Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Hertz President's Circle Member Experiences (2017-Onward)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hertz President's Circle Member Experiences (2017-Onward)

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2018, 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by m907
Why did you choose to pay more for a premium reservation?
insurance against a crap icar assignment and horrible PC lot choices, sometimes for only a few bucks more, some times for less

i made a fcar rez for ORD that was cheaper than icar, prices dropped and now pcar is $1 less than old fcar. I could icar, but what if pc lot is icars and fcars? Im guaranteed a pcar min for a few bucks more.

Promise me pcars in ORD PC lot and ill icar.
Old May 13, 2018, 10:05 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by m907
Why did you choose to pay more for a premium reservation?
Partly because I have bad luck at Detroit if I book a full-size or lower and partly because it was only like $40.

Originally Posted by 91StealthES

the way I read the post is that the OP is not PC. So it may not have done him/her any good as their status wouldn’t let them pick from PC?

i took this as the agent did a favor by letting the OP prick from PC as (s)he was unhappy with the assigned car.

I could be be completely wrong though.

I have a personal trip coming up and have a luxury and intermediate reserved for if there is something in PC that I like or that is equivalent to my assigned car.
No, I am President's Circle. And have been for 3 years.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; May 13, 2018 at 10:20 am Reason: Multi-quote
Old May 13, 2018, 10:06 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Rented from PHL yesterday on a one-way rental down to SBY. For whatever reason a PCAR was the cheapest option. They have Ultimate Choice but my name was on the board with an assigned car. I went to the spot and found a 2017 Infiniti Q50 3.0 with 27,000 miles on it. The PC aisle had some SUVs and a Jaguar but I was happy to stick with my Infiniti.
jackal likes this.
Old May 13, 2018, 10:10 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
London-Heathrow. Booked an intermediate automatic transmission, which was advertised as a Volvo V40 or similar. Upon showing up, my name wasn't on the board and there wasn't anyone in the gold counter. I had to wait 15 minutes in line at the regular counters. The branch couldn't see my President's Circle status on the reservation, despite me showing them my status. All they'd give me was a Mercedes GLA, unless I wanted to pay to upgrade into an Audi A3, Volvo XC60, Jeep, etc. Manager wouldn't override the counter.
Old May 14, 2018, 1:32 pm

First time Hertz renter (thanks to starting to use Autoslash), and recently matched to PC from National EE. I have a few questions before my upcoming NON-airport rental, and would appreciate any advice.
1) My rental location does not have "Gold Choice" but does have "Gold Canopy." Reservation says "Gold Counter." Not familiar with Hertz, but does this mean I have to go to the counter and get assigned a car there?
2) Presumably I will still get a one car class bump (ICAR reserved) due to PC?
3) I see people referring to a "PC area" that sounds kind of like the Executive aisles at National. Is this available at all locations?
4) My location has "Gold Mobile Alerts". Is this worth getting? Do I need an app of some sort?
5) Reservation asks for flight information, but I won't be arriving from a flight - I'm just going to be walking there. Any reason I should put in a dummy flight?
Any other tips greatly appreciated!

Last edited by vacayseeker; May 14, 2018 at 2:20 pm Reason: Added question 5
Old May 14, 2018, 5:46 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Originally Posted by vacayseeker
First time Hertz renter (thanks to starting to use Autoslash), and recently matched to PC from National EE. I have a few questions before my upcoming NON-airport rental, and would appreciate any advice.
1) My rental location does not have "Gold Choice" but does have "Gold Canopy." Reservation says "Gold Counter." Not familiar with Hertz, but does this mean I have to go to the counter and get assigned a car there?
3) I see people referring to a "PC area" that sounds kind of like the Executive aisles at National. Is this available at all locations?
4) My location has "Gold Mobile Alerts". Is this worth getting? Do I need an app of some sort?
5) Reservation asks for flight information, but I won't be arriving from a flight - I'm just going to be walking there. Any reason I should put in a dummy flight?
A1) Yes. The location may or may not have a separate line for Gold Elite members.
A2) Yes, although you may need to remind staff of this benefit.
A3) No. Only at certain airport locations that have "Ultimate Choice" service. At non-airport locations, it's a single lot and cars assigned by the counter agent.
A4) Couldn't hurt if you have ample data/text messaging in your plan. You don't need the mobile app.
A5) Flight information has little use/value at non-airport locations; I wouldn't bother.

