FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2010 Second Quarter Promotion: Reward Yourself With Hilton Honors
Old Jul 6, 2010, 12:56 pm
Keyser
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by PHL
She came back and said "as a one time courtesy, we are giving you the certificate".... Does this mean she was acknowledging she was wrong, or that they were trying to please a long time Diamond? Did I misread the T&C (and this very long thread)? I stayed 30 nights between 4/6 and 6/30. It should be cut and dry, in my opinion. But not to ever look a gift horse in the mouth, I thanked her and went on my way.
i love the way 'as a one time courtesy' is used by hilton honors....i have lost count of the number of times i've heard that....

i think this term is used when they know they are wrong but don't want to admit it....

in your case, you were not entitled to the 3rd certificate since some of your nights didn't count for the purpose of this promo....its nice of them to give you the certificate but it would also have been nice for the agent to acknowledge she was misinformed about the 10 nights qualification requirement....