Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Comprehensive Hertz CDP#'s

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2004, 12:11 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG Platinum
AAA rates are usually the best, but not always. Try the US Air Hertz CDP #157348 at DFW. Beat my AAA rate for an upcoming (March) rental. Also, never be satisfied that the rate you booked, even using the AAA CDP, won't go lower. I've learned to repeatedly check my rate right up until the day of the rental. Back in September, I rented from Hertz in Charleston, WV. I had booked using my AAA rate many months prior. Checked for lower rates almost every week since the original booking and the morning I was due to arrive in Charleston, my AAA rate dropped $3/day. Same CDP code, same car type, same pickup/dropoff times, just a lower rate.
Old Nov 2, 2004, 4:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP/*wood Plat/Hilton Gold/Hyatt Discoverist
Entertainment book has a ton of CDP's. Entertainment considers the coupons in the book "paperless coupons." Meaning you do NOT have to show them upon rental.

Moreover, the CDP's are readily available on their site w/o membership (although as a entertainment member this is odd, but the dinner deals are worth the fees for the book). Plus, these CDP's are combinable with other corporate account offers. ^

Here's the link:

http://www.entertainment.com/save/tr...?company=hertz

And I am in favor of public CDP 'awareness' for these numbers similar to the Marriot / Avis lists.
Old Nov 2, 2004, 8:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by blitzkriegs
Entertainment book has a ton of CDP's. Entertainment considers the coupons in the book "paperless coupons." Meaning you do NOT have to show them upon rental.
Note that this might vary by city or by Entertainment book.

All of the Hertz coupons in my books for both '04 and '05 have PC #1xxxxx. Therefore, you must present the coupon. I don't know if you can gain much benefit by using the Entertainment CDP and a PC #9xxxxxx from the Hertz.com site. Most times, you have to pair up the PC with a valid CDP.

I've never found ENT useful for Hertz. I have found it useful for Alamo and National - ENT free weekend days when nothing else is working well at all - but I only go there if Hertz.com is really not playing nice with the rates.
Old Nov 2, 2004, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by Le Voyageur
I think that the max that you can get with AAA is 15 % but i always combine with other discounts. Double upgrade is one of my favorite to combine with my AAA.
When the rates are higher, the AAA code can have a higher percentage. I've seen it up to 30% off at times.
Old Dec 6, 2004, 10:58 am

Questions about AAA CDP

I am a AAA Mid-Atlantic member. I can't find the CDP on the website. It allows me to reserve a car from the AAA site. I'd like to have the option to book it elsewhere, though. I don't want to steal a code. I just want the benefit I paid for without having to book a car through a third party site.

1. Does anyone know my correct CDP or where to find it on the site?
2. If I use a AAA code from a different region, is that good enough?
Old Dec 6, 2004, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bar Alliance Gold
I used to invert the CDPs for WV (206) with WA (260) all the time. Always wondered why my CDP shows "AAA of West Virginia". The discount for both is 10%.

I have never been asked to show my AAA ID nor have I ever needed to use my AAA number (like you must now do with Hilton), so I don't think Hertz cares if you are an actual member or not.
Old Dec 6, 2004, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wsbombers
I am a AAA Mid-Atlantic member. I can't find the CDP on the website. It allows me to reserve a car from the AAA site. I'd like to have the option to book it elsewhere, though. I don't want to steal a code. I just want the benefit I paid for without having to book a car through a third party site.

AAA Midatlantic is 212 - also, don't forget with AAA, you can get additional benefits (important ones in bold):

http://ww2.aaa.com/misc/HertzAAAMemb...AAA&clb_id=212

Debit Card Acceptance
Exclusive discounts
Exclusive money-saving promotional offers
Exclusive upgrade & $'s off coupons
$5,000 limit on liability to vehicle (LDW)
No charge for additional drivers who are also AAA members &
meet standard rental qualifications
Primary personal liability protection of 25/50/10 (in most states)

No Saturday night keep required to qualify for lower weekly rates
Guaranteed best rate available at time of reservation within chosen channel of distribution
$1 per day off NeverLost® in-car navigational system
50% on-line discount for Hertz #1 Club Gold membership
Free child, infant or booster seat thru 12/31/04
Old Dec 6, 2004, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by channa
When the rates are higher, the AAA code can have a higher percentage. I've seen it up to 30% off at times.

As high as 49% once on a fullsize rental in LAS. Was a high weekend rate, so it was pretty much a wash.
Old Jan 11, 2005, 5:23 pm

Programs: QF QP NB, PC Plat. Amb, SPG Gold
The CDP for Qantas Frequent Flyers is 297302 - it generally gives good rates within Australia anyway (I haven't used it elsewhere) - tends to be lower than the Entertainment CDP of 1441781 anyway.
Old Jan 12, 2005, 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by wsbombers
I was actually about to call and ask AAA for the CDP because the MN/IA site doesn't have the CDP number either. Then I noticed that the CDP number is actually printed right on my AAA card. Go figure. It's 00049, btw, if anybody needs the MN/IA code.
Old Jan 12, 2005, 7:15 pm

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
A particularly [b]good[/b] free weekend day code

I know it's a PC - not a CDP - but it might be useful to some: 959976. It's a Free Weekend Day, Compact through Premium, minimum two-day (^) rental. It works with my AAA CDP and it works with the standard 5% off airline CDP's that Hertz lists on its website. Valid on pickups through 5/15/05. I received it in an email from Hertz about a month ago.
Old Jan 13, 2005, 8:44 am

Programs: IHG Rewards Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, UA/DL/AA Back of the plane...
Originally Posted by pinniped
I know it's a PC - not a CDP - but it might be useful to some: 959976. It's a Free Weekend Day, Compact through Premium, minimum two-day (^) rental. It works with my AAA CDP and it works with the standard 5% off airline CDP's that Hertz lists on its website. Valid on pickups through 5/15/05. I received it in an email from Hertz about a month ago.

Any idea what this is - don't want to use it if not valid for me - I am #1 Gold, but don't remember seeing this.

Also assume does not require a physical coupon....
Old Jan 13, 2005, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by fwfdan
Any idea what this is - don't want to use it if not valid for me - I am #1 Gold, but don't remember seeing this.

This came out in the 5* email newsletter. If you're not 5*/PC and the website lets you book it, more than likely no one will question it.

Any PC that starts with "9" is an internet PC with no coupon required. However, it's not a bad idea to print out the page and have it with you when you return the vehicle.
Old Jan 14, 2005, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by fwfdan

It was a direct email from Hertz. I get emails from them about once every 2-3 months with some "9" codes in them. The emails do not appear to be targeted beyond the fact that you had to subscribe to Hertz's emails to get it.
Old Jan 14, 2005, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by BigJC
This came out in the 5* email newsletter. If you're not 5*/PC and the website lets you book it, more than likely no one will question it.

Any PC that starts with "9" is an internet PC with no coupon required. However, it's not a bad idea to print out the page and have it with you when you return the vehicle.
Aaahh...you beat me to it. (I forget if my email was related to Five Star or not. I think I am 5*, but people at Hertz look at me like I have sprouted a second head whenever I ask whether any upgrades are available for Five-Stars. So either I'm not or they don't know what it is...

Good point on printing things out. I typically don't have this problem at Hertz, but it's a good habit to be in anyway. Never know when it'll help you out...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.