Community
Wiki Posts
Search

a few good coupon codes

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2008, 11:39 am

rental at sfo is very expensive

I am not getting anything less than 120$ for 3 days (oct 11th-14th), mid-full size car
Old Oct 8, 2008, 11:43 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
priceline -- if you have any flexibility and the time works, try the South San Francisco HLE. I have a 3-day weekend rental reserved for $55. You can take a cab from the airport to the location for about $10 and they'll drive you back to the airport rental car center.
Old Oct 8, 2008, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by noah
priceline -- if you have any flexibility and the time works, try the South San Francisco HLE. I have a 3-day weekend rental reserved for $55. You can take a cab from the airport to the location for about $10 and they'll drive you back to the airport rental car center.
which coupon codes do you use? so they will drive me back to SFO airport? what type of car did you get for $55? Thanks,
Old Oct 8, 2008, 2:27 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Hertz 5 star, Priceline Hotel bidder. AA PLT, 1MM.
Originally Posted by priceline
I am not getting anything less than 120$ for 3 days (oct 11th-14th), mid-full size car
You can try the South San Francisco HLE (177 Airport Blvd) like the above poster mentioned. Using the travel partners CDP (706900), I get $58 all in. Although there is 1 non weekend day (Mon-Tues), it was being charged like the inexpensive weekend day.

The HLE's are usually open very limited hours on Saturday and usually closed on Sunday. It would work great if you can arrive when they are open.

I recently went on a trip to Seattle & I routed my inbound time on a Thursday so I would arrive a couple hours before the nearby HLE closed. I save nearly $100 by renting at the nearby HLE instead of SEA airport. (with much better service ) The HLE even paid me for almost all of my cab fare going from the airport. ^

If the HLE isn't open, you could try priceline to see if you can get an less expensive rental.
Old Oct 8, 2008, 9:44 pm

help?

I am sure that I had put in a cdp pc combo that gave me $73 for full size at IAD Nov 20 to 23. But I can't figure out what I did. When I got that sum I didn't realize that it was the total. I thought it was the daily rate so I started over. Now I can't get it back.
Old Oct 9, 2008, 1:23 pm

Thanks for the tip about South SFO HLE location. I just booked 3 days rental for $58.25, full size car using entertainment book coupon.

HLE is open till 1PM on saturday, my flight will arrive at 10:30PM.

I have a question. I selected the return time at 12PM(picking up also at 12PM), but my return flight is at 3:30PM, do you guys think they will charge for extra day if i return at around 1PM(1-2 hours late)?
Old Oct 9, 2008, 2:15 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by priceline
Thanks for the tip about South SFO HLE location. I just booked 3 days rental for $58.25, full size car using entertainment book coupon.

HLE is open till 1PM on saturday, my flight will arrive at 10:30PM.

I have a question. I selected the return time at 12PM(picking up also at 12PM), but my return flight is at 3:30PM, do you guys think they will charge for extra day if i return at around 1PM(1-2 hours late)?
Yes, they will charge you extra after a 29 minute grace period. Usually one hour is less than a day, but two hours+ is a full day.
Old Oct 12, 2008, 6:19 am

Originally Posted by chemist661
You can try the South San Francisco HLE (177 Airport Blvd) like the above poster mentioned. Using the travel partners CDP (706900), I get $58 all in. Although there is 1 non weekend day (Mon-Tues), it was being charged like the inexpensive weekend day.

The HLE's are usually open very limited hours on Saturday and usually closed on Sunday. It would work great if you can arrive when they are open.

I recently went on a trip to Seattle & I routed my inbound time on a Thursday so I would arrive a couple hours before the nearby HLE closed. I save nearly $100 by renting at the nearby HLE instead of SEA airport. (with much better service ) The HLE even paid me for almost all of my cab fare going from the airport. ^

If the HLE isn't open, you could try priceline to see if you can get an less expensive rental.
What is the travel partners CDP? Do I need any kind of membership card? Do I get full miles with it? It did lower the price I have for some rental cars here in Sweden over the next few weeks.
Old Oct 12, 2008, 11:07 am

Tried to use 706900 on the G35 and it was more expensive

I tried to use the code 706900 to rent a G35/37 from the South San Francisco (117 South Airport Blvd.) HLE... and my rate was $164.99 per day for a Friday-Monday rental...(10/24/08-10/27/08)

At the Los Angles HLE without a code it is $114 per day for the same date...

