Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Stakis Hotels Acquired by Hilton

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 1999, 11:10 am
Original Poster

Stakis Hotels Acquired by Hilton

Ladrooke Plc, the owners of Hilton International, have today confirmed that they are in takeover talks with the Stakis group (www.stakis.co.uk).

The Scottish Stakis group own nearly 50 3&4* hotels throughout the UK.

It is understood Ladbrooke would incorporate these properties under the Hilton National/International banners.

Yipppppppppeeeeeeeeee (more points).

Nick

Old Feb 5, 1999, 3:03 pm
Commander Catcop

DITTO from ME!!! I have NOT heard of this chain... but in Bass's hands they could go the right way (I-C) or become overpriced Holiday INNS! CATMAN
Old Feb 8, 1999, 9:02 am
Original Poster

Ladbrooke have today made a formal offer for Stakis Hotels and confirmed they would be incorporated under the Hilton International banner.

My cup runneth over.
MF

Old Apr 27, 1999, 7:01 am
Original Poster

Ladbooke have now completed the purchase of the 50+ Stakis properties in the UK.

These properties are be re-branded as Hilton's (although I suspect some will be Hilton National's).

http://www.stakis.co.uk

HHonours scheme integration is being prepared.

Yipppeee.... that trebles the number of Hilton properties in the UK, and should make getting a reward stay in London much easier.

Nick
Old Apr 27, 1999, 7:11 am
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Careful there Merry, too much excitement might cause some damage
Old Apr 28, 1999, 1:06 am
Original Member

If you phone Hilton Reservations in the UK at the moment, you won't get a happy person on the phone. The Hilton call centre is to be scrapped, with the Stakis centre in Glasgow become the reservation point for Hilton in the UK. The Hilton lot are losing their jobs.

Also, expect some problems during the transfer, as all the reservation codes etc need to be changed over.

Its a pity. I hate to see anyone lose their jobs, especially as the Hilton reservation team in the UK always seamed to be a happy and helpful bunch.

Tim
Old Jul 7, 1999, 9:15 am

Question Stakis

In a confirmation fax from Stakis Hotels in UK they state that they are now part of Hilton Hotels. Any guesses whether I can get Hilton points for my stay next week or even double dip?
Old Jul 9, 1999, 6:36 pm

SteinerboyCA -- Although Stakis hotels are now part of the Hilton family, there are still a number of systems and operational issues that need to be addressed before they can "go live" in the HHonors program. Consequently, no date has yet been set for their participation. So, at present, you cannot earn HHonors points at these properties. I'll post as soon as I have any updates on this topic.

Wish I had better news for you, but wanted to let you know before your trip.

Best regards,

Adam Burke
Senior Director, Marketing
Hilton HHonors Worldwide
[email protected]
Old Jul 19, 1999, 3:33 pm

Thanks for the info Adam - when I asked the Stakis about HHonors they were rather non-plussed (which is what I expected). Hopefully this will get sorted out soon.

(And please do not make them change their excellent breakfast :-)
Old Nov 27, 1999, 9:52 pm
Original Member

Stakis St. Ermin's - stay over New Year's

Has anyone stayed at this hotel? How is the location, the Living Well Health Club you have access to through the hotel, safety of the area, breakfast provided quality? Any additional comments would be appreciated.
Old Mar 15, 2000, 2:20 pm
Original Member

UK Stakis Hotels

Has anyone stayed in any of the Stakis hotels? They seem to have very good rates (GBP89) for hotels and was wondering if anyone had any experiences with them -- good or bad.

Thanks.

--Jim
Old Mar 15, 2000, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Just watch out if you are trying to book on the internet site. Some of those "great" rates require a non-refundable deposit. When I was unable to book the next-higher rate that didn't require the deposit, the system refered me to an 800 number. I called the number and booked the hotel, trying to make sure the rate was not the non-refundable one. (The agent seemed to have a different screen.) In any case, had to cancel that booking a few weeks later due to change in travel. My Amex statement (used the card to guarantee late arrival) arrived last week with the non-refundable charge from Stakis! And forwarding details to Hilton for refund. (They didn't even post any points for the phantom stay...!)

Let us know if you are able to book on the internet, or are also refered to the 800 number.
Old Mar 15, 2000, 10:26 pm

Stayed at the Stakis in Brighton England last December for a rate around 80 GBP (assuming that I would get HHonors credit since I had reserved the room through the Hilton web site). When I presented my HHonors card at check-in, they immediately told me that they weren't part of the HHonors program yet, and asked if I still wanted the room. I don't recall it being much different from some of the UK Hiltons that I've stayed in. I have a vague recollection that they don't have non-smoking rooms, which would be my only complaint about the stay.

I also recently reserved a couple of Stakis stays in London via the Hilton web site, which I later had to cancel (and did so successfully via the Hilton web site).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.