Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Win 1,000,000 Honors Bonus Points with the Hilton "Up in the Air" Sweepstakes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2009, 3:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*

Link http://www.hiltonupintheair.com/ from email.

Hilton is proud to be the official hotel partner of Paramount Pictures' Up in the Air
Watch the Trailer Now
Simply book any stay on hilton.com now through January 11, 2010, to be entered for a chance to win:*

• 1,000,000 Hilton HHonors™ bonus points
• Trip for two to Paris
• Plus weekly prize

See what you could win
*No purchase necessary. One entry per person/per week. Open to U.S. and Canadian residents of majority age. Void where prohibited and in the Province of Quebec. Starts November 3, 2009, and ends January 11, 2010. Official rules at hilton.com/upintheair.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

Hilton HHonors™ membership, earning of Points & Miles™, and redemption of points are subject to HHonors Terms and Conditions.

ABOUT THIS EMAIL

This email was delivered to xyz.

Please do not reply to this email. Mail sent to this address cannot be answered. This email has been sent to past Hilton guests. Hilton Worldwide respects your privacy. For a full description of our privacy policy, please click here.

Subscribe to the Hilton Weekly Specials Email
Looking for even more Hilton Hotel offers worldwide? Subscribe to our weekly email.

UPDATE YOUR PROFILE/UNSUBSCRIBE
Ensure you receive the most relevant information from Hilton Worldwide and manage your email subscriptions by signing in and updating your profile.

To unsubscribe from all marketing email from Hilton Worldwide, please send an email with the subject line "Unsubscribe" to [email protected]. Opting out from all Hilton Worldwide marketing email will prevent you from receiving your monthly HHonors My Way email statements. Please allow up to 10 business days for processing opt-out requests. You will continue to receive transactional email messages such as reservation confirmations. If you prefer to unsubscribe via postal mail, please send your name, HHonors Account Number (if applicable) and email address to Hilton Internet Contact Center, 2050 Chennault Drive, Carrollton, Texas, 75006, USA.

™ indicates a trademark of Hilton Worldwide.

©2009 Hilton Worldwide

Last edited by Evan!; Nov 3, 2009 at 6:51 pm
Old Nov 3, 2009, 6:44 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Actually this is pretty cool I saw them film some of it, at the Hilton STL ballpark.
Old Nov 4, 2009, 9:22 pm

Programs: Marriott Life Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Silver, DL, IHG Plat, etc.
Up in the Air stakes entry - Hilton only?

I just got the email from HH about the sweepstakes for "Up in the Air" - a movie that many of us are likley to relate to. While I know the odds of getting anything from it are slim I'm curious - does anyone know if Hilton family stays get entries or just stays at mainline Hiltons? It looks like just mainline but was curious as the material doesn't really come out and say it.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 5:58 am

Programs: HH diamond
I wondered the same thing. However, using the booking area of the promo page, only Hilton hotels came up for the area searched. There are lots Hilton family hotels there but they were not listed. SO based on that, I assumed it was Hilton only.

Andrea, can you clarify?
Old Nov 5, 2009, 7:33 am
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by travelinfoo
I wondered the same thing. However, using the booking area of the promo page, only Hilton hotels came up for the area searched. There are lots Hilton family hotels there but they were not listed. SO based on that, I assumed it was Hilton only.

Andrea, can you clarify?
Yes, the sweepstakes is for Hilton hotels only. Check out the trailer, the movie looks good, especially for you frequent travelers.

Take care,

Andrea (HHonors Representative)
Old Nov 5, 2009, 8:11 am

Programs: HH diamond
Thanks for the clarification!
Old Nov 5, 2009, 9:08 am

Programs: Marriott Life Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Silver, DL, IHG Plat, etc.
Would using the visa signature deal link negate the entry?
Old Nov 5, 2009, 11:38 am
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by pmaddock
Would using the visa signature deal link negate the entry?
No, you can book any package, promotion, or offer, as long as it’s done through hilton.com. By booking you will get an entry into both the Grand Prize drawing and prize-of-the-week drawing.

