Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Complimentary Hertz Valet Service for President's Circle (15/20/30 Rentals)

Hide Wikipost
Old Aug 5, 19, 3:16 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Wiki Link
Starting in 2019, Hertz will offer complimentary Hertz Valet (airport terminal drive-back) service to President’s Circle® members after 15th, 20th and 40th rentals at select airport locations.

https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/misc/...ty_changes.jsp
Print Wikipost

Old May 8, 19, 4:39 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums
Original Poster

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz

Has anyone had any experience with the new Hertz Valet service? I just completed my 15th rental for this year and wouldn't mind getting a drive back for my next rental. I'm curious to know if the benefit is somehow automatically offered or if you have to request it. Thanks.
Old May 10, 19, 12:14 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, TK Elite, DL Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis First
Valet isn't a benefit of PC as such - it's a "4 times a year" thing if you have PC status. If your thinking is that because you're going to get PC status on your 16th rental, I would not presume that'll automatically give you a free drive-back, and in fact I'd be surprised if it did.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Aug 5, 19 at 11:05 am
Old Jul 5, 19, 6:08 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Would be very interested in the valet perk as I usually am always in big airports (ord, lax, nyc) so this has quite a bit of value. The one limitation could be you never see what is in the ultimate choice section if you want to change out your reserved car.

The platinum tier is held by no one I know but would be willing to purchase this tier if available and not obscenely priced.
Old Aug 5, 19, 11:12 am
Original Poster

Just completed my 24th rental for the year at LAX and asked for the complimentary valet service perk for the first time to get a ride back to the Hyatt LAX. The agent wasn't aware of the perk or how to code it; she agreed to comp it. I would have let her charge me for it and take it up with Hertz after the fact, if I needed. I hope others have better experiences!
Old Aug 5, 19, 12:21 pm

After my 15th rental, I started getting "You’ve earned a free terminal drop-off" emails the day of my scheduled return with a link to "Reserve Now".

After clicking the link, I got a confirmation email:
Thank you for selecting Hertz Valet - our terminal drive-back service. Here's how it works:
- Pull up to the front of any open return lane when you arrive
- Show this e-mail to a Hertz representative to verify and secure your ride

(Can't speak to how they actually handle it, I didn't end up using it on that rental)
FlyinHawaiian, jason8612 and mdbe like this.
Old Oct 15, 19, 8:13 am
Original Poster

I was finally able to use this service at SEA on my 32nd rental this year. The service and process is very much similar to Platinum Return; I entered the return lane and told the agent I was requesting Valet Service and showed a copy of my confirmation email. The main check was to confirm the date of the email and then another agent drove us back to the terminal in the car I had rented. The nice thing is you do not have to specify the exact time you are returning the car.
Joonydell likes this.

Search this Thread