Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hertz President's Club for Sale

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2009, 7:21 pm
Original Poster

Hertz President's Club for Sale

So, I was on the Hertz website today, reserving a car for an upcoming weekend trip. I was looking for a weekend coupon -- I saw this:

Upgrade to Hertz #1 Club Gold Presidents Circle ShareThis Heres your opportunity to enjoy an exclusive level of service and reap rewards normally reserved for members who qualify for Hertz #1 Club Gold Presidents Circle status.

Gold members: This elite level of membership can be yours for an annual membership fee of $450.

Five Star members: This elite level of membership can be yours for an annual membership fee of $250.

Is Hertz desparate for extra revenue, or what? As a President's Club member myself -- it has essentially no marginal value.
Old Aug 29, 2009, 7:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I wish they'd offer a unique new level of service called "We'll execute the published benefits of #1 Club Gold, base membership, correctly." We'll have your car in your stall at the right time. We'll have an agent processing your return receipt as you step out of your car at any station of reasonable size. We'll have a phone agent ready to handle your situation, without hold time, after we jam you with a bogus gas charge and you call to complain. Stuff like that...

I spent a couple years at PC. About five more at 5-Star. Neither one had much value at all to me. National Exec, on the other hand, seems to result in attractive cars and (so far) no delays or hassles picking up or returning a car. Hertz's Seattle operation caused me to switch over to National, and now I'm doing nearly all of my rentals there.

I just wish Hertz could get its basic processes right like it did 10 years ago. I still like the HLE's but the airport locations I've been to in the past year or so all seem to be falling apart.
Old Sep 16, 2009, 12:33 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador
I bought PC for $250. Best deal for me ever. I rent about 25 times a year. As a larger person, being able to pay for a full sized car and being guaranteed a premium car is well worth it. Particularly when they run the half priced weekend special for full sized and smaller cars.

I would opine that I rent about 75 days a year. To break even, the differential in price between full and premium needs only be $3.00 per day. Usually its closer to $30 or more.
Old Sep 21, 2009, 12:13 am

Programs: Some more than others
Originally Posted by clarkef
As a larger person, being able to pay for a full sized car and being guaranteed a premium car is well worth it.
Glad to see someone gets benefits from being PC, when I reserve a full-sized car (F) I'm lucky to get a YF, mostly they don't even bother to upgrade me and when ask I get shrugged shoulders.
Old Sep 26, 2009, 6:24 pm

Programs: AA Plat, National EE, Marriott Plat, HH Gold, SPG Plat
Are you kidding me??? I was a PC member for 2 years and always had to fight to get any kind of upgrade. I would book an F and they'd give me a ford escape and tell me thats an "upgrade" despite the Ford Escape having a lower MSRP than the F vehicle I booked. Only freebie I have ever gotten (which was a damn good one) was a new Escalade in San diego for the F rate (30 bux a day). I am 5 star now and would never pay to get PC, it's worthless.

Edit: Also when I was a PC my car would NEVER EVER be in the President's circle designated stalls which are closest to the bus drop-off point. I hate Hertz more and more just typing this, haha.
Old Sep 26, 2009, 7:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
Agreed... I really don't see much of a difference in from 5 star level to the P.C. It's a joke.

Originally Posted by anaugle
So, I was on the Hertz website today, reserving a car for an upcoming weekend trip. I was looking for a weekend coupon -- I saw this:

Upgrade to Hertz #1 Club Gold President’s Circle ShareThis Here’s your opportunity to enjoy an exclusive level of service and reap rewards normally reserved for members who qualify for Hertz #1 Club Gold President’s Circle status.

Gold members: This elite level of membership can be yours for an annual membership fee of $450.

Five Star members: This elite level of membership can be yours for an annual membership fee of $250.

Is Hertz desparate for extra revenue, or what? As a President's Club member myself -- it has essentially no marginal value.