Good luck,

Andrea (HHonors Representative)
Old Nov 5, 2009, 1:23 pm

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Bonvoy LT Plat, TSA vilifier extraordinaire, Once upon a time... US Silver, AA Gold
Originally Posted by pmaddock
While I know the odds of getting anything from it are slim <snip>
Yeah, but what the heck. I just cancelled and rebooked a room for this weekend in order to be eligible for week 1. I'll let you know if I win...

Doug
Old Nov 5, 2009, 2:54 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Gold, M&M FTL, QR Gold, HH Diamond, PCR Platinum
Unfortunately another promotion ignoring European HHonors members, who might even be spending more in average as a US-based colleague.

I find it apalling that this was limited to US bookings, I hope you change your mind in 1 week...
Old Nov 5, 2009, 7:10 pm

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
By the time the winner receives 1 million HH points, they'll only be worth around 700,000 points.

Did you notice how Hilton is not publicizing the devaluation on their web site, emails etc?

Pretty low key.

Not least since there aren't any "enhancements".
Old Nov 6, 2009, 4:29 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, SPG Gold
How do you register without booking a room?

I do not see how you can register for this promotion without booking a room. Can someone please explain how to register on-line for this or is this going to be one of those cases where you have to mail in a 3 X 5 card to register for the promo If you are not booking.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 5:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Originally Posted by SimpleManToo
I do not see how you can register for this promotion without booking a room. Can someone please explain how to register on-line for this or is this going to be one of those cases where you have to mail in a 3 X 5 card to register for the promo If you are not booking.
No on line registration. You must use snail mail.

From the web link in post #1 look at the lower right-hand corner. There's a link reading "Click Here For Rules". It brings up a pop-up. The first paragraph reads:
TO ENTER: There are two (2) ways to enter: 1) Book any stay at a Hilton hotel on www.Hilton.com (the "Website") any time during the Promotion Period and you will receive one entry into the Sweepstakes (a "Book Entry"), 2) You may enter without a stay by sending your hand-printed name, address and phone number on 3” x 5” paper to Hilton “Up In The Air” Sweepstakes Alternate Entry, P.O. Box 8600, Westport, CT 06888 (a "Mail-In Entry"). All Mail-in Entries must be postmarked by 01/11/10 and received by 01/18/10. Limit one (1) entry per person/e-mail address during each week of the Promotion Period regardless of the method of entry, for a total of ten (10) entries per person/email address during the Promotion Period, regardless of the method of entry. For purposes of this Sweepstakes and these Official Rules, the term “week” is understood to mean Tuesday – Monday. Multiple entries will be disqualified.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by CAlex
Unfortunately another promotion ignoring European HHonors members, who might even be spending more in average as a US-based colleague.

I find it apalling that this was limited to US bookings, I hope you change your mind in 1 week...

This gets brought up over and over and over (often in the whiniest possible tone). I believe there are LEGAL reasons why these kinds of sweepstakes are limited in this manner. I.e., Hilton's legal department has to make sure they comply with the laws of each country (& jurisdictions within each country, such as the states of the U.S.) regarding contests/sweepstakes.

I'm sure it isn't just a matter of Hilton sort of casually "changing its mind" and saying, "Hey, wait a minute! Let's just include another ~199 countries in the mix! No problem!!!

I never understand why people get so offended and upset over these types of things, as if they are being "left out" and personally slighted.

And I'm sure someone's post is going to rant about how they are going to immediately cancel all their bookings, burn their HHonors points, and stomp off to another program just to get "revenge."
Old Nov 6, 2009, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by travelexpert
By the time the winner receives 1 million HH points, they'll only be worth around 700,000 points.

Did you notice how Hilton is not publicizing the devaluation on their web site, emails etc?

Pretty low key.

Not least since there aren't any "enhancements".
On the contrary, I received an e-mail on October 21, announcing the change in award levels. (I am subscribed to the HHonors Special Offers and Announcements e-mail list. Perhaps you aren't?)

Also, they DO have the change in reward levels on their website, under Rewards -> Hotels -> One Free Night.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.