Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

2010 Second Quarter Promotion: Reward Yourself With Hilton Honors

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2010 Second Quarter Promotion: Reward Yourself With Hilton Honors

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2010, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Don't want to start a new thread for this

Seems I accidentally deleted the email for one of these certs - can I print it from my account, or do I need to contact HHonors to have a duplicate sent?

Thanks!
Old Jul 5, 2010, 11:30 am

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Seems I accidentally deleted the email for one of these certs - can I print it from my account, or do I need to contact HHonors to have a duplicate sent?

Thanks!
You don't need the cert, you just need the cert number which is listed in your HHonors account. Hilton also has a record of all the certs and can add them to reservations (you have to call them to make the reservation anyways).
Old Jul 5, 2010, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I know that ... and you know that ... but I'd dread the idea of a hotel (clerk) charging me several hundred euros: "You stayed four nights, and we had three certs!" Resolving that after the fact is a pain I'd rather avoid.
Old Jul 5, 2010, 11:46 am

Programs: DL - Plat, Marriott - Plat, Hilton - Diamond, SPG- Plat, National- ES
I had to have a certificate reissued. Took a couple of days, but was not a problem.
Old Jul 6, 2010, 9:36 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
There are probably a lot of people who, for many of the reasons mentioned here, were shorted a certificate or two.

I went to my hotel activity and counted 30 nights, with the last stay checking out on July 1. That was a 3 night stay, so I suppose technically within the terms of the program I only had 27 nights. I also had a 3 night stay, but checked in on April 5. So, based on what I've read here and in the T&C, that 3 night stay was not eligible.

But I pleaded my case and called HHonors Diamond desk and was able to show that I did have 30 nights, during the promo. The CSR didn't pay much attention to that fact, and instead focused on the earning of 1 free cert after 4 stays. She insisted that it had nothing to do with how many nights. I kindly asked her to read the T&C and count up my revenue nights between April 6 and June 30. Yet, she still insisted that I received 2 certs for 8 stays and that I had only 11 stays and 30 nights otherwise. I asked her to verify this with a supervisor.

She came back and said "as a one time courtesy, we are giving you the certificate".... Does this mean she was acknowledging she was wrong, or that they were trying to please a long time Diamond? Did I misread the T&C (and this very long thread)? I stayed 30 nights between 4/6 and 6/30. It should be cut and dry, in my opinion. But not to ever look a gift horse in the mouth, I thanked her and went on my way.
Old Jul 6, 2010, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My interpretation

They were trying to please a long time Diamond, as your situation was in a gray area right up against outright qualification.
Old Jul 6, 2010, 10:29 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, DL MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Are there people who have still not received their (last) certificates? I checked out from my fourth stay on 6/27 and have yet to receive a certificate.
Old Jul 6, 2010, 10:51 am

Programs: Air: Many; Hotel: HH D, HY G, IHG P, MR S, RR
Originally Posted by SJC1K
Are there people who have still not received their (last) certificates? I checked out from my fourth stay on 6/27 and have yet to receive a certificate.
Yes, same situation I think, but just to clarify, the free night showed on my HHonors activity on the same day other points posted for the stay that earned the free night, but I never got the email for my last Q3FN. On all other occassions in Q1 and Q2, I always got the "HHonors Reward" emails a day or two after the free night displayed on my HHonors activity summary. I spoke to the Diamond Desk over the weekend, and the agent put in request for a duplicate certificate to be emailed to me.
Old Jul 6, 2010, 10:54 am

Programs: HH diamond
Originally Posted by PHL
There are probably a lot of people who, for many of the reasons mentioned here, were shorted a certificate or two.

I went to my hotel activity and counted 30 nights, with the last stay checking out on July 1. That was a 3 night stay, so I suppose technically within the terms of the program I only had 27 nights. I also had a 3 night stay, but checked in on April 5. So, based on what I've read here and in the T&C, that 3 night stay was not eligible.

But I pleaded my case and called HHonors Diamond desk and was able to show that I did have 30 nights, during the promo. The CSR didn't pay much attention to that fact, and instead focused on the earning of 1 free cert after 4 stays. She insisted that it had nothing to do with how many nights. I kindly asked her to read the T&C and count up my revenue nights between April 6 and June 30. Yet, she still insisted that I received 2 certs for 8 stays and that I had only 11 stays and 30 nights otherwise. I asked her to verify this with a supervisor.

