Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hertz-Hendrick Camaros

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2022, 9:25 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador - Delta Diamond - United Silver - Frontier 100k - Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by mradey
The two I've rented recently were mid 20K mileage and condition wise they were fine. There was a replacement, non HH front spoiler, on the first one which I didn't notice but a fellow flyertalker did :-)
The one I had in vegas wasn't that bad, 20kish miles. The Florida ones are toast though. High mileage and just damaged/dinged all over.
Auto Enthusiast, mradey and Ordpc like this.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 2:52 am

Programs: Gold 5*
I got it!!
Short story:
Got to hertz, my car was in the stall waiting for me... Ok, for a car with 22k miles, it looked a little beaten up
Drove out of the rental centre, and naturally, the first thing i do is floor it!
Zero traction, the backend just fishtails..... hmmmmmmmmmmm, it should'nt do that....
We drive up the strip, and on way back, hit the i-15 , driving at 70mph gives me an uncertain feeling, dropped down to 40mph, then gunned it, got fishtail feeling...... thats not good (its like 6pm Sunday, only 1hr after i got the car)...
As was staying in the Delano, before pulling into the hotel, i stopped to check the tyres on the car.
OMG, and I mean, OMG! the 2 fronts were bald on the edges, below min tread on the centres, the rears were below the min too (almost smooth!!!!!), and worst of all, the Tyres! OMG , Budget tyres on all 4 corners!!

Went straight back to Hertz, there was another Hendricks in the upgrade isle, so i took that one.... Less beaten up, had 37k miles, had 4 great tyres, and real rubber (Pirelli)
I drive out, i gun it, i got traction, no fishtail...... Perfect, just how it should be!

I was unable to book it through the Hertz UK website (includes All coverage), so booked via hertz US website, for 1 day rental cost me: £113 ($137 at the time), then an additional $50 for LIS / CDW full). Lot of money, but worth it!
Did the Fire, Lake Mead route, loved every min of it!

Awesome!
*If your wondering why the photo was taken at Lux when we were staying in Delano, its because I treated us to a slap up meal... ie: Little Ceasars pizza on the bonnet, with a nice view!!!
Old Jul 8, 2022, 2:58 am

Few more pics

Little Ceasars, i do like there pizza's!!!!!!

Old Jul 8, 2022, 10:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by StuartUK
Zero traction, the backend just fishtails..... hmmmmmmmmmmm, it should'nt do that....
We drive up the strip, and on way back, hit the i-15 , driving at 70mph gives me an uncertain feeling, dropped down to 40mph, then gunned it, got fishtail feeling...... thats not good (its like 6pm Sunday, only 1hr after i got the car)...
As was staying in the Delano, before pulling into the hotel, i stopped to check the tyres on the car.
OMG, and I mean, OMG! the 2 fronts were bald on the edges, below min tread on the centres, the rears were below the min too (almost smooth!!!!!), and worst of all, the Tyres! OMG , Budget tyres on all 4 corners!!

Went straight back to Hertz, there was another Hendricks in the upgrade isle, so i took that one.... Less beaten up, had 37k miles, had 4 great tyres, and real rubber (Pirelli)
I drive out, i gun it, i got traction, no fishtail...... Perfect, just how it should be!
Glad you ultimately got a good one to enjoy. But scary to see that Hertz is using budget tires (and not checking them) even on their flagship rentals. I made another thread on this recently, and it was also a car out of LAS, with an eerily similar experience--the car would fishtail just accelerating on the freeway, trying to pass someone to merge, etc. Downright dangerous honestly
Old Aug 2, 2022, 6:46 am

Programs: Amex Cent and all that comes with it
HH photos

Originally Posted by mradey
Great news - there were two Hendricks waiting in the lot when I arrived at the LAX facility at the end of March. Photos to follow.
As promised.... some photos.

This was the glorious sight which met us at the LAX PC area

PC zone at LAX

On our travels

Parking lot at our hotel. Engine sounds even better (if that's possible) in the enclosed structure :-)

Gassing up, enroute to....

... a few days staying in a cabin in the San Jacinto mountains

The cabin (film camera, Kodak Tri-X)

Quick stop in the Mojave, taking the back roads to Vegas.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 1:48 pm

fair play to Hertz with the special V8's , they do make em look good!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.