is available, you're golden.
SPN Lifer, smmrfld and jamesteroh like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.