Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hertz is a Despicable Company

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2021, 4:46 am

Programs: 1K - UAL, Platinum DL, Marriott, Hilton, SPG
Originally Posted by smith80678
​​​​​​Im not sure what you are talking about. This is an upstanding company. They have OJ Simpson as a spokesman..
1978 OJ isn't the same as the guy in the Bronco. Even POTUS 45 wasn't the same level of ahole in 1978 as he was on Jan 6th.

Hertz policy clearly indicates the rules & penalties when booking. And should there be exception for Covid-19? YES! No one would disagree but Hertz, Dollar, Thrifty have no flexibility since 1H2020. I would suggest avoid booking with them, but your threat of infection is not humorous nor witty as not only would you infect employees simply trying to make living wage for themselves and their families but other passengers/renters - it is a narcissistic thinking but directed at the wrong person as the CSR discussing with you isn't the policy maker nor gains anything personally.
Old Feb 19, 2021, 4:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by azepine00
Irrational frustrated behavior notwithstanding hertz is alone at the top of anti-customer behavior.. pretty sure all airlines, hotels etc waive cancellation penalties during covid..
No they dont. They may offer holding value in credit, but unless a flight is cancelled, not aware of airlines that are making all fares fully refundable
Old Feb 19, 2021, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Finkface
Lovely. And Hertz is the despicable one in this story?
You made my day.

CSR on the phone is likely to be in Manila, not local office, anyway.
Old Feb 19, 2021, 8:42 am

Some posts just age terribly. This one takes the cake for this week.
Old Feb 19, 2021, 9:27 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
I'm going to go ahead and close this thread as it already is going off-topic.

For the OP, Hertz did change their refund policy on pts a bit ago:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hert...es-thread.html

If a reservation which was booked with points is cancelled within 24 hours of booking, all points will be returned to the members account. If a reservation which was booked using points is cancelled more than 24 hours before the pickup time the following points will be forfeited: If a Gold member, 50% of the points used toward the booking will be forfeited; If a Five Star member, 25% of the points used toward the booking will be forfeited; If a President’s Circle member, all points will be returned to the members account.

https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/misc/...e=GPR_FAQs.jsp
Under redeeming points.
Old Feb 19, 2021, 9:28 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
It would be good if OP came back and gave us an update.
Old Feb 19, 2021, 9:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA- EXP UA - Silver SPG- PLT Marriott- PLT
Update on Hertz Cancellation

As an update, it took 3 more phone calls to actually get the reservation cancelled (there apparently was in issue with the return location being closed during the return time), and I did get all of the points back. For the record, I do not have coronavirus (and am vaccinated). Kind of funny to think that people think the police were going to show up at my house. Pretty sure they have better things to do.
Moderator, please close this thread to further comments.

Last edited by chicagoflyer1976; Feb 19, 2021 at 10:20 am
Old Feb 19, 2021, 10:25 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
It was a fairly stupid threat though.
TerryK, Dave Noble and CodeAdam10 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.