Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Win 1,000,000 Honors Bonus Points with the Hilton "Up in the Air" Sweepstakes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Win 1,000,000 Honors Bonus Points with the Hilton "Up in the Air" Sweepstakes

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2009, 2:31 pm
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by Kate_Canuck
I made a reservation through the contest link but haven't received any kind of notification that I've got an entry in the contest? Is there some way to tell that you've made a qualifying entry?

Also, if you make a reservation (e.g. this week) but cancel it before the sweepstakes expire, does it still count as a qualifying entry for the grand prize?
Hi,

Hilton will be sending out an email at the end of each week to guests confirming their entry.

Thanks for entering and good luck.

Andrea (HHonors Representative)
Old Nov 9, 2009, 2:56 pm
zaf

Programs: HH Gold VIP, BonVoy Gold, BAEC Gold, AmEx Platinum, Visa Infinite
Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative
Hi,

Hilton will be sending out an email at the end of each week to guests confirming their entry.

Hi could you please answer my following questions:

1- If I am make a booking today for the weekend of the 13th Nov will this booking get me in the Nov 3-9 week or the 9-16 Week?
2- And if I make a booking today for a trip dated in February will this booking be considered an entry for the grand prize?
Old Nov 9, 2009, 2:58 pm

Programs: HH diamond
Originally Posted by sshtdifferentday
If you look at the rules they list the estimated retail value of the prizes.

200,000 points is worth $2,000 so they are valuing each point at .01.
Wow, that's high. I use my points carefully, primarily in very expensive cities e.g., London, Rome, but most of the time I can't hit the 1ct/1 pt threshold. It was hard to hit that prior to the devaluation. But with the devaluation, how they put such a high value on their points?!
Old Nov 9, 2009, 11:46 pm
zaf

I am guessing many of us here have made bookings to enter the contest. Can you start posting here once you have received a confirmation from Hilton that your entry has been registered?
Old Nov 10, 2009, 7:07 am
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by zaf
Hi could you please answer my following questions:

1- If I am make a booking today for the weekend of the 13th Nov will this booking get me in the Nov 3-9 week or the 9-16 Week?
2- And if I make a booking today for a trip dated in February will this booking be considered an entry for the grand prize?
Hi,

You receive an entry for the week during which you made the booking, if you made the booking today, 11/10 you would be entered in this weeks drawing. All entries are eligible for the grand prize drawing.

Here is a link to the official rules:
http://www.hiltonupintheair.com/?cid...heAir,Specials

Thanks for your interest and good luck.

Old Nov 11, 2009, 1:26 pm
zaf

Has anyone received a email confirming your entry?
Old Nov 11, 2009, 1:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
post # 31 says confirmation at end of week. today is wed

cheers.
Old Nov 11, 2009, 5:07 pm
zaf

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
post # 31 says confirmation at end of week. today is wed

cheers.
Ok we're waiting.. .. is it too obvious that i am excited ?
Old Nov 12, 2009, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative
Hi,

OK, I expected to log in and see 30-40 posts saying I got the confirming e-mail, me too, me too, etc. So ... where is everybody?

I'll start. I got the e-mail confirming I was registered for the contest 3.5 hrs ago!
Old Nov 12, 2009, 8:57 pm
zaf

I received my confirmation

You've been automatically
entered into the Hilton "Up in
the Air" Sweepstakes!*

The reservation you were entered for
is ***********, booked
on **-***-2009

The prize-of-the-week for 11/3/09-11/9/09
is See the Stars. View details here.

This reservation will also enter you
into the Grand Prize drawing for
1,000,000 Hilton HHonors™ points
and a trip for two to Paris.

To opt out of the sweepstakes, send
an email to [email protected].
See official rules here.
I have a question, why would someone opt out of the sweepstakes?
Old Nov 17, 2009, 7:29 am
zaf

Will they be making an official announcement of the winners or will they just send an email and post the points to that lucky member?
Old Nov 17, 2009, 7:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Does anyone bother to read the T&C on promos anymore? This one is not even buried within a lengthy paragraph. It's actually set apart with a bolded heading:
WINNERS’ LIST: For any legally required list of the names of the Grand Prize and Weekly winners, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope, to be received before 01/26/10, to: Hilton “Up In The Air” Sweepstakes Winners’ List, P.O. Box 8500 Westport, CT 06888. VT residents may omit return postage.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 8:10 am
zaf

Originally Posted by Evan!
Does anyone bother to read the T&C on promos anymore? This one is not even buried within a lengthy paragraph. It's actually set apart with a bolded heading:
WINNERS’ LIST: For any legally required list of the names of the Grand Prize and Weekly winners, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope, to be received before 01/26/10, to: Hilton “Up In The Air” Sweepstakes Winners’ List, P.O. Box 8500 Westport, CT 06888. VT residents may omit return postage.

What I understood from this statement is not the announcement (way of communication) with the winner. I thought this is for organizations required list of winners.

My question was about how will Hilton contact the winner? Email, mail, phone, or will something appear on his HH profile..etc and if they will be doing an announcement on it. Apparently the second part of the question is that they won't. And I am guessing the winner will know privately.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 8:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Originally Posted by zaf
What I understood from this statement is not the announcement (way of communication) with the winner. I thought this is for organizations required list of winners.

My question was about how will Hilton contact the winner? Email, mail, phone, or will something appear on his HH profile..etc and if they will be doing an announcement on it. Apparently the second part of the question is that they won't. And I am guessing the winner will know privately.
Sorry. I totally mis-read your post. Mea culpa. I thought you were asking how to find out who won. Again, my mistake. I see your question has to do with the marketing of winner. I would guess that only a HH insider would be able to answer this. And that HH insider would need to be in the marketing department of HH and not customer service per se. I would also guess that a call to HH (up to a supervisor) might get an answer to your question. The only other avenue I would choose is to contact HH through the web site
Old Nov 17, 2009, 9:02 am

Programs: HH diamond
I have made 3 Hilton res, starting the first day of the contest. I have yet to receive any confirmation of entries into the sweepstakes. How else can we confirm our entries?

Has anyone else NOT received confirmations of entry?

Andrea, is everyone getting confirmations and can they back enter me since I have the confirmations and dates the res were made? I obviously made the entries correctly and it appears there is problem with the Hilton system recording the entry properly. It would not be fair not to get an entry because of a PROBLEM with the HILTON system!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.