Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hertz-Hendrick Camaros

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2019, 10:30 am
Original Poster

Hertz-Hendrick Camaros

Originally these were supposed to start Oct 18, now I saw a recent news article w/pics at the Hendrick plant saying November, now it's late November and I have yet to be able to find a customer review/Youtube video/etc. on the internet.

So, are these real? Anyone actually seen one, or better yet, gotten to rent one?

I have a reservation coming up in December and am half expecting them to tell me sorry we didn't get them due to delays due to Chevy UAW strike and here's a Challenger RT instead.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 1:18 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
I saw one yesterday in Vegas sitting outside the Gold office. it was there more for show than for rental it seemed; did not appear to have been rented (or just was still in great shape).
Old Nov 22, 2019, 8:32 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Allegedly available in November at these airports: Charlotte, NC; Nashville; Houston; Dallas; Orlando, FL; Las Vegas; Ft. Lauderdale, FL; Phoenix; Los Angeles; Ft. Myers, FL; San Diego; Miami; San Francisco; Tampa and West Palm Beach, FL.
Attached Images  
Old Nov 22, 2019, 10:41 pm

Programs: frontier Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by noah
I saw one yesterday in Vegas sitting outside the Gold office. it was there more for show than for rental it seemed; did not appear to have been rented (or just was still in great shape).
Beat me to it. I've seen both cars in the Hertz Vegas lot several times. The Z06 from last year is around more often.
Old Dec 18, 2019, 8:18 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, Hertz PC, Hyatt Colleague, Avis Preferred/Budget FB, National Exeuctive
Hertz Hendrick Camaro

Anyone have any experience renting one of these beauties? They just arrived here in Tampa and I counted four on the lot. They are scattered amongst upgrade and assigned spots all with hood propped open. The one pictured had the infamous "Be the first to rent this NEW car!" placarded on the dash.

mdbe and jim32190 like this.
Old Dec 19, 2019, 4:02 am

I can't imagine why anyone would pay to drive these around the highways in Tampa. I'd much rather have one in the countryside.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Dec 19, 2019 at 5:05 am Reason: removed quote to shorten thread
Old Dec 19, 2019, 10:43 pm
Original Poster

Yes I was able to get one here in Cali, and I loved every minute of it. The poor weather we've been having didn't help, but the car is amazing.

Old Dec 20, 2019, 8:06 am

I'm curious about this.....Long shot that anyone checked this, but is there any kind of "use" tracking device plugged into the ECU. Maybe similar to the ones insurance companies use to give lower rates for safe driving. If I'm paying up for one of these I want to see its capabilities. I do a rally every year and would love to take one of these but when I combed through the terms and conditions rally is specifically called out as a violation so the liability isn't worth it to me for that but I would still like to push one of these.
Old Dec 20, 2019, 7:39 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, Hertz PC, Hyatt Colleague, Avis Preferred/Budget FB, National Exeuctive
Originally Posted by m907
I can't imagine why anyone would pay to drive these around the highways in Tampa. I'd much rather have one in the countryside.
There are a few really great sections of highway here to open this up on, although I'm sure big brother is constantly watching
Old Dec 21, 2019, 4:36 am

Programs: Amex Cent and all that comes with it
Originally Posted by glostix
Originally these were supposed to start Oct 18, now I saw a recent news article w/pics at the Hendrick plant saying November, now it's late November and I have yet to be able to find a customer review/Youtube video/etc. on the internet.

So, are these real? Anyone actually seen one, or better yet, gotten to rent one?

I have a reservation coming up in December and am half expecting them to tell me sorry we didn't get them due to delays due to Chevy UAW strike and here's a Challenger RT instead.
Had one for 12 days, from the 29th November. Yee haw!!!! (From LAX, there were five or six dotted around the lot). Was offered it as an upgrade from my 'muscle car'. How could I say no?

It was extreme fun. Took it over to Vegas for a few days.

Couldn't fit my bag in the boot (trunk), just managed to squeeze it past from the front seat into the rear passenger area.

Probably the highest performance rental car I've driven. It had 33 miles on the odo, so I was wary of too much fun as the tyre wear and tear would all be mine. I did leave some black marks here and there though :-) Extremely fast and the engine noise is a joy, especially the backfire.

Note there is a comprehensive check list to be completed at rental, covering all the Hendrick details. Needs to be signed off at drop off.

Last edited by mradey; Dec 21, 2019 at 4:44 am Reason: Added some thoughts on the car.
Old Dec 21, 2019, 5:10 am

Programs: Amex Cent and all that comes with it

maarten22, m907, jim32190 and 3 others like this.
Old May 13, 2020, 11:51 pm
Original Poster

What a brief run, (some of) these are being sold!

I see that Hertz is selling 2 in San Francisco and 1 in LA. I thought these being their namesake special edition, and already pre-customised, that they would be spared from the great sell-off, but it appears not.

Someone with inside knowledge please chime in with what's going on?

EDIT: here are the listings, they are charging WAY over market value for used and abused American "fun"toy cars.

https://www.hertzcarsales.com/rent2b...7b15d2faee.htm
https://www.hertzcarsales.com/rent2b...1f2176c9da.htm
https://www.hertzcarsales.com/rent2b...1fd21d8ba9.htm
Old May 14, 2020, 9:46 am

Location: STL, MO-US and A , SWA A-List, Marriott LTTE, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by glostix
What a brief run, (some of) these are being sold!

I see that Hertz is selling 2 in San Francisco and 1 in LA. I thought these being their namesake special edition, and already pre-customised, that they would be spared from the great sell-off, but it appears not.

Someone with inside knowledge please chime in with what's going on?

EDIT: here are the listings, they are charging WAY over market value for used and abused American "fun"toy cars.

https://www.hertzcarsales.com/rent2b...7b15d2faee.htm
https://www.hertzcarsales.com/rent2b...1f2176c9da.htm
https://www.hertzcarsales.com/rent2b...1fd21d8ba9.htm
Sure these are the Hendrick camaros? Pic just shows regular SS Camaro. Regardless, they are asking $10K more than they’re worth.
Old May 14, 2020, 12:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ALARISstl
Sure these are the Hendrick camaros? Pic just shows regular SS Camaro. Regardless, they are asking $10K more than they’re worth.
You're right, that's how I figured out they are the Hendrick ones. Also confirmed when one of the listed VINs matches a Hendrick Camaro SS I rented in late 2019. I also had another Hendrick rental but didn't track that VIN.

They're also listing a few regular 2020 Camaro SS's for sale, but those are priced $15K lower than these, which I think further confirms it.
Old May 14, 2020, 4:57 pm
Original Poster

Overnight a lot more added... 26 of them listed for sale on the West Coast alone:
https://www.hertzcarsales.com/used-c...iorColor=Black

I believe each airport that got them received 12. SFO is selling 7 (perhaps they have some still on reservation w/customers), LAX seems to be selling all 12 of 12. It seems these may actually be going going gone... I actually have an upcoming reservation and am a little concerned.

This is also not a good sign for the future of Hertz as a company. They use the Hendrick Camaros as the cover of their corporate performance update slideshows for their investors, and they're dumping them now.

Last edited by glostix; May 14, 2020 at 5:09 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.