Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

President's Circle via World Elite Mastercard?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2017, 6:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist

I've read that with a World Elite Mastercard, you can have your Hertz account upgraded to President's Circle.

The Hertz website seems to confirm this: https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/hertz...enrol_Gold.xml

but it only seems to be for new accounts.

Does anyone know how to get your existing account upgraded to PC just by having a World Elite mastercard?
Old Oct 28, 2017, 4:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Also interested to find this out...
Old Oct 30, 2017, 5:00 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
No luck calling Mastercard, Citi Prestige customer service or Citi's concierge services. None of them knew of said Hertz benefits.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 7:33 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Gary Left wrote about this last week... and hasn't answered the question being asked here, too.

http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea....uites-product/

Seems like this is a mystery.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 4:53 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Looks to be a Europe-based offer from the T&Cs.
TravelinSperry likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 1:45 pm

There appears to be multiple sets of T&Cs for for Europe, MEA, etc.

It may only be for new GPR accounts? With some of the credit card National rental car status enhancements it's just a one or two year temporary status and then it falls off.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 6:58 pm

Programs: PC Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold,HHonors Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
I found this that anyone can try if you are looking to try to add it to your current profile.

https://www.mastercard.ae/en-ae/cons...z-benefit.html

Renting a car is now hassle-free. With World Elite Mastercard, you are automatically eligible for Hertz Gold Plus Rewards® President's Circle, which is otherwise obtainable through 20 qualifying Hertz Gold Plus Rewards® rentals in a 12-month period.

Enjoy special privileges and benefits, such as:

Bypassing the rental queue at many of the world's busiest airports
Guaranteed one car class upgrade at participating locations
Faster returns with Hertz Instant Return
Up to 15% off best publicly available rates at participating Hertz locations worldwide.
Free additional driver (spouse/domestic partner for Gold Plus Rewards Members)
How To Redeem
Simply click here to enroll in Gold Plus Rewards and get upgraded to President's Circle status.

If you are already a Gold Plus Rewards member, please login to your profile and enter CDP 1795034 to upgrade to President's Circle.

Terms & Conditions
Offer valid for World Elite Mastercard cardholders
Hertz Gold Plus Rewards President’s Circle membership is valid for 12 months from date of enrollment
Once Cardholder is registered on Merchant’s systems, Merchant will send a welcome pack along with membership card within four (4) weeks
In all cases, a valid Mastercard card must be registered as the form of payment in their Gold Plus Rewards® membership profile
A Mastercard card must be presented at rental counter if payment is enacted physically. Online payments will be processed using applicable Mastercard cards
Hertz T&Cs apply
Mastercard has the right to amend the offer or these terms & conditions at any time
Old Nov 6, 2017, 7:41 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Thanks ktremor. Interesting that is instructs you to put in a CDP in your profile to have status upgraded.....wouldnt think that would affect your status.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by mcgahat
Thanks ktremor. Interesting that is instructs you to put in a CDP in your profile to have status upgraded.....wouldnt think that would affect your status.
I tried entering it and (not surprisingly) nothing happened. Whoever wrote that page probably didn't know what they were talking about.

It is the World Elite MC CDP FWIW, though.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 12:45 pm

Programs: PC Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold,HHonors Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by themicah
I tried entering it and (not surprisingly) nothing happened. Whoever wrote that page probably didn't know what they were talking about.

It is the World Elite MC CDP FWIW, though.

From what I have read, these upgrades are not instant and can take up 21 days to process.

Hertz did a similar promotion for Lufthansa Senators last month and it followed similar instructions
http://loyaltylobby.com/2017/10/13/f...-october-2017/
Old Nov 9, 2017, 9:17 am

World Elite MC and President's Status

You can contact hertz and they will give you the email address to status match. Email them (hertzstatusmatch at hertz.com) and they will ask for proof that you have a World Elite MC and a CDP code (should be able to use the standard world elite MC CDP code found on the web, but not sure yet--awaiting confirmation).

E
Old Nov 12, 2017, 9:36 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by aerobinso
You can contact hertz and they will give you the email address to status match. Email them (hertzstatusmatch at hertz.com) and they will ask for proof that you have a World Elite MC and a CDP code (should be able to use the standard world elite MC CDP code found on the web, but not sure yet--awaiting confirmation).

E
Sent an email (on Nov 10, approx 9am) as described by aerobinso. Proactively attached an image of my World Elite MC. Just received the following email back:

"I received your recent inquiry concerning your Hertz Club Gold membership status.

I am delighted to inform you I have upgraded your membership to President’s Circle Gold. Please allow 24 hours for this information to update in your online profile. It is not necessary to have the card to begin enjoying the benefits of your upgraded status. The Hertz website allows members to print new cards online. Once you are logged onto our website, click on “My Account” and then “Print Membership Card” under the navigation.

As a President’s Circle Gold member, you will appreciate benefits such as guaranteed vehicle availability and guaranteed one-car-class upgrades with a two hour notice at participating Hertz locations in the US and Canada, no blackout dates for certain vehicle classes on special offers, preferred parking spaces for your convenience and 675 Hertz Award points (the equivalent of one non-peak rental day) automatically deposited into your Hertz Gold Rewards account after the completion of every 15th rental. Additionally, members who participate in the free Hertz Gold Plus Rewards program receive 25% bonus points on rentals. If internationally registered, the benefits would apply for participating locations in Europe.

Your loyalty is important to us and we trust your future card rental experiences reflect that."

Thank you very much! All very easy.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 12:10 pm

Updating the primary CDP does work. A week after adding the MC World Elite CDP to my profile as my primary CDP, my status has been upgraded to President's Circle.^^^^^
Old Nov 14, 2017, 7:25 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by ktremor
Updating the primary CDP does work. A week after adding the MC World Elite CDP to my profile as my primary CDP, my status has been upgraded to President's Circle.^^^^^
Yep, same here! Didnt expect it to work but it did.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 10:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Hmm, kinda makes me want to get a World Elite MC now. Is there a recent list of such cards somewhere? (For getting President's Circle I'm not sure I'd want to pay much of an AF, if any.) The most recent stuff I've found online is from a couple of years ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.