Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Comprehensive Hertz CDP#'s

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2012, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by lilslip33
If your a gold member, can you use your gold member CDP and another CDP like the Big Savings CDP 1910304? Just asking because I'm considering becoming a Gold member.
You can only use one CDP per rental, but AFAIK you can use almost any CDP (that you're eligible to use) with a Gold account. I have a half dozen different CDPs in my Gold account.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 2:35 pm

proceed at your own risk

i got asked for my family member's id. when i couldn't produce it, i got asked for my family member's name. left the counter empty handed. got away with it before christmas though for a sweet one month rental. surprisingly, the aaa rate are not that bad.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by themicah
You can only use one CDP per rental, but AFAIK you can use almost any CDP (that you're eligible to use) with a Gold account. I have a half dozen different CDPs in my Gold account.
Does that mean you can use all 6 CPs at once when you make a rental since your a gold member? OR only one CDP?
Old Mar 6, 2012, 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by nitenrz
i got asked for my family member's id. when i couldn't produce it, i got asked for my family member's name. left the counter empty handed. got away with it before christmas though for a sweet one month rental. surprisingly, the aaa rate are not that bad.
Why didn't you just give them the member id when they asked? If you created an account (even an "other individual" non-military-affiliation account), you can find it under My Profile, Update Personal Information, its an 8 digit number. Did you not have an account?

I highly doubt it doesn't work as long as you created an account because the statements are on their own website, which they are legally liable for - I would have grilled them for this instead of leaving the counter.

And could someone please post the AAA code?

Thanks again for the feedback and help.

Last edited by lilslip33; Mar 7, 2012 at 12:38 am
Old Mar 6, 2012, 9:07 pm

Does that mean you can use all 6 CPs at once when you make a rental since your a gold member? OR only one CDP?
You can save a bunch of CDPs to your profile so you don't have to remember them, but you can only use one at once.

The AAA CDP is on the back of your AAA card (different regions have different CDPs).
Old Mar 7, 2012, 10:39 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, Avis Pref, DL Silver, National EE
Why didn't you just give them the member id when they asked? If you created an account (even an "other individual" non-military-affiliation account), you can find it under My Profile, Update Personal Information, its an 8 digit number. Did you not have an account?

I highly doubt it doesn't work as long as you created an account because the statements are on their own website, which they are legally liable for - I would have grilled them for this instead of leaving the counter.

Thanks again for the feedback and help.
I think they meant the retiree code, not the USAA one.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by royalbrett
I think they meant the retiree code, not the USAA one.
Oh, it wasnt clear
Old May 4, 2012, 10:24 pm

Programs: OnePass, United
Here you go https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/misc/...ge=AAAcdps.jsp
Old May 8, 2012, 7:16 am

Can you become a member of USAA but not get insurance, banking, etc. through them?

I believe I am eligible because my dad is a veteran. But I did the online verification and it says to call in. I don't want to call in and then they require I open up a banking account or something.

The USAA CDP gives a VERY good rate for my car rental. But I won't use the code unless I am actually a member of USAA.

Maggie
Old Jun 17, 2012, 9:49 am

USAA code not working

delete

Last edited by Binney; Jun 17, 2012 at 10:38 am
Old Jun 17, 2012, 9:57 am

delete post

Last edited by Binney; Jun 17, 2012 at 10:37 am
Old Jun 20, 2012, 3:20 pm

Programs: VS Silver, Kris Silver, IC Amb, HH Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by Binney
BTW - that employee code sure saves some money - but I'm renting in Buffalo so I'm not going to chance it, even though I am a Gold Plus member.
Out of curiosity I tried it for an SFO trip upcoming, and Gold CDP was better.

Oh and surely this doesn't help by publishing a list of CDPs like the previous times it happened and it got posted everywhere.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by MagicWok
Out of curiosity I tried it for an SFO trip upcoming, and Gold CDP was better.

Oh and surely this doesn't help by publishing a list of CDPs like the previous times it happened and it got posted everywhere.

having read through this thread many times...I though the point was to have a comprehensive list?? NO??

That said, I used this today and got an even better rate:
From now through October 31, 2012, you can earn 1,800 points and save up to 30% on rentals of three days or longer. This offer is valid on all cars at participating Hertz locations in the U.S., Puerto Rico, and Canada.
Rent for one or two days and earn 600 points and save up to 30% per rental.
Rent for three or more days and earn 1,800 points and save up to 30% per rental.
For reservations, click "Book Now." The Corporate ID/Rate (CDP) and Promotion Code fields will already be entered for you. Simply remember to provide your Rapid Rewards account number when completing your reservation.

You may also book through the Car tab online at southwest.com. When booking, please enter 168114 in the Promotion Code field and 205418 in the CDP field to receive your appropriate points.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 3:48 am

Programs: VS Silver, Kris Silver, IC Amb, HH Gold, Hertz Gold
Well it's just that some of the codes that have been posted in the past got reposted so much, in blogs and other forums, Hertz wised up to it.

Besides that, I don't know if using a staff discount, and not being staff, is the wisest thing. I wouldn't do it, but anywho...
Old Jun 24, 2012, 3:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by Binney
having read through this thread many times...I though the point was to have a comprehensive list?? NO??
A list of publicly-usable codes, yes. A list of codes restricted to employees of particular companies, no.

That said, I used this today and got an even better rate:
From now through October 31, 2012, you can earn 1,800 points and save up to 30% on rentals of three days or longer. This offer is valid on all cars at participating Hertz locations in the U.S., Puerto Rico, and Canada.
Rent for one or two days and earn 600 points and save up to 30% per rental.
Rent for three or more days and earn 1,800 points and save up to 30% per rental.
For reservations, click "Book Now." The Corporate ID/Rate (CDP) and Promotion Code fields will already be entered for you. Simply remember to provide your Rapid Rewards account number when completing your reservation.

You may also book through the Car tab online at southwest.com. When booking, please enter 168114 in the Promotion Code field and 205418 in the CDP field to receive your appropriate points.
I experimented with this offer and got a rate that totaled $23 more than a particular upcoming 4-day weekend rental that I had previously quoted using an AAA CDP and PC. So I have to decide if I want to pay $23 to get the extra 1,800 Hertz points. Seems like it's worthwhile (except am I supposed to be flying on Southwest Airlines?). 1,800 points could be redeemed for 3 midweek days (for example).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.