Last edited by Radiant Flyer; Sep 26, 2009 at 7:34 pm
Old Oct 2, 2009, 2:47 pm

Programs: AA-LEP,United-1K Again!, USAIR-CHRMN, MW Plat Prem, SW-Gold, Hilton-Silver, Hertz-Platnium
Guaranteed car with VERY few exceptions. This has gotten me out of a bid more than once, including with USHairyWays stranded me in Phoenix the weekend of the All Star Game. Their flight delay, no hotels. I got a car and drove home

Originally Posted by Radiant Flyer
Agreed... I really don't see much of a difference in from 5 star level to the P.C. It's a joke.
Old Oct 3, 2009, 7:17 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, United 1K, Amtrak Select, Hertz 5*, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Radiant Flyer
I'm going to be close to earning PC this year (like 2 rentals away). I was considering paying for two LE rentals just to get there. However, every time I read FT, you all talk me out of it. :-)
Old Oct 3, 2009, 11:35 am

Programs: DL - Plat, Marriott - Plat, Hilton - Diamond, SPG- Plat, National- ES
Don't waste your money....

I don't miss my PC and will probably lose five star this year too.

But I could not justify the higher prices for the poor quality/service I was receiving at my primary airports.

I keep dropping by hoping I will hear that things have gotten better and Hertz has seen the error of thier ways. But.... unit they do, my companies cash will be spent someplace else.
Old Oct 3, 2009, 11:46 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
So, being PC at Heryz, I have had the good and bad. I am in the market to change next year.

The question is to who though.....

Will any other agency match status? I also need a company that has coverage in very small markets. Any thoughts? Also, I rent midsize per company policy and value upgrades to SUV type vehicles.
Old Oct 10, 2009, 11:19 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador
I guess we all have different experiences. You can put in a preference in your profile. Consequently, I routinely get a Grand Marquis or Towncar. Last week I got a Cadillac Escalade. This week, I got a Towncar and upgraded for $20/day to a Navigator.

For me the PC has been a huge benefit at only $250 I am extremely happy.

Now, a few out of the way locations required me to school them on the benefits. Once, a new person at the Orange county airport tried to convince me that the upgrade was space available. I had him check with his manager who corrected him and I got a better upgrade.

Similarly at the Detroit airport, they didn't upgrade me, citing that they didn't have any premium cars. Once again I had them check with their manager who did some research and learned that it was guaranteed upgrade. I got a large SUV as a result.

I find that the guaranteed upgrade and guaranteed availability are particularly useful when traveling during the holiday weekend.

Last Christmas the LAX location was sold out. Every company which had availability wanted like $130 for a Ford Taurus. My PC had expired but I got it reinstated that day. I was able to rent a full sized car for $60, which was automatically upgraded to a Town car.

Like I said, my experiences have been very good with PC
Old Oct 13, 2009, 10:38 am

Programs: -- DL DM, MR Lifetime TE, HH Diamond, National Something???
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
So, being PC at Heryz, I have had the good and bad. I am in the market to change next year.

The question is to who though.....

Will any other agency match status? I also need a company that has coverage in very small markets. Any thoughts? Also, I rent midsize per company policy and value upgrades to SUV type vehicles.
I have beeb\n PC for 8 years now and also looking to change in 2010 but facing the same basic question as you ---- who to change to?
Old Oct 17, 2009, 11:41 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by Lane412000
I have beeb\n PC for 8 years now and also looking to change in 2010 but facing the same basic question as you ---- who to change to?
Yeah, I always here the grass is greener, but without having anyone specifically outline what I am missing by staying at Hertz, I may end up sticking with the beast that I know.

I need coverage in small markets, which means that a number of companies are immediately eliminated.
Old Oct 18, 2009, 7:50 am

Programs: DL 0.22 MM, AA 0.34 MM, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 GC 5*
Is this still going on?

I'm 5*, and looking at next year's travel, it might be worth the upgrade.

Thanks!

Last edited by sbagdon; Oct 18, 2009 at 7:57 am
Old Nov 23, 2009, 10:05 pm

Programs: AC50K 1 MM, HH Diamond, Accor Gold, Hertz 5*, NEXUS, BW Diamond Select, IHG Spire Elite
Originally Posted by sbagdon
Is this still going on?

I'm 5*, and looking at next year's travel, it might be worth the upgrade.

Thanks!
Yup, I just tried it, it's still going on. Here is the link:

http://www.hertz.com/goldupgrade/

Question:
I am guessing that when it says annual that it means Nov 24, 2009-Nov 23,2010 ? Or is it from Nov 24, 2009 - Dec 31, 2010 ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.