Wiki Posts
Search

UK PC Member - Tesla Rental

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2022, 4:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, BA, Hertz
UK PC Member - Tesla Rental

Trying to book a Tesla for a vacation in Orlando next month, when I am logged in with my UK PC account, but none come up when the available vehicles are shown.

But Teslas are available when doing a quote for same dates without being logged in. Selecting the car at that point, there's no option to log in during the booking process, but I can proceed as a guest.

Do Hertz choose what cars are available to certain countries when booking overseas?
Old Oct 13, 2022, 6:48 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Yea, it can make a difference. Are you looking to book an insurance-inclusive rental or do you not need insurance?
Old Oct 14, 2022, 2:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, BA, Hertz
Originally Posted by AutoSlash
Yea, it can make a difference. Are you looking to book an insurance-inclusive rental or do you not need insurance?
I'll need insurance
Old Oct 14, 2022, 4:50 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

If that's the case, and Teslas are not available for an insurance-inclusive rental, you may not have much choice other than to book one via the US site and add on insurance at the rental counter. You could try to negotiate an upgrade to one at the rental counter, but there's no guarantee one will be available when you arrive.
Auto Enthusiast and Ordpc like this.
Old Oct 22, 2022, 4:44 am

Programs: Amex Cent and all that comes with it
I was having EXACTLY the same problem, though I'm after a different category vehicle.

If I log in (I'm PC / gold circle / UK based) and try to reserve a vehicle in the US, I get (and this has been ongoing since March 2022) a paltry selection of low end sedans - four models and expensive for what they are. If I do not login, the normal selection of vehicles I would expect from this major location are available at 'normal' prices.

My solution - without logging in, search for vehicle. Select the preferred vehicle. On the next screen (the customer details entry page) wait for the chat option to appear. Engaging with the agent, they are able to proceed with the booking, using my PC details. My 20% PC discount successfully applied.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2022, 9:09 am

Assuming youre on the desktop website. When you do a search and get just a small selection, click on the Hertz logo to go back to the homepage. Then repeat the search and this time more cars will show up.
mradey and Auto Enthusiast like this.
Old Oct 23, 2022, 1:22 am

Programs: Amex Cent and all that comes with it
Thanks great. I just checked this and it worked a charm!
straat likes this.

Last edited by mradey; Oct 23, 2022 at 4:37 am Reason: Typo.
Old Oct 23, 2022, 2:12 pm

Double make sure to contact the local to see if theyll have that particular Tesla model available to rent too, when I booked mine, I called the location to make sure they have the model I wanted (Y) and they said yes, then the day of the reservation they called me something came up and it wasnt available to rent out
Auto Enthusiast likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.