Community
Wiki Posts
Search

a few good coupon codes

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2008, 8:05 am

Programs: *G, ow Saph
Originally Posted by MDSD
I used this PC (104182), w/the Auto Club CDP, at Phoenix airport for an excellent weekend rate (3 days, full size, $105). The agent expressed several 'wows', then asked if she could call her colleagues over to see it - they agreed it was the best deal they had seen in a long time. I was just glad it was a legitimate PC, and not some employee code.
This one is a wow for sure. My rental just dropped from $282 to $53 when I re-quoted it (for some reason it hadn't kicked in at a weekend rate before) for 4 days compact ^^
Old Sep 11, 2008, 8:00 pm

Programs: DL 0.22 MM, AA 0.34 MM, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 GC 5*
Originally Posted by drzoidberg
What's the best way to reserve a Prestige level car? I tried a whole bunch of dates at DCA, but they're always listed as being sold out for that date.
Had this same problem with BWI. Turns out BWI will only let you reserve a Prestige beginning on the first day of the previous calendar month of the rental. So if you're renting for 12/31, you can't reserve until 11/1. I've reserved an Escape, and when my month comes around, I'll change that to a Prestige. Try a fake booking for DCA for Oct and I'll bet it'll work, and not work for Nov.

Steve B.

Last edited by sbagdon; Sep 11, 2008 at 8:11 pm
Old Sep 11, 2008, 8:07 pm

Programs: DL 0.22 MM, AA 0.34 MM, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 GC 5*
The end of the year is coming, and most of the good PCs appear to be expiring on 12/31. So...

Does anyone have a PC for a weekend one-day keep, smallest car possible? My local HLE is the same cost, for a 1-day keep (2x a 2-day), or a 2-day keep (0.5x a 1-day). Trying to get the 1-day keep down to <$20.

Thanks!

Steve B.
Old Sep 11, 2008, 8:52 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles, Hertz Gold, National Emerald Club, Priority Club
Found the "Hertz Weekender" offer today - looks like a good deal...

For weekend rentals, they are charging local rates for one way rentals! They also include up to 3 days of Neverlost free (pending availability) and a free child seat.

Pricing it out, it looks like they charge for Neverlost but the coupon that gets automatically put in when using the link will most likely take it off at dropoff.

Link: https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/speci...jsp&Category=W

Szymon
Old Sep 18, 2008, 3:29 pm

I have a Gold Mastercard, which lists one of its perks as 20% off Hertz car hire. I have the code from my bank but it won't take anything off the web booking - ie if I do a dummy run with the CDP and another one without, the price remains absolutely the same!!

However I can get 10% off using a code from www.myvouchercodes.com - which might just sweeten the cost of car hire in Europe at the moment.

Is there any truth in what the Hertz customer service rep said that all Greek Hertz counters are independent franchises and don't offer reductions?

Incidentally I sent my problem as a query to customer services on the web, was promised a reply within 24 hours, and got nothing ...... this was 10 days ago, so I have sent it twice since, and STILL no reply!!!
Old Sep 22, 2008, 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by sbagdon
Had this same problem with BWI. Turns out BWI will only let you reserve a Prestige beginning on the first day of the previous calendar month of the rental. So if you're renting for 12/31, you can't reserve until 11/1. I've reserved an Escape, and when my month comes around, I'll change that to a Prestige. Try a fake booking for DCA for Oct and I'll bet it'll work, and not work for Nov.

Steve B.
Thanks Steve! Never knew about that little trick. I'll keep that in mind for next time.
Old Sep 28, 2008, 10:35 pm

Programs: Hertz Five Star, National Emerald Club, Avis Preferred, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by ashu1_99
$ 10 off on one day rental: Use CDP# 1821214 and PC# 122290. Minimum 1 day rental. Valid at Airport locations only.
I just learned something about this coupon. This coupon can be used on weekly rentals, and you will save $70 off your weekly rental! The weekly rate should not increase using this PC code. This coupon is a HUGE plus for weekly rentals.

I would still like to know where this PC came from as it's too good to be true.
Old Sep 29, 2008, 5:18 am

Anyone ever used CDP #1652960 ? HERTZ FAMILY MEMBER and gives 40% off

*edit*
Looks like I found the explanation
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...r+family+hertz
Old Sep 29, 2008, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by ChopSuey
I just learned something about this coupon. This coupon can be used on weekly rentals, and you will save $70 off your weekly rental! The weekly rate should not increase using this PC code. This coupon is a HUGE plus for weekly rentals.

I would still like to know where this PC came from as it's too good to be true.
Yes this is a good coupon. I think i received a mail sometime back regarding this coupon and up to where i remember there was not any particular Condition on it. I myself has used this soupon quite a number of times.
Old Sep 30, 2008, 1:03 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Originally Posted by ChopSuey
This offer expires 9/30
Old Oct 3, 2008, 6:24 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Priority Club, National Exec Elite, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis First, Thrifty Bluechip
Originally Posted by szymon
Found the "Hertz Weekender" offer today - looks like a good deal...

For weekend rentals, they are charging local rates for one way rentals! They also include up to 3 days of Neverlost free (pending availability) and a free child seat.

Pricing it out, it looks like they charge for Neverlost but the coupon that gets automatically put in when using the link will most likely take it off at dropoff.

Link: https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/speci...jsp&Category=W

Szymon
I'm trying to use this coupon at YLW (Kelowna Airport) and it won't let me. A local rental for a compact for 2 days with a Saturday keep is about $120 (I'm underage). A one-way rental dropping in vancouver comes out to about $420. When I click on "Reserve It" from your link it puts the promo codes in but then I get this:

Not all requirements for the Promotion Coupon - 124025 and Rate Code - DRIVE combination requested have been met. We have removed the Promotion Coupon and Rate Code from your request to provide you with the best rate returned. If you would still like to take advantage of the Promotion Coupon and Rate Code, please refer to the offer details to meet all necessary requirements. [DRX143]

Things is, I have met all the requirements. Unless YLW isn't a "participating" location. Anybody else have any issues?
Old Oct 3, 2008, 7:31 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
The non-corporate locations I have never had any luck getting a coupon code to take...
Old Oct 3, 2008, 7:34 pm
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz & Avis PC; National EE; SPG & Hilton Gold; AC 35K (yawn)
Originally Posted by DWilliamson5002
The non-corporate locations I have never had any luck getting a coupon code to take...
I checked out of curiosity YLW and it's in town offices are corporate.
Old Oct 3, 2008, 7:53 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Priority Club, National Exec Elite, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis First, Thrifty Bluechip
Originally Posted by briantoronto
I checked out of curiosity YLW and it's in town offices are corporate.
Yeah I even thought about doing my trip in reverse and tried the code at YVR. No deal. I'm going to have to get a hold of someone to see what I'm doing wrong.
Old Oct 7, 2008, 7:43 am

I got denied using the Hertz friends and family code a few months back but I've been pretty lucky using this one (not sure what it's from - found it on retail me not)

Hertz CDP: 1261109

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.