Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Hertz/United] Hertz Not Honoring Complimentary President's Circle

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2021, 1:00 pm
Original Poster

Hey there, I did some searching and couldn't really find anything on this. Posting in the United section because there isn't a Hertz section as far as I can tell.

Basically, I am having issues with Hertz not honoring the complimentary President's Circle status after achieving United Premier Platinum/1K. I earned 1K status with United last year (2020) and I am enjoying it this year. Back in January, I signed up here: hertzstatus.mileageplus (can't post links) and was given President's Circle status... all for about 3 months. I checked in the Hertz app and I had been downgraded to 5 Star. I've called Hertz multiple times and keep being told that it was a status match challenge and that I didn't meet the requirements. Nowhere in the FAQ does it state that this is a status match challenge. It clearly spells out that this is a complimentary given status. I've been given the runaround and basically told to pound sand.

This makes no sense why this happened. I have a fellow work colleague who is also 1K with United and did the complimentary President's Circle with Hertz. He has had maybe three rentals this year and about as many last year. No downgrade for him. Meanwhile, I had eight last year and currently have eight this year, not that that matters because it isn't a status match challenge. Painfully obvious why these guys are fighting through bankruptcy.

Thanks
Old Jun 4, 2021, 1:06 pm

Programs: I want to be free! Free!
Originally Posted by Jeffinslaw
Hey there, I did some searching and couldn't really find anything on this. Posting in the United section because there isn't a Hertz section as far as I can tell.

Basically, I am having issues with Hertz not honoring the complimentary President's Circle status after achieving United Premier Platinum/1K. I earned 1K status with United last year (2020) and I am enjoying it this year. Back in January, I signed up here: hertzstatus.mileageplus (can't post links) and was given President's Circle status... all for about 3 months. I checked in the Hertz app and I had been downgraded to 5 Star. I've called Hertz multiple times and keep being told that it was a status match challenge and that I didn't meet the requirements. Nowhere in the FAQ does it state that this is a status match challenge. It clearly spells out that this is a complimentary given status. I've been given the runaround and basically told to pound sand.

This makes no sense why this happened. I have a fellow work colleague who is also 1K with United and did the complimentary President's Circle with Hertz. He has had maybe three rentals this year and about as many last year. No downgrade for him. Meanwhile, I had eight last year and currently have eight this year, not that that matters because it isn't a status match challenge. Painfully obvious why these guys are fighting through bankruptcy.

Thanks
Hertz is a complete mess with the Chapter 11 restructuring and the business being completely ill-equiped to meet current demand having sold off so much of the fleet during the pandemic without a viable option to restock given the current supply constraints for autos. I showed up at a location last month at midnight, no name on the board, 30-plus deep line, and a 1-hour wait for anything once you got to the front of the line. Zero response from President's Circle when I complained (literally no response all).

The website is also completely broken for using points for reservations. I would not be optimistic that they are going to get this kind of thing fixed any time soon, nor is there much benefit to president's circle when reservations aren't reliably honored / pre-assigned.
Auto Enthusiast, jizen and mdbe like this.
Old Jun 4, 2021, 1:34 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Moved to Hertz forum

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator
Old Jun 4, 2021, 1:47 pm

Have you tried twitter? Send the link/T&C + FAQ from that hertzstatus.mileageplus website to Hertz via twitter (can't post link but the general one) and ask them to re-verify the information.

I had 30+ rentals last year but my status was downgraded to gold for no reason last month. It took me 2 calls and several tweets to solve the issue. Clearly Hertz CS agents were told by management to trust their "super reliable" system and ignore what customers said or sent.
Old Jun 4, 2021, 2:50 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
I had a similar issue recently. Have a few upcoming reservations made in April where my Presidents circle status was reflected. I checked back two weeks ago and again last week and my status was gone and I was just a basic Gold membership status.

I was going to call them up to ask what was going on as I had checked the terms of the program and apparently as long as you retain status with United the status applies with Hertz.

