Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hertz-Hendrick Camaros

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2022, 7:29 pm

Happy outcome

Originally Posted by Nick62
Thanks for the reply. I have to pop into a Hertz anyway to add an additional driver so will see what they say.

The Merc isn't bad, but a 4-cylinder 2.0 L turbo charged AWD isn't really special. That's almost all new European cars.
Went to Hertz at SFO today. Saw two HH Camaro s parked up. Asked if they would swap for the correct car. Said yep that's fine and couldn't have been more helpful.

Very happy now.
Old Feb 8, 2022, 12:03 am

Programs: Amex Cent and all that comes with it
Very good news indeed!

Enjoy..
Ordpc likes this.

Last edited by mradey; Feb 8, 2022 at 12:04 am Reason: Missed the most recent post
Old Feb 8, 2022, 8:33 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Originally Posted by Nick62
Thanks for the reply. I have to pop into a Hertz anyway to add an additional driver so will see what they say.

The Merc isn't bad, but a 4-cylinder 2.0 L turbo charged AWD isn't really special. That's almost all new European cars.
This is what is in my daily driver. While it's a fun car, I would have been very disappointed if I had booked a Camaro. Glad they got you taken care of in SFO!
strickerj, Ordpc and Nick62 like this.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 10:19 am

Programs: Gold 5*
Good to see!
I hit up LAS in May & June, still unable to book any V8 with Hertz at the mo which is a pain as i want the Camero for a day booked under UK (£) rates.....
More pic's wont go a miss though !
mradey likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 6:46 am

Smile Couple more pictures

Did just over 900 miles in it and got 24.5 mpg (US gallons) or 29 mpg (UK) which was bloody amazing. Car shuts off 4 cylinders when doing highway driving to save fuel.

Honestly made me smile the whole time driving it.

Car at Joshua Tree

Only slightly worried my bag wouldn't fit in the boot opening. Boot was big enough for about 3 of my bag if you could get them through the opening.

Car in SFO. Was parked up looking like it was for upgrades. You can see another in the background missing the front plate.

mradey, StuartUK, jizen and 4 others like this.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 7:51 am

You beaut :-)

Roll on April......
Old Feb 21, 2022, 6:36 am

I had a confirmed prepaid reservation for a Hendrick in FLL last Thursday. They didn't have any on site and said they were fully sold out for the boat show over the weekend. They were able to get me into a Mercedes-Benz SLC-300 convertible instead. It was still a fun car.
Auto Enthusiast and strickerj like this.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 4:03 am

I don't understand how they can get away with "Model guaranteed" and then not have the car - it seems completely dishonest.

I once prepaid for a "jeep compass or similar" with Dollar at San Francisco Downtown, they didn't have any and gave me an SLC instead. I was happy in that instance but if I was hoping for a Camaro I would have been pretty pissed off.

Further to my HH rental story I also got stung with a $45 extra rental fee because I had picked up the car 1 hour earlier from LAX so my rental period ended 1 hour before I dropped it off. Complained to Hertz and they have refunded it.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 2:23 am

Good to see at least 2 HH Camaros at LAS in this video by turbov6:

LAS walk round

Looks like Hertz have several in the fleet still as they are different number plates to those above.
mradey and StuartUK like this.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 1:49 am

I've another "guaranteed" HH in just over a month, from LAX. I will, of course, report back. I'll do a better job of posting photos too :-)
Old Apr 26, 2022, 10:38 am

Great news - there were two Hendricks waiting in the lot when I arrived at the LAX facility at the end of March. Photos to follow.
Auto Enthusiast and StuartUK like this.
Old May 17, 2022, 2:02 pm

Programs: Gold 5*
photos ?
I have booked the Hendricks camero for end of june for 1 day at LAS (vegas)
Wouldnt let me book via UK website, but did via US website, not cheap either ($137 without adding LDW & LIS)
Fingers crossed Hertz dont mess up and dont have it for me, planning on doing some miles to enjoy the car for the day !
Old May 17, 2022, 2:42 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
These things have got to be insanely high mileage/dogged out at this point no?
Old Jul 5, 2022, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by StuartUK
photos ?
I have booked the Hendricks camero for end of june for 1 day at LAS (vegas)
Wouldnt let me book via UK website, but did via US website, not cheap either ($137 without adding LDW & LIS)
Fingers crossed Hertz dont mess up and dont have it for me, planning on doing some miles to enjoy the car for the day !
How did you get on with the Hendrick?
Ordpc likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by wakesetter93
These things have got to be insanely high mileage/dogged out at this point no?
The two I've rented recently were mid 20K mileage and condition wise they were fine. There was a replacement, non HH front spoiler, on the first one which I didn't notice but a fellow flyertalker did :-)
Ordpc likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.