FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   A Night on Us: Hilton Honors Promotion First Quarter 2010 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1035958-night-us-hilton-honors-promotion-first-quarter-2010-a.html)

travelinfoo Dec 18, 2009 11:23 am

Originally Posted by al613 (Post 13012170)
How about nights booked on third party websites? Do they count for anything?

NO. 3rd party booking do NOT count towards anything. They do NOT count for stays credit or points or towards promotions. Promotions are ONLY valid thru hilton booking channels. The only thing you MAY get with 3rd party non-opaque booking is VIP amenities. Opaque bookings, you get NOTHING: no credit/points/amenities.

rdchen Dec 18, 2009 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by stanj (Post 13013010)
Not sure if they're the same promo, but the Q3FN rewards from 2007 did count toward elite status and so do the FN601 certs that many got in October when Hilton announced the jump in categories.

I wasn't referring to the elite status qualification but the stay requirement threshold for each FN awarded.

nissan motor Dec 18, 2009 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by stanj (Post 13013010)
IME all free night certs I've received from Hilton have been considered "reward" certificates and count as stays.

Not entirely true. I had recently a free stay from a hotel because of a complaint in the past. That recent stay did not count for anything @:-)

stanj Dec 18, 2009 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by nissan motor (Post 13014836)
Not entirely true. I had recently a free stay from a hotel because of a complaint in the past. That recent stay did not count for anything @:-)

Just goes to show that as with all things in the world of Hilton--YMMV.

travelinfoo Dec 19, 2009 11:45 am

Originally Posted by nissan motor (Post 13014836)

You had a free stay. A free stay does not get credit for anything, no stay credit, etc. The T&C explicitly exclude these.

As KathyWdrf points out, the reward stays are not free. They are paid via points.

HHonors T&C:
Eligible Rate stays are stays at all rates except wholesale/tour operator packages, contracted airline crew rates, complimentary or barter rooms, stays on NET Group, Series Group or IT Group rates, contracted Entertainment or Encore rates and stays using airline percent-off award certificates.

You had a complimentary room.

Minneapolis Dec 19, 2009 12:19 pm

So, no 411 from HH on this yet?

Marriott just released their MegaBonus and it's a good one (60k bonus for 30 stays).

Come on HH!

etsmyers Dec 19, 2009 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by Minneapolis (Post 13009655)
MAJOR thank you to hamptoninnsider and Hhonor Gguard for posting and confirming this! I was so ready to leave Hilton in the dust, but you guys both single-handedly got me to comeback for 100% of my Q1 stays!

Please share more details as you receive them

same here, I knew I was dropping either HH or MR. It was hard as I was ONLY a MR gold for 4 years. With a job change, I am MR-P, HH-D, SPG-P. I decided to drop MR-P, too may stays and I can pick up Hyatt Diamond AND still have nights left over to splurge when there is a GREAT promo

nissan motor Dec 19, 2009 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by Minneapolis (Post 13019307)
So, no 411 from HH on this yet?

Marriott just released their MegaBonus and it's a good one (60k bonus for 30 stays).

Come on HH!

Höhöhö. 60k for 30 stays is goooood? That's so baaaaad.

Hilton's Q4/2009 with 25k for 4 stays is waaaaays better, isn't it?

dcshungu Dec 19, 2009 11:23 pm

Originally Posted by nissan motor (Post 13019982)
Höhöhö. 60k for 30 stays is goooood? That's so baaaaad.

Hilton's Q4/2009 with 25k for 4 stays is waaaaays better, isn't it?

Not only is 60k for 30 stays awful, it insults one's intelligence... I hope no one fell for that promo.

With Hilton's Q4/2009 "double bonus HH points on base points", I received 27k bonus points after just 2 (two) stays.

derpelikan Dec 20, 2009 12:17 pm

sure it did

Originally Posted by rdchen (Post 13010781)
IIRC, the old 5/10/15 free night promo did not count awards as qualified stays.

i did half of my stays as awards.

dp

Keyser Dec 20, 2009 2:38 pm

got my 25k points on the day my fourth stay posted....very cool....

travelexpert Dec 21, 2009 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by dcshungu (Post 13022025)
Not only is 60k for 30 stays awful, it insults one's intelligence... I hope no one fell for that promo.

For me it is more than double points. With no expiration or limitations on any property.

Let's see Hilton top that.

Beckles Dec 21, 2009 1:22 pm

Even if one likes the Marriott 60k points for 30 nights better (or the other variations that in effect work out to 2k or 2.5k points per night), it's a moot point since the entire thing is targetted and many FT'ers have reported receiving no invitation at all to date (I have not received an offer).

nissan motor Dec 21, 2009 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by Beckles (Post 13030856)
Even if one likes the Marriott 60k points for 30 nights better (or the other variations that in effect work out to 2k or 2.5k points per night), it's a moot point since the entire thing is targetted and many FT'ers have reported receiving no invitation at all to date (I have not received an offer).

Honestly, can anyone tell me what is good about that trash? 60k for 30 stays? Höööö? You get one or two free nights for that? I am not a big Hilton fan but I think that Hilton's 5/10/15 is waaaays better! So please: Can anyone tell me what is good about Marriott's so-called promo?

pmaddock Dec 21, 2009 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by nissan motor (Post 13031036)
Honestly, can anyone tell me what is good about that trash? 60k for 30 stays? Höööö? You get one or two free nights for that? I am not a big Hilton fan but I think that Hilton's 5/10/15 is waaaays better! So please: Can anyone tell me what is good about Marriott's so-called promo?

Well Hilton's 5/10/15 were good but right now they aren't officially out and the actual offer is getting to be a distant memory. Hilton has been a comparative desert for promos for much too long.

That said the Marriott offer really doesn't look that great to me either. IHG has just put out its 1Q promos that reach 10K of their points for as little as 2 nights. That's more like it.