On seeing your message I checked again and the status has been restored. Perhaps there is some system glitch going on as I never called but everything looks fixed now.
Old Jun 4, 2021, 3:41 pm

Programs: UA
I have UA PresPlus credit card which includes Presidents Circle for Hertz. As of yesterday my complimentary status appeared on Hertz website. Now says I am just a general member.
Old Jun 5, 2021, 6:56 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Hi,

I had a temporary problem too a couple of days ago. App "lost" the status, but when I log in using the browser I was Presidents Circle. Closing and restarting the app didn't work - but after deleting and reinstalling it it now states Presidents Circle.
Now if I could only get rentalcars.com or hertz to add my info to a (rentalcars.com) booking they both state that they can't do it the other party has to
FreqFlyerCLE likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2021, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by blitzen
Hi,

I had a temporary problem too a couple of days ago. App "lost" the status, but when I log in using the browser I was Presidents Circle. Closing and restarting the app didn't work - but after deleting and reinstalling it it now states Presidents Circle.
Now if I could only get rentalcars.com or hertz to add my info to a (rentalcars.com) booking they both state that they can't do it the other party has to
pardon the off-topic, but why would " booking a Hertz contract on rentalcars.com " be preferrable to simply "booking at hertz.com" ?
Old Jun 5, 2021, 9:24 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Originally Posted by SinglePapa2
pardon the off-topic, but why would " booking a Hertz contract on rentalcars.com " be preferrable to simply "booking at hertz.com" ?
Because through rentalcars.com the charge is around $100 cheaper vs direct (with CDP etc.) at Hertz
Old Jun 5, 2021, 9:51 am

Because through rentalcars.com the charge is around $100 cheaper vs direct (with CDP etc.) at Hertz
hmm, I had similar on my Priceline rental (which was showing Hertz location in advance). Priceline, however, does allow your Hertz Loyalty #. So upon completion of my Priceline rental, points showed up in my Hertz profile (btw, I couldn't figure out how to do that on Hotwire)
Auto Enthusiast and blitzen like this.
Old Jun 5, 2021, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by SinglePapa2
hmm, I had similar on my Priceline rental (which was showing Hertz location in advance). Priceline, however, does allow your Hertz Loyalty #. So upon completion of my Priceline rental, points showed up in my Hertz profile (btw, I couldn't figure out how to do that on Hotwire)
Just added the Hertz info to my Priceline account (surprised I had one) and reserved the car. 1/2 later the reservation is not shown in my Hertz account - hopefully this will change, but the rental itself was done by Priceline through rentalcars.com so lets see
Old Jun 5, 2021, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Just added the Hertz info to my Priceline account (surprised I had one) and reserved the car. 1/2 later the reservation is not shown in my Hertz account - hopefully this will change, but the rental itself was done by Priceline through rentalcars.com so lets see
Historically (BC) bookings made through Priceline (via autoslash) have for me always accepted the Hertz membership number and the reservation was more or less immediately reflected in my Hertz account. Obviously, given the terrible shape that Hertz.com is now in, I wouldn’t be surprised if that was broken.

Can you see your Hertz reservation number? Perhaps https://www.hertz.com/reservations/lookup let’s you query the reservation with that number?

As for status, depending on the page I am on or the mood that hertz.com is in, my status shows up as Gold or PC.
Old Jun 5, 2021, 1:29 pm

Programs: UA
Hi,

That did the trick! Thanks
Old Jun 5, 2021, 1:32 pm

Apparently I also have no status now, at least on the app (supposed to be PC). And there are phantom reservations in the app, which cannot be canceled, and a random list of other reservations on the website. No way to know which ones are real, or would be honored.

I was really pulling for hertz to get through this but you have to know that any bookings you make with Hertz are aspirational, at best. There may be no cars when you arrive, there may be no reservation, there may be no employees, and there may be location.
Old Jun 5, 2021, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Historically (BC) bookings made through Priceline (via autoslash) have for me always accepted the Hertz membership number and the reservation was more or less immediately reflected in my Hertz account. Obviously, given the terrible shape that Hertz.com is now in, I wouldn’t be surprised if that was broken.

Can you see your Hertz reservation number? Perhaps https://www.hertz.com/reservations/lookup let’s you query the reservation with that number?

As for status, depending on the page I am on or the mood that hertz.com is in, my status shows up as Gold or PC.
with a lot of back and forth I found the Hertz reference and was able to add it to my Hertz account

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.