Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Win 1,000,000 Honors Bonus Points with the Hilton "Up in the Air" Sweepstakes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Win 1,000,000 Honors Bonus Points with the Hilton "Up in the Air" Sweepstakes

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2009, 10:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
BTW, for those making multiple reservations thinking it will increase their odds of winning - it's ONE ENTRY PER WEEK FOR A TOTAL OF 10 ENTRIES.

TO ENTER: There are two (2) ways to enter: 1) Book any stay at a Hilton hotel on www.Hilton.com (the "Website") any time during the Promotion Period and you will receive one entry into the Sweepstakes (a "Book Entry"), 2) You may enter without a stay by sending your hand-printed name, address and phone number on 3” x 5” paper to Hilton “Up In The Air” Sweepstakes Alternate Entry, P.O. Box 8600, Westport, CT 06888 (a "Mail-In Entry"). All Mail-in Entries must be postmarked by 01/11/10 and received by 01/18/10. Limit one (1) entry per person/e-mail address during each week of the Promotion Period regardless of the method of entry, for a total of ten (10) entries per person/email address during the Promotion Period, regardless of the method of entry. For purposes of this Sweepstakes and these Official Rules, the term “week” is understood to mean Tuesday – Monday. Multiple entries will be disqualified.

Cheers.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 11:58 am
zaf

Programs: HH Gold VIP, BonVoy Gold, BAEC Gold, AmEx Platinum, Visa Infinite
Originally Posted by travelinfoo
I have made 3 Hilton res, starting the first day of the contest. I have yet to receive any confirmation of entries into the sweepstakes. How else can we confirm our entries?

Has anyone else NOT received confirmations of entry?

Andrea, is everyone getting confirmations and can they back enter me since I have the confirmations and dates the res were made? I obviously made the entries correctly and it appears there is problem with the Hilton system recording the entry properly. It would not be fair not to get an entry because of a PROBLEM with the HILTON system!
Yes I have.
To be eligible you must be a US or Canada resident not in Quebec. And What I am guessing HH are checking your primary address and if you are not in either countries your entry won't count.
The entry of week 1 was confirmed on Nov 12th. So if this is going to be the rule your weekly entry mostly will get confirmed on Thursday of the following week.
You are only allowed one entry per week. I am assuming when you said you have three entries is that you have placed an entry every week (since we are in the 3rd week of the competition now). If so, and you haven't received any confirmation by email (checked your bulk) and you are residing in USA or Canada then call HHonors and ask them the reason behind not receiving your confirmation.

Regards,
Old Jan 4, 2010, 11:04 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Bonvoy LT Plat, TSA vilifier extraordinaire, Once upon a time... US Silver, AA Gold
Up in the Air

I haven't seen much discussion here about the movie, which surprises me. My wife and I enjoyed it. George Clooney's character does a voice over describing how he (paraphasing) "spends 323 nights a year on the road, which means 42 terrible nights at home." All of his road nights are Hilton chain properties, with Hilton (particularly) Hampton, Doubletree and HGI getting screen time.

One quick shot of his apartment shows a Hilton logo monogrammed bathrobe and slippers (slippers?). In another scene Clooney bypasses a long check in line at a Hilton using the Hhonors express line, and when someone in the longer line complains he hands her an Hhonors brochure and suggests she sign up. The best zinger is when he is checking in to a small, independent hotel for his sister's wedding and has to stand in line. When he asks a desk clerk filing her nails if she can help him she replies "~This~ line is for our Matterhorn Club members."

Had my first Hilton stay this weekend since the movie came out and the plastic room key had the movie logo on it. I kept it. :-)
Old Jan 4, 2010, 11:31 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP MM, HH Diamond
most of the reviews / comments about the film can be found in the American Airlines forum also a few in Community Buzz
Old Jan 4, 2010, 2:24 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/omni/...ir-2009-a.html
Old Jan 4, 2010, 2:28 pm

It is a good movie.
A company that specialized in firing people. Is that real?
Old Jan 4, 2010, 2:32 pm

Programs: HH, PC, SPG, MR, GP, US, UA, AA
Originally Posted by dwcatty
One quick shot of his apartment shows a Hilton logo monogrammed bathrobe and slippers (slippers?).

