Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

President's Circle via World Elite Mastercard?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

President's Circle via World Elite Mastercard?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2017, 8:18 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by bigpoppa09
I took advantage of this my self as some one earlier in the thread mentioned i just emailed hertz with my info included pics of my World Elite Mastercard on Dec 10 on the 11 had email saying i was upgraded to PC and i checked and i was. Also forgot to add this was not a new hertz account.
When you say you emailed them a picture of your credit card, I am hoping not showing number etc. I would not recommend emailing credit card info.
Old Dec 16, 2017, 11:45 pm

Originally Posted by mcgahat
When you say you emailed them a picture of your credit card, I am hoping not showing number etc. I would not recommend emailing credit card info.
I didn't i blocked out the the number just showed it was a world elite MC.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 2:12 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Hmmm I wasn't aware of this. Do you get status as long as you have the world elite? My PC will run out this year but I've held a World Elite for over 6 years now.

Would be nice to have Hertz again for next year just in case !
Old Dec 18, 2017, 9:18 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz PC, GE + Pre✓, Amazon Super Special Prime
Updated my profile to have the WE MC CDP, WE MC was already the card on file. Did not instantly update.

Sent an email to CS to see if that would speed up the process. Will report back.

Edit: about 28 hours after updating profile and sending email, PC status was confirmed via email.
Now, will that get me any bonus goodies or upgrades on a week long ireland rental in January? Eh, doubt it but you never know.

Last edited by jtav559; Dec 19, 2017 at 3:24 pm Reason: new info
Old Dec 20, 2017, 10:41 am

Programs: Hertz PC, EC Executive, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Amex Platinum, Priority Pass
I have had success emailing hertzstatusmatch(at)hertz.com and requesting being upgraded to PC since I am a World Elite Master Card. I received an email a day later saying that my Hertz Gold profile has been upgraded to President's Circle status effective immediately and that they will send me a PC card via mail. Great timing as I am taking a trip to CLT tomorrow for the weekend.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 3:18 pm

Programs: UA Gold, AS MVP Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, SW CP, Hertz President's Circle
Hi Guys, I called Citi Prestige Customer Service about this. They referred me to MasterCard's World Elite customer service department. After the phone transfer from Citi to MasterCard, the MC people had zero clue what I was talking about and said Citi Prestige customers are handled directly by Citi, not by MC (despite the World Elite designation of the card). Long story short....I applied the CDP mentioned upthread, and booked a rental while my car was in the shop for a day earlier this month. Two weeks later....logged in to my account to find that Hertz has upgraded my elite status to President's Circle. I'm a happy camper. No idea how long the status will be good for or if I'll need to re-qual. Just wanted you all to know how I got it.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 9:08 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
Originally Posted by tmiw
Hmm, kinda makes me want to get a World Elite MC now. Is there a recent list of such cards somewhere? (For getting President's Circle I'm not sure I'd want to pay much of an AF, if any.) The most recent stuff I've found online is from a couple of years ago.
Barclay Card Arrival + is one card (pretty good sign-up bonuses and balance transfer offers).

Edit: Well, I requested PC by email and was asked to provide a SS of my CC statement and the CDP #. I provided and am waiting on the word.

Last edited by pharmawalk; Dec 30, 2017 at 1:50 pm
Old Jan 3, 2018, 9:06 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
Originally Posted by pharmawalk
am waiting on the word.
PC approved!
Old Jan 4, 2018, 6:03 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Got my PC welcome packet in the mail from Hertz last night. ^
Old Jan 4, 2018, 12:22 pm

1 day turnaround time for PC match via email using a Citi DoubleCash WEMC SS.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 8:13 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Well, mine took a couple emails and a phone call but it is now done. I've had the Barclay Aviator Red which is WE MC, so should have done this some time ago.

Also, Barclay seems to be easy on waiving the AF, which they just did for me as they do every year.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by rbAA
Well, mine took a couple emails and a phone call but it is now done. I've had the Barclay Aviator Red which is WE MC, so should have done this some time ago.

Also, Barclay seems to be easy on waiving the AF, which they just did for me as they do every year.
Sent in the request last week but so far not yet upgraded. Might need to email or call to followup on it later this week.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 8:48 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by ddlo1982
Sent in the request last week but so far not yet upgraded. Might need to email or call to followup on it later this week.
Took almost 30 days, though there was the holiday in there. My 12/8 post was when I saw it and submitted my MC and PC in my profile. Followed that with an email. Then a call before the 1st; told they had sent the request in but would do it again. PC as of this week. So, be patient.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by rbAA
Took almost 30 days, though there was the holiday in there. My 12/8 post was when I saw it and submitted my MC and PC in my profile. Followed that with an email. Then a call before the 1st; told they had sent the request in but would do it again. PC as of this week. So, be patient.
Ah~ , thanks for the update. I guess i will wait till later this month.

thanks again.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 10:43 am

I emailed and got the following reply - has anyone else heard anything like this?
Thank you for reaching out to us regarding the MasterCard World Elite promotion for an automatic upgrade to our Gold Plus Rewards President’s Circle Tier. We regret to inform you that upon further review of this promotion, US residents are not eligible and therefore we will not be able to upgrade your status with this promotion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.