Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hertz Gold Cancellation Penalty, Why?

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2024, 10:06 pm
Original Poster

Hertz Gold Cancellation Penalty, Why?

Does anyone know what Hertz' thinking is behind charging a penalty if you book with points, then cancel a day before pickup?

A non-member can book a car and cancel at anytime, or not even cancel it and be a no show. But a loyal Gold member who finally has enough points to book a free day or week gets penalized for needing to cancel?

I don't get it. I would think they'd be happy to have someone cancel if they booked with points because then they could rent that car to a revenue customer instead. But it's getting to be that there are no real "perks" to being a Gold member. Members report not being able to log in to the site (me), "no cars available" when we show up at the counter with a reservation booked two weeks ago, dirty cars, no cars anywhere near the class booked, cars with 1/4 tank of gas.....the hits just keep on coming. And then they take you points away!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.