FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   A Night on Us: Hilton Honors Promotion First Quarter 2010 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1035958-night-us-hilton-honors-promotion-first-quarter-2010-a.html)

freakazoid Dec 24, 2009 6:10 am

Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer (Post 13046784)
This might even be true. The January Sale rates are so good, the do not need any further promotions. I booked a Junior Suite at the Bentley for a midweek stay in London for 176 Euro incl. breakfast. All comparable hotels of the other chains had about double that price.

January Sale is a weekend promo, if the system allows for midweek stays that's rather a case of error rate.

Flying Lawyer Dec 24, 2009 6:38 am

Originally Posted by freakazoid (Post 13047465)
January Sale is a weekend promo, if the system allows for midweek stays that's rather a case of error rate.

This is certainly not correct. January sale rates are generally available at weekends and at the relevant properties discretion. The rate brings in cash instant for the hotels and some load these rates during the week. Last year I booked more than a dozen stays during the week at January sale rates. The same is true for this year. A bit of shopping around and there you are.

freakazoid Dec 24, 2009 7:28 am

Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer (Post 13047541)
This is certainly not correct. January sale rates are generally available at weekends and at the relevant properties discretion. The rate brings in cash instant for the hotels and some load these rates during the week. Last year I booked more than a dozen stays during the week at January sale rates. The same is true for this year. A bit of shopping around and there you are.

T&C:

This offer is subject to a maximum stay of 3 consecutive nights and is valid on weekends. “Weekend” is understood to mean Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays or such other days as defined by the local market.
Sounds pretty clear to me, in the end of the day any property can offer rates as they see fit but that's hardly part of this promotion. Berlin was so happy about that instant cash that they pulled it once people started booking, I doubt that Bentley is doing this knowingly.

Flying Lawyer Dec 24, 2009 7:37 am

Originally Posted by freakazoid (Post 13047690)
T&C:

Sounds pretty clear to me, in the end of the day any property can offer rates as they see fit but that's hardly part of this promotion. Berlin was so happy about that instant cash that they pulled it once people started booking, I doubt that Bentley is doing this knowingly.

The T&C were the same last year and tons of rooms were sold midweek last year under the promotion title. The promotion is marketed widely by Hilton corporate and quite a few hotels obviously felt and feel that they can benefit from the marketing.

Berlin obivously made a mistake by selling (a) their presidential suite and (b) midweek for 438 EUR, quite sweet :)

WelshGirl Dec 29, 2009 12:53 pm

Any more news on the Q1 promo please? I've had no emails or messages. Thanks

hamptoninnsider Dec 29, 2009 1:49 pm

I think they're holding out to spite me :P

Keyser Dec 29, 2009 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by hamptoninnsider (Post 13075461)
I think they're holding out to spite me :P

you never know...that just might be true....

Notenut Dec 29, 2009 2:13 pm

In the past it was not uncommon for Hilton to release an announcement for a promo several days and sometimes even a week or two AFTER its official start date.

sharklover Dec 30, 2009 8:20 am

Yup its idiotic that they come up with a great promo but do not let people know. So in the mean time they are losing loads of business where bookings are made at other hotels using prepaid rates.

nissan motor Dec 30, 2009 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by sharklover (Post 13079865)
Yup its idiotic that they come up with a great promo but do not let people know. So in the mean time they are losing loads of business where bookings are made at other hotels using prepaid rates.

Yeees, and Hyatt & Co. gain many January booking instead :D

Keyser Dec 30, 2009 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by sharklover (Post 13079865)

amen....

cogers99 Dec 30, 2009 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by dcshungu (Post 13031836)
Sometimes, got to look for hotel-specific promos, in addition to those offered by the chain...

I just raked in 57,618 HH points from a single stay at the Hilton Hawaiian Village 12/10-12/15

AMERICAN EXPRESS POINT BONUS 17,268
DOUBLE POINTS Q409 OFFER - HILTON HAWAIIAN VILLAGE 13,267
Base Points - HILTON HAWAIIAN VILLAGE 13,267
HAWAII CLUSTER 10,000 PTS OFFER - HILTON HAWAIIAN VILLAGE 10,000
GOLD VIP BONUS - 25% 2009 - HILTON HAWAIIAN VILLAGE 3,316
AMEX CO BRAND ONLINE BOOKING BONUS - HILTON HAWAIIAN VILLAGE 500

UA DOUBLE DIP - HILTON HAWAIIAN VILLAGE 0 1,326

Can you please teach me how to do this. I am impressed!:D

Flying Lawyer Dec 30, 2009 11:40 pm

May I propose that the Mods close this thread until there is real news about the Q1 promo? It is a bit disturbing to find that thread with new posts everytime you log in. This always gives hope that there is real news and one only finds out that some nonsense was posted.

Beckles Dec 31, 2009 6:10 am

Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer (Post 13084578)
It is a bit disturbing to find that thread with new posts everytime you log in. This always gives hope that there is real news and one only finds out that some nonsense was posted.

How is that different than many other threads here on FT? :confused:

TravelinWilly Dec 31, 2009 8:31 pm

In the January issue of Inside Flyer (the paper edition), this promo is mentioned twice in editorial, and on a full page Hilton ad.

It says one needs to register at www.hiltonhhonors.com/anightonus, however that link does not work.

Clarification would help.