Am I doing something wrong? how are you guys getting $58 per day on any car? Or are the prestige collection vehicles excluded from this discount?
Old Oct 13, 2008, 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by MDSD
I used this PC (104182), w/the Auto Club CDP, at Phoenix airport for an excellent weekend rate (3 days, full size, $105). The agent expressed several 'wows', then asked if she could call her colleagues over to see it - they agreed it was the best deal they had seen in a long time. I was just glad it was a legitimate PC, and not some employee code.
Thank you for this. I just used it for 4 days this weekend at PHX as well. I originally had a full-size booked at Avis (am President's Club there), but decided to go with Hertz (President's Circle) after reading about how bad the PHX Avis location is.
Old Oct 14, 2008, 9:21 pm

I have a shuttle that is supposed to arrive from the Galveston cruise terminal at Houston Hobby airport at 12:00 noon. This promo says that cars must be picked up by noon Sunday. When I checked the price with a pick-up at 12:30, it said the promotion was not valid, and the price tripled. Will I be okay if I reserve a car for noon, but end up actually picking it up by 12:30 if the shuttle is not early, or will I get slammed with the higher rate? I need a car to drive one-way back to Dallas.

Thanks

Originally Posted by szymon
Found the "Hertz Weekender" offer today - looks like a good deal...

For weekend rentals, they are charging local rates for one way rentals! They also include up to 3 days of Neverlost free (pending availability) and a free child seat.

Pricing it out, it looks like they charge for Neverlost but the coupon that gets automatically put in when using the link will most likely take it off at dropoff.

Link: https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/speci...jsp&Category=W

Szymon
Old Oct 15, 2008, 4:53 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM, AA Gold MM, Hilton LTD, Marriott LTP, Hertz PC
My latest favorite PC code is 124110 - $10 off per day and double ZE1 points. If I keep trying I can usually find a low rate that gets even lower with the coupon. Sometomes using the code will raise the rate, but keep checking and you can usually find a reasonable rate.
Old Oct 20, 2008, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by kempis
What is the travel partners CDP? Do I need any kind of membership card? Do I get full miles with it? It did lower the price I have for some rental cars here in Sweden over the next few weeks.
I have been reading through this entire thread. Alot of people are using this CDP. I qualify for it, but do you get normal miles or is it one of those CDPs who doesnt earn any miles?
Old Oct 20, 2008, 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by den1k
My latest favorite PC code is 124110 - $10 off per day and double ZE1 points. If I keep trying I can usually find a low rate that gets even lower with the coupon. Sometomes using the code will raise the rate, but keep checking and you can usually find a reasonable rate.
As per this thread, I've enjoyed a couple 600 bonus point rentals. I'll have to start using the one den1k posts above to at least get double points after 10/31, when the 600 bonus point offer expires.

Unless some nice person out there posts another great bonus point offer? Since these are expensed rentals, I'm not as concerned about $ off the rate, our corp CDP usually produces an excellent rate. But lots of bonus points for free personal rentals are what I'm after.
Old Oct 21, 2008, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by manu4jc
I tried to use the code 706900 to rent a G35/37 from the South San Francisco (117 South Airport Blvd.) HLE... and my rate was $164.99 per day for a Friday-Monday rental...(10/24/08-10/27/08)

At the Los Angles HLE without a code it is $114 per day for the same date...

Am I doing something wrong? how are you guys getting $58 per day on any car? Or are the prestige collection vehicles excluded from this discount?
Prestige collection vehicles are almost always MUCH more than normal midsize/fullsize rates, so while there is some discount, you will pay significantly for the prestige of driving one of those vehicles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.