I mentioned in the Community Buzz thread that I even spotted a bottle of half-empty HH/Crabtree & Evelyn mouthwash on the bathroom counter in Bingham's apartment.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 8:33 pm

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
I think the movie was WAYYY better for AA than HH.

But HH is obviously maximizing its portrayal in the movie.

In fact--I think the reason we have not seen a Q1 promo (like bonus nights or points) is because HH thinks publicity from the movie willl be enough to generate incremental business in what is traditionally the slowest quarter.

Of course--it could be that HH is simply not in the habit of great promos....
Old Jan 4, 2010, 9:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
I haven't seen much discussion here about the movie, which surprises me.
Here as in HH forum or here as in FT as a whole? If the former, perhaps though would disagree if you meant the latter.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 9:50 pm

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
The "real" Up-In-The-Air FTer

I started this post in the UA forum, and was quite delighted when the Tom actually started posting and answering questions, in between media interviews, for example:

About the miles. This year I will have flown just a little less than 700k, and yes that is BIS. With all this DEQM, my Total EQM will end up just shy of 1.5 million. As far as what I do, Ido sales and managment training. Where cars are sold is where I have the ability to work. Ifell in love with Australia and it's people about 25+ years ago and have trained there regularly since. I also vacation quite regularly. The woman I am involved with and I have taken at least 50 honeymoons in places all over the world. Life is to short. A while back I decide to work to live and not live to work. As I have mentioned previously, I have 2 sons, one in high school and the other works and travels with me alot. He will become a million miler next month. P.S. I don't know who YOU work for , but if you work in the Auto industry, maybe you could use my help.
Old Jan 5, 2010, 5:14 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Bonvoy LT Plat, TSA vilifier extraordinaire, Once upon a time... US Silver, AA Gold
Originally Posted by tcook052
Here as in HH forum or here as in FT as a whole? If the former, perhaps though would disagree if you meant the latter.
Here in HH. I did a search and found only one post in this forum that mentioned the movie, so I started a thread. I kept my observations relevant to Hilton. I thought that was appropriate.

I don't fly as much as I used to (formerly AA gold), and AA does not even serve my present local, regional airport, so I don't read that forum. I was not aware of one of the link cordelli posted (started to read it, will continue later - lookd like a good thread). I'm sure there are others, but like I said, I thought a Hilton related thread was appropriate.

Doug (Are there Hilton monogram slippers?)

Last edited by dwcatty; Jan 5, 2010 at 5:39 am Reason: clarification
Old Jan 5, 2010, 6:00 am

Programs: UA AU MM,HH Diamond,Hyatt Globalist , Marriott Gold
Here in HH. I did a search and found only one post in this forum that mentioned the movie, so I started a thread. I kept my observations relevant to Hilton. I thought that was appropriate.

I don't fly as much as I used to (formerly AA gold), and AA does not even serve my present local, regional airport, so I don't read that forum. I was not aware of one of the link cordelli posted (started to read it, will continue later - lookd like a good thread). I'm sure there are others, but like I said, I thought a Hilton related thread was appropriate.

Doug (Are there Hilton monogram slippers?)
I have some slippers from W=A Cavalieri, Hilton ADT, HWV, HHV and a few others. I have not looked at them in some time, but I'm pretty sure they are monogrammed.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 4:31 pm

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by trm2
I have some slippers from W=A Cavalieri, Hilton ADT, HWV, HHV and a few others. I have not looked at them in some time, but I'm pretty sure they are monogrammed.
At the moment, I am wearing a pair of slippers with the Hilton logo monogrammed on them.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 6:45 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
I actually spent a lot of time at the Hilton STL ballpark when they were filming it. They pretty much took the whole lobby area up during the day and where out or there around four or so. It was pretty cool to see though.
Old Jan 8, 2010, 4:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by travelexpert
In fact--I think the reason we have not seen a Q1 promo (like bonus nights or points) is because HH thinks publicity from the movie willl be enough to generate incremental business in what is traditionally the slowest quarter.

Of course--it could be that HH is simply not in the habit of great promos....
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...er-2010-a.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.