Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Hertz President's Circle Member Experiences (2017-Onward)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hertz President's Circle Member Experiences (2017-Onward)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2017, 4:39 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
My procedure if I am unsure of my assigned car's class is to look at the plastic Hertz tag; the class class is printed there.

If I reserve a C and the tag says A or B, I've been downgraded against Hertz's TOC
If I reserve a C and the tag says C, I've not been given the guaranteed upgrade per Hertz's TOC
If I reserve a C and the tag says anything else than the above (including YC), Hertz has upgraded me,
Old Apr 5, 2017, 5:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
My procedure if I am unsure of my assigned car's class is to look at the plastic Hertz tag; the class class is printed there.

If I reserve a C and the tag says A or B, I've been downgraded against Hertz's TOC
If I reserve a C and the tag says C, I've not been given the guaranteed upgrade per Hertz's TOC
If I reserve a C and the tag says anything else than the above (including YC), Hertz has upgraded me,
I just look on the sheet of A4 rental agreement and compare

Class reserved vs Class Rented

since many key fobs I come across do not have the rental group on them. Does require knowing the order of classes, since the order can be a bit strange and not in alphabetical escending order

Since Hertz removed P from the upgrade category, I tend now just to be booking P and don't worry about getting upgraded anymore. Just pay the $5 extra (inc tax) for a P over an F
Old Apr 6, 2017, 2:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Booked a one way MRY to SFO w/ F class (I think) and got a Ford Escape with 34,000 miles that smelled like onions/bo.
Lots of Infinitis and things in the lot but I didn't feel like asking. For $50 and the return rental for $75 it is cheaper than parking at the airport.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 9:31 pm

Programs: All the best ones.
Originally Posted by jetsfan92588
Are upgrades guaranteed for President's circle members?
The simple answer is "no." There are plenty of exclusions and excuses for a PC not getting a guaranteed rental upgrade. The policy is: (Confirmed vehicle one-car-class upgrade available at all participating locations in the U.S., Canada and select European locations. Maximum upgrade is to a Full-Size class vehicle with a minimum reserved Compact vehicle.) However, if you are entitled, but no upgrade vehicle is available, they are supposed to issue you with a PC compensation voucher to mail to Hertz for extra reward points. PC compensation vouchers are rare
Old Apr 7, 2017, 8:21 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
I just look on the sheet of A4 rental agreement and compare

Class reserved vs Class Rented

since many key fobs I come across do not have the rental group on them. Does require knowing the order of classes, since the order can be a bit strange and not in alphabetical escending order
That works, except usually the only document I see from Hertz before I'm at the exit gate is the keyfob. No printed contract until the exit booth.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 9:42 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by cestmoi123
That works, except usually the only document I see from Hertz before I'm at the exit gate is the keyfob. No printed contract until the exit booth.
That is on you.

You are certainly entitled to use the full counter service and insist on having the full contract printed out and to review it before signing it.

But, if you sign up for any of the "counter bypass" programs, you agree that you have read the terms, agree to them and agree that as you click through your reservation and then accept your vehicle, you agree to be bound.

Same problem when you keep a CC on file.

Lots of convenience, but you lose control of the details or you trust the vendor, in this case Hertz.

If this sort of stuff drives you crazy, don't sign up for these programs.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 8:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by cestmoi123
So print out (or save on your phone) the list from http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz...t-you-get.html

Personally I've never not received an upgrade. On the occasion that I've been assigned the same class as I've booked it's always solved with a trip to the counter.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 12:48 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by docbert
So print out (or save on your phone) the list from http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz...t-you-get.html

Personally I've never not received an upgrade. On the occasion that I've been assigned the same class as I've booked it's always solved with a trip to the counter.
No need to print anything out, I can just check the keyfob if I'm uncertain. Far easier than wasting time going to the counter to get a contract that shows the class booked and provided.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 12:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
From 2010-2015, I rented from Hertz 50-75 times a year. In 2016, it was 15. Why ... the upgrade policy at Hertz. I'll set aside the stupidity of car classes where an obviously smaller car with a lower MSRP and a different US Government vehicle standard seems to randomly be designated as a higher class but at one point I had 10 rentals in a row where they didn't upgrade me when the lots were full. Then there were all the YC's when I rented a C and they called it a one class upgrade.

I got tired of arguing and having them look like they were doing me a favor. So, now I sometimes go to Budget or National or use Uber ... I'll be around 10-15 rentals with Hertz this year. I don't notice any difference as a Five Star than I did as a PC. And no one seems to have noticed that one of their customers has good from 50-75 rentals a year to only a dozen or so -- well, I guess Wall Street has.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 6:53 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Hertz randomly sent me a physical PC card after 4 years of PC... What? Surprised they have these things, they are completely useless
Old Apr 21, 2017, 7:32 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Düsseldorf Hbf
Booked G6 (Mondeo Navi)
Assigned N (Nissan X-Trail Navi)

X-Trail is not bad. Comes with 360° surround view (top down) parking aid. The navi ETA on the other hand is really bad at estimating arrival time.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 6:01 pm

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, BA Silver
Hertz MUC has a poster clarifying their upgrade policy, from memory it said this:

Gold - no upgrade
Five Star - upgrade where available
Presidents Circle - guaranteed upgrade
Old Apr 25, 2017, 7:14 am

Programs: United 1K, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Wanderlust888
Hertz MUC has a poster clarifying their upgrade policy, from memory it said this:

Gold - no upgrade
Five Star - upgrade where available
Presidents Circle - guaranteed upgrade
If memory serves me, MUC typically put me in a 5-series sedan, C-Class Wagon, or E-Class wagon on my midsize res.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 8:02 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Burlington, VT (BTV) last Sunday. Another FCAR reservation. #1 Club Gold service here is very limited. Everyone has to go to the counter by baggage claim which has only a single agent. #1 Club Gold Contrats are at least preprinted. She offered me my choice of an Optima, Sonata or Altima or a free "upgrade" to a pickup truck (unspecified type) or Nissan Rogue. I took the Optima which had about 900 miles on it.

Returning is a pain as you have to note the gas and mileage and take the keys and contract back to the counter.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 3:15 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
GEG (Spokane, WA), an independent licensee

Reserved a Premium, used a business rewards free day coupon. One-day rental.

I was given a black 2017 Escalade (!) with 8000 miles on it.

Also of note, this was the first time I've had to pay the full balance of the taxes on the original rate when using a PC 36713 coupon. Normally the percentage taxes that correspond to the base rate will drop off along with the base rate (though usually at the time of rental, not at reservation). I had no objection to paying the $20 though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.