Final tip is to keep expectations low as far as quality of car and upgrade. Some of the oldest, high-mileage cars I've received have been from non-airport locations. I've also received some very nice and new cars as well.
Old May 14, 2018, 9:45 pm
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Booked f class at LIH for a week rental. Got a 300c fully loaded. It's was quite a comfortable car - even had the vented seats.
FlyinHawaiian likes this.
Old May 15, 2018, 12:59 am

Originally Posted by vacayseeker
on your first rental theyre going to have no idea who you are, arent going to set aside a car, and generally treat you like crap. They wont know youre PC, especially so if you made the rez before PC was listed in your account. Good luck. Local offices have crap cars and hate giving upgrades at all costs, likely theyll lie to you and say none are available.
Old May 16, 2018, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
Final tip is to keep expectations low as far as quality of car and upgrade. Some of the oldest, high-mileage cars I've received have been from non-airport locations. I've also received some very nice and new cars as well.
Originally Posted by miadeals
on your first rental theyre going to have no idea who you are, arent going to set aside a car, and generally treat you like crap. They wont know youre PC, especially so if you made the rez before PC was listed in your account. Good luck. Local offices have crap cars and hate giving upgrades at all costs, likely theyll lie to you and say none are available.
Haha duly noted. Will go in with low expectations. The nearby non-airport National has always had quite nice cars available when booking midsize as EE, but I definitely can't complain as the Autoslash-ed Hertz price is much lower.
Old May 18, 2018, 9:26 am
Suspended

Programs: DeltaPrivateJet, Ritz PP, Delta 4 million miler - Flying Colonel; AA Exec Plat (3 million + USAir)
If they pick you up at the airport, how do you change the car?
Old May 18, 2018, 10:47 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz PC, GE + Pre✓, Amazon Super Special Prime
Originally Posted by BeatCal
If they pick you up at the airport, how do you change the car?
I suppose ask if there might be another car available back at the main office, and you appreciate swinging in there to check out the selection. I think the employee would be happy to catch a ride in the car back to the office as opposed to riding the shuttle back to the office...
Old May 18, 2018, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by miadeals

I recently signed up for Hertz Gold Rewards and got upgraded to President's Circle because of my Mastercard World Elite benefits. I have an upcoming reservation where it just says "Standard Counter", even though on my profile it does say PC. I believe it's because it's the first time I am renting with that account/credit card. The customer service agent says that because of that I will not be able to use PC's privileges like the upgrade. I understand not being able to go straigh to UC or something like that, but not having any perks after being made PC, doesn't seem right? What's the problem of upgrading on that occasion?

I must say I wasn't too impressed on the level of service by the call center agents, something tells me I won't be impressed at the airport location either.
Old May 18, 2018, 5:24 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by Omega 3
I recently signed up for Hertz Gold Rewards and got upgraded to President's Circle because of my Mastercard World Elite benefits. I have an upcoming reservation where it just says "Standard Counter", even though on my profile it does say PC. I believe it's because it's the first time I am renting with that account/credit card. The customer service agent says that because of that I will not be able to use PC's privileges like the upgrade. I understand not being able to go straigh to UC or something like that, but not having any perks after being made PC, doesn't seem right? What's the problem of upgrading on that occasion?

I must say I wasn't too impressed on the level of service by the call center agents, something tells me I won't be impressed at the airport location either.
If this is your first ever rental with your Hertz Gold account, you will have to stop at the counter. I believe reservations do say "Standard Counter" in that instance, but do make sure this reservation has your Gold account number applied to it. Even though it says Standard Counter, you can still use the Gold Counter/Gold Kiosk/Gold Whatever to skip the line, but you will need to speak with an agent at the location somewhere to activate your account.

Once the agent updates and activates your rental contract, you should then be treated like any other Gold member--and in your case, you should have access to the PC section. The phone agent was wrong. Your name will likely show up on the Gold Board at that point with the "PC" indicator next to it.

Hertz phone agents are better than Avis/Budget/Dollar/Thrifty, though that's not saying much. If/when you get your physical PC card, it'll have a phone number on it that goes to a (very small and) much more competent help desk.
Old May 19, 2018, 8:18 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
DUS
Booked Q6
Upgraded to G6 - brand new vehicle
Old May 19, 2018, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by jason8612
Booked f class at LIH for a week rental. Got a 300c fully loaded. It's was quite a comfortable car - even had the vented seats.
Had one of those on my last rental out of BWI. Decent car, but I’m 6’3” and hit my head on the ceiling repeatedly despite the seat being down all the way. No such issue in the Impalas.

FCA’s UConnect is the best cabin control system/touchscreen. I wish the seat heat/vents had a hardware button somewhere, though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.