Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

2019 Changes to Hertz Gold Plus Rewards Program

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 28, 2018, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Link to webpage explaining the changes: https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/misc/index.jsp?targetPage=loyalty_changes.jsp
Print Wikipost

2019 Changes to Hertz Gold Plus Rewards Program

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2018, 11:34 am

Programs: AS 1MM/MVPG, AS Lounge, DL SkyClub (Life), Hertz 5* -- AA, DL, UA
Originally Posted by Joonydell
has anyone else not received this email?!
No sign of it at my end.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 1:26 am

Programs: A3*G, AS MVPG, UA, AA
Originally Posted by m907
The changes presumably take effect January 1st, so as long as you complete the 7th rental by December 31st you should qualify.
hm, i completed a rental on the 31st but have not seen any indication of an upgraded status. it's basically impossible to see on their site, which still puts you on an "old" or "new" version of it depending on which link you click, but the mobile app just shows me as "Gold".

how many days should it take?
Old Jan 3, 2019, 2:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Are these changes global or are these specific to US memberships?
Old Jan 3, 2019, 6:24 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by Zelucifer
I'm wondering how literally they'll implement this.
  • Offering you the chance to upgrade to any available car on the lot after your 30th and 40th rentals.
Good question. As written, it doesn't provide any value at all, since you already have the chance to upgrade to any car on the lot. You can't do it for free, though.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 9:35 am

Programs: too many
haven't seen anything for UK customers
Joonydell likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by cestmoi123
Good question. As written, it doesn't provide any value at all, since you already have the chance to upgrade to any car on the lot. You can't do it for free, though.
My guess is there will be an asterisk and it will exclude Prestige and Adrenaline cars.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 11:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Joonydell
has anyone else not received this email?!
No, but other than booking confirmations/receipts/etc I don't recall the last email I did get from Hertz...

Originally Posted by bergamini
I just got the email. I'm intrigued about the valet service after 15th, 20th and 40th rentals for President's Circle. What if they are better served at the 22nd rental? Details seems sparse. Same for the CLEAR.
  • Providing Hertz Valet, our airport terminal drive-back service, for President’s Circle® members after 15th, 20th and 40th rentals at select airport locations.
I'm guessing (hoping?) the "after" 15th (etc) rental part doesn't literally mean at the end of your 15th rental, but instead means sometime after your 15th rental (eg, on your choice of a later rental).

One of the other new benefits is "Offering you the chance to upgrade to any available car on the lot after your 30th and 40th rentals" - obviously upgrading when you're returning the car doesn't make sense, so this potentially backs up the idea that it's on a future rental after your XXth rental.

You can find more details about the CLEAR stuff here - Hertz Fast Lane powered by CLEAR (TM)

All up this seems positive - more points (for what use they are...), and with 49 rentals last year I would have got 2 "any car" upgrades and 3 "drivebacks" which is better than nothing. Dropping the guaranteed availability back to 24 hours (which if I'm not mistaken is what it was until they changed it up to 48 hours a year or two back, right?) is also nice.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 3:40 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
I received an email yesterday, but as PC I can't quite figure out what changed. 4 months free CLEAR, and more points?
Old Jan 12, 2019, 5:42 am

Programs: AY Gold (OWS), Hertz PC, Sixt Plat, Hilton Gold
I´m about 110 points short of a week rental´s points redemption threshold, so a question about the new auction site; how can I buy points and what is the cost? What is the batch in which the points can purchaded (eg. 100 points?).
Old Jan 12, 2019, 10:56 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Karjaluokka
I´m about 110 points short of a week rental´s points redemption threshold, so a question about the new auction site; how can I buy points and what is the cost? What is the batch in which the points can purchaded (eg. 100 points?).
I think you've got the auction site backwards - I'd be pretty sure it's a place to buy things with your points, not to buy points themselves.

However you can purchase points - just login and go to My Account -> Rewards Activity -> Purchase Points.

The T&C's listed on that page are :

Before you begin the process of purchasing Gold Plus Rewards Points please note the following:
  • You must have a minimum balance of 500 Rewards Points
  • Points may be purchased for $.20 USD per Reward Point
  • A maximum of 10,000 Reward Points may be purchased per calendar year
  • The minimum purchase is 50 Rewards Points
Old Jan 14, 2019, 7:48 am

Programs: Hertz Gold Plus Rewards
Originally Posted by docbert
I think you've got the auction site backwards - I'd be pretty sure it's a place to buy things with your points, not to buy points themselves.
However you can purchase points - just login and go to My Account -> Rewards Activity -> Purchase Points.
The T&C's listed on that page are :
Can anyone tell me why on earth can't I purchase points from a non-US Hertz website? I live in Italy and I am short of less than 100 points to get a free week of rental,
but no way, from the Italian version of the Hertz website there is no possibility to make a purchase of points! (I have already been in touch with Hertz and they confirmed me
there is no way to gain points other than with rentals ...)
Old Jan 14, 2019, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by dukefleed
Can anyone tell me why on earth can't I purchase points from a non-US Hertz website?
Have you tried using the US site? Login first, and then change your country to the US.

When I login (and get the US site) I get the option to purchase, but then if I change my country to Italy is disappears - so perhaps doing the opposite will make it appear?

As for why, I suspect only Hertz would know, but at least potentially it's due to some form of legal/tax implications that they have decided it's simply easier to ignore than to worry about in some/most countries.

Edit: OK, so I just went and looked at the "Purchase Points" page again, and realized that you can't actually purchase points from the website as such (not even the US website) - it simply gives you a page that you need to fill in (including credit card details) and FAX to them at a US number... How very high tech...
Old Jan 14, 2019, 9:54 am

Programs: Hertz Gold Plus Rewards
Oh well ... I will give it a look, maybe I can fax a US number, what I don't know is if I am actually allowed to in respect of Hertz regulations ...
Joonydell likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 11:47 am

Question about President Circle Benifits

Hi guys,

When I browse over my last year rentals, I found out a new T&C under my account membership information (Hertz CA Website). I am PC from Canada.
  • Includes all the benefits of Gold service plus skipping the counter and Hertz Valet terminal driveback service after your 20th and 40th rentals. What's more, you will be entitled to any car in the lot after your 30th and 40th rentals.
This might not be the new change to PC members but I just found it by surprise.
What does hertz mean by any car in the lot? Even though in Reserved Lot? This is so unclear/misleading/confused......
From my understanding, Hertz PC members can only pick up cars in PC/5*/Gold areas definitely not reserved lot

On Hertz US website, the T&C is different
  • Providing Hertz Valet, our airport terminal drive-back service, for President’s Circle® members after 15th, 20th and 40th rentals at select airport locations.
  • Offering you the chance to upgrade to any available car on the lot after your 30th and 40th rentals.
Many Thanks and Happy Lunar New Year.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 11:52 am

doesn't work like that, especially at YYZ.

did 30+ rentals last year and have recently quoted this (as early as Sunday night) and they told me it’s subject to availability and change.

Walked away with a Prius V instead of the A5 sportback I wanted to take.

Originally Posted by jizen
Hi guys,

When I browse over my last year rentals, I found out a new T&C under my account membership information (Hertz CA Website). I am PC from Canada.
  • Includes all the benefits of Gold service plus skipping the counter and Hertz Valet terminal driveback service after your 20th and 40th rentals. What's more, you will be entitled to any car in the lot after your 30th and 40th rentals.

This might not be the new change to PC members but I just found it by surprise.
What does hertz mean by any car in the lot? Even though in Reserved Lot? This is so unclear/misleading/confused......

On Hertz US website, the T&C is different

Many Thanks and Happy Lunar New Year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.