She came back and said "as a one time courtesy, we are giving you the certificate".... Does this mean she was acknowledging she was wrong, or that they were trying to please a long time Diamond? Did I misread the T&C (and this very long thread)? I stayed 30 nights between 4/6 and 6/30. It should be cut and dry, in my opinion. But not to ever look a gift horse in the mouth, I thanked her and went on my way.
You only qualified for 2 certificates. So the CS was correct, not you. Even w/the nights definition, you only stayed a total of 24 eligible nights. None of the nights from the stay beginning before April 6 or ending after June 30th counted. Doesn't matter if some of the nights of the stay fell w/i the qualifying period.

From your post, you were aware that the stays/nights that started outside and ended outside the promo period did NOT count.

The extra cert was to appease a long-time Diamond, not because you actually earned it.
Old Jul 6, 2010, 10:56 am

Programs: HH diamond
My last one showed up very quickly, w/t 1-2 days of checking out. A surprise since my others took several wks including one that was completely missed by HHonors.
Old Jul 6, 2010, 11:02 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, DL MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by needtoescape
Yes, same situation I think, but just to clarify, the free night showed on my HHonors activity on the same day other points posted for the stay that earned the free night, but I never got the email for my last Q3FN. On all other occassions in Q1 and Q2, I always got the "HHonors Reward" emails a day or two after the free night displayed on my HHonors activity summary. I spoke to the Diamond Desk over the weekend, and the agent put in request for a duplicate certificate to be emailed to me.
To be clear, the free night has not shown up under activity. My question should be whether everyone's experience is that it shows up under activity on the web site right away.
Old Jul 6, 2010, 12:26 pm

Mine hasn't either. My second last showed up after my 5th stay, so to be sure, I created an extra stay out of my two night scheduled to check out on 6/30 and it hasnt shown up online yet.

I had the same problem with Q1, where I opened a case and they awarded a manual cert, but the automatic cert showed up a few days later.

Originally Posted by travelinfoo
My last one showed up very quickly, w/t 1-2 days of checking out. A surprise since my others took several wks including one that was completely missed by HHonors.
When was your last eligible stay?
Old Jul 6, 2010, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by PHL
i love the way 'as a one time courtesy' is used by hilton honors....i have lost count of the number of times i've heard that....

i think this term is used when they know they are wrong but don't want to admit it....

in your case, you were not entitled to the 3rd certificate since some of your nights didn't count for the purpose of this promo....its nice of them to give you the certificate but it would also have been nice for the agent to acknowledge she was misinformed about the 10 nights qualification requirement....
Old Jul 6, 2010, 1:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1P, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Hilton's accounting caused me to mess up my stay count and I missed one free night because of it. Definitely won't trust them next time. My stays only consists of 1 night each; As you can see if my stay count below, they gave me my 2nd free night after only 3 stays. Since I had just gotten my 2nd free stay, I assumed I had to keep it up in multiples of 4, which I did. But since they gave me a free night prematurely, night count by the end was only 15 instead of 16:

1-Jul-10 Base Points - Hampton Decatur/Frsth
29-Jun-10 Base Points - Homewood Suites Decatur Forsyth
27-Jun-10 Base Points - Homewood Suites Decatur Forsyth
26-Jun-10 Base Points - Hampton Decatur/Frsth
24-Jun-10 SPECIAL FREE NIGHT CERTIFICATE
23-Jun-10 Base Points - Hampton Decatur/Frsth
23-May-10 Base Points - Hampton Inn & Suites Toledo Perrysberg
22-May-10 Base Points - Hilton Toledo
21-May-10 Base Points - Hampton Inn & Suites Toledo Perrysberg
20-May-10 SPECIAL FREE NIGHT CERTIFICATE
19-May-10 Base Points - Hilton Toledo
16-May-10 Base Points - Hilton Garden Inn Appleton/Kimberly
11-May-10 Base Points- The Palmer House Hilton
2-May-10 SPECIAL FREE NIGHT CERTIFICATE
2-May-10 Base Points - Hilton Suites Auburn Hills
30-Apr-10 Base Points - Hampton Auburn Hills
25-Apr-10 Base Points - HAMPTON GRAND RAPIDS SOUTH
24-Apr-10 Base Points - HAMPTON GRAND RAPIDS SOUTH

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.