Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

2019 Changes to Hertz Gold Plus Rewards Program

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 28, 2018, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Link to webpage explaining the changes: https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/misc/index.jsp?targetPage=loyalty_changes.jsp
Print Wikipost

2019 Changes to Hertz Gold Plus Rewards Program

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2019, 3:29 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, Hertz PC, IHG Gold
Guaranteeing President Circle’s members their requested vehicle is available with at least 24-hour notice at our airport locations. Previously, we required at least 48-hour notice.
What exactly does this mean? I'm assuming it doesn't imply I can request certain makes/models with 24 hour notice?
Old May 10, 2019, 12:14 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by B302LS
What exactly does this mean? I'm assuming it doesn't imply I can request certain makes/models with 24 hour notice?
No. It means that even if the location is sold out you can still book a vehicle for anything up to a full-size. Just login to your account and the location will go from sold-out to available.

A few years ago it was 4 hours notice, then they bumped it up to 48 hours which made it far less useful. 24 is at least somewhat better than 48 hours...

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
Has anyone had any experience with the new Hertz Valet service? I just completed my 15th rental for this year and wouldn't mind getting a drive back for my next rental. I'm curious to know if the benefit is somehow automatically offered or if you have to request it. Thanks.
Valet isn't a benefit of PC as such - it's a "4 times a year" thing if you have PC status. If your thinking is that because you're going to get PC status on your 16th rental, I would not presume that'll automatically give you a free drive-back, and in fact I'd be surprised if it did.
B302LS likes this.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; May 10, 2019 at 3:42 am Reason: consecutive posts merged
Old May 10, 2019, 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
Has anyone had any experience with the new Hertz Valet service? I just completed my 15th rental for this year and wouldn't mind getting a drive back for my next rental. I'm curious to know if the benefit is somehow automatically offered or if you have to request it. Thanks.
I've never taken them up on it (5* so I still have to pay) but I usually receive an e-mail about 12 hours prior to my scheduled return asking if I'm interested. There's a click-to-purchase button in the email. I'm assuming you'd receive the same e-mail, but would have it comped.
FlyinHawaiian likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.