Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

President's Circle via World Elite Mastercard?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

President's Circle via World Elite Mastercard?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2018, 12:03 pm

Programs: AA,UA,DL; Hilton,Marriott
Originally Posted by pevo
I emailed and got the following reply - has anyone else heard anything like this?
Thank you for reaching out to us regarding the MasterCard World Elite promotion for an automatic upgrade to our Gold Plus Rewards President’s Circle Tier. We regret to inform you that upon further review of this promotion, US residents are not eligible and therefore we will not be able to upgrade your status with this promotion.
Yes, I just got the same message after not hearing from them for 5 days (after providing my credit card screenshot). It is now showing that text at the bottom of the offer page.

https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/hertz...enrol_Gold.xml

I've heard there are other companies that are/were participating so maybe we can try it with someone else and get Hertz to match.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 12:33 pm

Programs: AA,UA,DL; Hilton,Marriott
Confirmed that the National Executive Level is still working with the WME. I will try to get Hertz to match in a few months or when I need to rent from them, whichever comes first.

https://www.nationalcar.com/en_US/ca...l?locale=en_US
Old Jan 10, 2018, 2:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
I emailed and got the following reply - has anyone else heard anything like this?
Thank you for reaching out to us regarding the MasterCard World Elite promotion for an automatic upgrade to our Gold Plus Rewards President’s Circle Tier. We regret to inform you that upon further review of this promotion, US residents are not eligible and therefore we will not be able to upgrade your status with this promotion.
Received the same email about five minutes ago, after they requested a copy of my WEMC last week. Lame.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by joe_miami
Received the same email about five minutes ago, after they requested a copy of my WEMC last week. Lame.
Too many people were requesting it, probably due to this thread hitting Google, causing them to cut it off.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 5:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by m907
Too many people were requesting it, probably due to this thread hitting Google, causing them to cut it off.
It sounds more like the reps didn't know their own rules.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 5:13 pm

got the same email. too bad....
Old Jan 11, 2018, 5:43 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by m907
This was intended for Europe and not US to begin with (mentioned back in post# 5). The part of Hertz that did the match didn't realize the residency in T&C.

But yes, they probably saw a lot more match requests coming in then expected and realize the gap.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 12:37 am

Programs: AA EXP; Avis PC; Hertz PC; Marriott LT Gold; Hilton Diamond
Let's hope they don't rescind status for those who were able to take advantage of the offer.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 7:20 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz PC, GE + Pre✓, Amazon Super Special Prime
Originally Posted by HofstraJet
Let's hope they don't rescind status for those who were able to take advantage of the offer.
Mine was issued almost a month ago and remains in place. *fingers crossed*
Old Jan 12, 2018, 7:23 am

Programs: UA, BA Avios, AMEX Plat
This also ended up posted on at least one deal forum which is what probably killed it.. My upgraded status is still holding too...
Old Jan 16, 2018, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by seawolf
This was intended for Europe and not US to begin with (mentioned back in post# 5). The part of Hertz that did the match didn't realize the residency in T&C.
There weren't any T&Cs for the promo, but it was only posted on ex-US Hertz sites.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 5:51 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by themicah
There weren't any T&Cs for the promo, but it was only posted on ex-US Hertz sites.
Actually, from the US Mastercard site:

"MenuSkip to Content
Premium Memberships - Hotel, Airline and Car Rental
Hertz Gold Plus Rewards® President's Circle Membership

Renting a car is now hassle-free. With World Elite Mastercard, you are automatically eligible for Hertz Gold Plus Rewards® President's Circle, which is otherwise obtainable through 20 qualifying Hertz Gold Plus Rewards® rentals in a 12-month period.
Enjoy special privileges and benefits, such as:
Bypassing the rental queue at many of the world's busiest airports
Guaranteed one car class upgrade at participating locations
Faster returns with Hertz Instant Return
Up to 15% off best publicly available rates at participating Hertz locations worldwide.
Free additional driver (spouse/domestic partner for Gold Plus Rewards Members)

How To Redeem
Simply click here to enroll in Gold Plus Rewards and get upgraded to President's Circle status.
If you are already a Gold Plus Rewards member, please login to your profile and enter CDP 1795034 to upgrade to President's Circle."

So, I submitted my request, was UPG'd to PC, got the welcome email from Hertz, then got another email from the status match dept saying it was only for non-US residents, then I sent them my Thai retirement visa and utility bills from my Thailand condo and changed my account address to my Thai address, THEN, I get an email that it's only for residents of the MIDDLE EAST.

Love their rental cars, hate their CS.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 6:40 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
CS definitely went downhill from 10+ years ago.

Had a recent rental in Germany with damage. Invoice had a line item charge of $400 with just description of “damage.”

Emailed customer service on hertz website. No response. Called and was given another email address to send a request to. No response. Called back several weeks later and got another email address to try. Also no response.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 6:17 am

Programs: Sixt DIA, Hertz PC, Europcar Elite VIP
try facebook message instead!
Old Jan 19, 2018, 5:30 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
So, their final response was that they were right, and Mastercard T&C's was wrong. Refused to reinstate the PC status claiming THEIR rules were that it's only for residents of the Middle East who have World Elite MC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.