FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   A Night on Us: Hilton Honors Promotion First Quarter 2010 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1035958-night-us-hilton-honors-promotion-first-quarter-2010-a.html)

SuM0 Apr 8, 2010 7:53 am

They finally gave me the 3rd certificate, about 3 weeks after my stay, so they are slowly working on them it seems. The date on the cert extends to April 6th of next year (based on date of issuance), so that's good news for those waiting on their cert's still.
Oh, and I received it via email.

naroowal Apr 8, 2010 8:33 am

Got my second one

I was only supposed to get 2. I got my second one today with expiry of Apr 6-2010.

nic3456 Apr 8, 2010 2:29 pm

Can't combine Q3FN with Advance Purchase rate

I'm fairly new to Hilton, but earned a free night in the Q1 promo. I'm now trying to book my first night with Reward cert and then pay for the 2nd night out of pocket with the advance purchase rate. Rep says I can't combine reward & advance purchase rate, that I have to book refundable room rate(that's over $100 more) Is this right and is there anyone around it? (like booking them separately?)

OkieFlyer Apr 8, 2010 2:44 pm

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9700/5.0.0.405 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Originally Posted by nic3456
I'm fairly new to Hilton, but earned a free night in the Q1 promo. I'm now trying to book my first night with Reward cert and then pay for the 2nd night out of pocket with the advance purchase rate. Rep says I can't combine reward & advance purchase rate, that I have to book refundable room rate(that's over $100 more) Is this right and is there anyone around it? (like booking them separately?)

Yes you can book the award room for one night and then make a separate reservation for the next night using the advance purchase. I've done this before and you shouldn't have any problem. I always call the hotel in advance to let them know I have 2 separate reservations. They usually combine them for me, and I've never had to check out and back in or switch rooms.

zaf Apr 8, 2010 6:11 pm

For those who are wondering:

4th stay: checked out 17th March, points posted 18th March. Free Certificated posted on the 18th as well.
8th Stay: checked out 21st march (I know I know, the last 4 stays were a mattress run :D ), points posted on the 22nd. The certificate was posted on the 8th of April.

Hope this helps someone :) ..
Good luck.

travelinfoo Apr 8, 2010 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by zaf (Post 13736594)
For those who are wondering:

4th stay: checked out 17th March, points posted 18th March. Free Certificated posted on the 18th as well.
8th Stay: checked out 21st march (I know I know, the last 4 stays were a mattress run :D ), points posted on the 22nd. The certificate was posted on the 8th of April.

Hope this helps someone :) ..
Good luck.

Thanks. waiting patiently for #2. My last stay was about 1 wk after yours. I'm actually glad for the delay since it extends the exp date. I'd like to use it next April.

zaf Apr 9, 2010 2:44 am

Originally Posted by travelinfoo (Post 13737011)
Thanks. waiting patiently for #2. My last stay was about 1 wk after yours. I'm actually glad for the delay since it extends the exp date. I'd like to use it next April.

I too here appreciate the longer exp date, but it won't affect my usage much because I feel that the best way to gain their value is to go on a 3 day vacation and use them in a fancy hotel. I was thinking about hitting NY @ new years.

robbert Apr 10, 2010 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by travelinfoo (Post 13723141)
The reward stays were explicitly excluded from the q1 promo. No ambiguity or sneakiness. It was listed with the excluded codes and mentioned multiple times on this forum. Can't really blame Hilton for your lack of reading the rules.

Each promo has it owns set of T&C. You must read each promo's T&C. To paraphrase the brokerages, past promo rules don't predict future promo rules.

I called and talked with a representative who was very polite but could not do anything. After that I got a survey and indicated that my issue had not been resolved, than automatically got me to a supervisor (wow!). I talked for a while and indicated that with the point devaluation, the great Hyatt promotion and now this disappointment it was getting harder for me to stay loyal to HH (gold). He said he would look into this and a couple of days later HH came back with a token of their appreciation. It is good to know that they are willing to go the extra mile to keep their best customers. I'm quite happy with the outcome.

jbwatson2 Apr 12, 2010 10:35 am

Can I Let My Wife Use a Q3FN (Q1) Certificate if I am Not Going?

The Diamond Desk says no so I assume not. Is it in the T&C?

I currently have a 2009 points reservation, but it is in my name - they won't let me switch to her name without increasing to the new point values.

Could I do an online check in and have her show her ID - same last name.

Any help is appreciated, I know the answer is likely in the forum but I couldn't find it.

JBW

jbwatson2 Apr 12, 2010 11:35 am

Update from OP

I called back and asked another DD person and she said she could transfer me to a Supervisor and get the Cert remade in my wife's name - I did not pursue as things are not finalized.

Has anyone done this?

cjd Apr 12, 2010 11:46 am

Originally Posted by jbwatson2 (Post 13755433)
I called back and asked another DD person and she said she could transfer me to a Supervisor and get the Cert remade in my wife's name - I did not pursue as things are not finalized.

Has anyone done this?

Well, officially the certificate is issued in your name and states on the certificate that it is not transferable. However, I've read on here before that people have just added their spouse to the booking and let them check-in assuming the member is arriving later. She would have to hand in the award certificate at the front desk. Here's a similar recent thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...er-people.html

trm2 Apr 12, 2010 3:23 pm

Yes, just add her name to the reservation and you will be fine.

Keyser Apr 13, 2010 1:11 am

Originally Posted by trm2 (Post 13756975)
Yes, just add her name to the reservation and you will be fine.

even if he is not showing up????i can understand adding her name to the reservation if he is going to show up later....

sk-STHLM Aug 10, 2010 1:37 am

Sorry if this has been covered already.

I received 3 certificates in Feb-Mar this year, and would like to use them now for a trip to NY. However, my company installed a new archiving system for the mails, and since then I cannot access these certificates.

Is it possible to call HH and make a reservation for these certificates anyway, or do I need to chase the IT department in order to use them?

Cheers,

s

serfty Aug 10, 2010 5:03 am

Probably.

Firstly you can verify the certificate numbers - see posts #942 and #943.