FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2010 Second Quarter Promotion: Reward Yourself With Hilton Honors
Old Jul 6, 2010, 10:54 am
travelinfoo

Programs: HH diamond
Originally Posted by PHL
There are probably a lot of people who, for many of the reasons mentioned here, were shorted a certificate or two.

I went to my hotel activity and counted 30 nights, with the last stay checking out on July 1. That was a 3 night stay, so I suppose technically within the terms of the program I only had 27 nights. I also had a 3 night stay, but checked in on April 5. So, based on what I've read here and in the T&C, that 3 night stay was not eligible.

But I pleaded my case and called HHonors Diamond desk and was able to show that I did have 30 nights, during the promo. The CSR didn't pay much attention to that fact, and instead focused on the earning of 1 free cert after 4 stays. She insisted that it had nothing to do with how many nights. I kindly asked her to read the T&C and count up my revenue nights between April 6 and June 30. Yet, she still insisted that I received 2 certs for 8 stays and that I had only 11 stays and 30 nights otherwise. I asked her to verify this with a supervisor.

She came back and said "as a one time courtesy, we are giving you the certificate".... Does this mean she was acknowledging she was wrong, or that they were trying to please a long time Diamond? Did I misread the T&C (and this very long thread)? I stayed 30 nights between 4/6 and 6/30. It should be cut and dry, in my opinion. But not to ever look a gift horse in the mouth, I thanked her and went on my way.
You only qualified for 2 certificates. So the CS was correct, not you. Even w/the nights definition, you only stayed a total of 24 eligible nights. None of the nights from the stay beginning before April 6 or ending after June 30th counted. Doesn't matter if some of the nights of the stay fell w/i the qualifying period.

From your post, you were aware that the stays/nights that started outside and ended outside the promo period did NOT count.

The extra cert was to appease a long-time Diamond, not because you actually earned it.