Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at LAS; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Renting at LAS; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2018, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
I don’t rent there enough to say. I can say for certainty that it respresntative of a weekday late night two weeks ago.
Heya Flyin,

You wouldn't happen by chance remember what might have been there in the gold section for us plebs would you? I have a reservation for midweek later evening in August, would be curious to see what might get put into gold before the weekend rolls around. Thanks in advance!
Old Aug 6, 2018, 6:54 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
I seem to recall seeing mostly sedans like Malibu, Altima, and Camry. If lucky, you might find a small SUV or a coupe like a 4 cylinder Camaro.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 12:32 pm

Thanks! not complaining, booked a corolla so if i get any better i'll take it and run!
Old Aug 9, 2018, 9:21 am

Programs: Alaska MVP, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold (Thanks Amex)
Arrived last night around 1:30 am:

PC was empty, except for a lone silver Camaro (appeared to be quite basic).

5* had a Nissan Quest. That’s it. The Camaro wouldn’t fit all of our bags, so I took the Quest - knowing full well I would come back in the morning to exchange. We drove up to the exit gate and the agent noticed this vehicle had a mechanical hold. Well, yeah - this thing had 48K miles on it.

I went back to the counter and asked them to assign me a different car since PC was empty. They gave me a Pathfinder, which sounded fine to me. It was fully loaded, though it had 47K miles. But, when I pull up to the gate, he tells me it, too, has a mechanical hold. He assigns me a different Pathfinder - this time with a flashing traction control light.

So, I go back and tell him about the ligh. He finds me a 2018 QX60 with 16K miles - I was pretty happy with that.

One thing I noticed is there was a Grand Cherokee in a reserved spot that I liked. But, whenever I’d ask for a GC, they would say there weren’t any available. At one point I walked over to the Jeep and opened the door and noticed there was a sheet of paper saying “THIS IS NOT A GOLD ZONE VEHICLE” lying on the seat. Has anyone ever seen this before? It was right next to the Gold zone in UC - maybe they have that so it doesn’t get taken by a Gold member?
Old Aug 13, 2018, 10:56 am

Programs: Hertz presidents circle, Hilton honors , Marriott, SPG Gold
Arrived at 4pm on the 9th August. Not a single car in the UC lines! I was told to pick from a 5 star car or pay $25 for an upgrade.

I suggested to one of the Hertz team members that they find me something and was me with a shrug and a “sorry, that’s all we have”.

fortunately, a Chrysler 300 was dropped off at UC after 5 minutes or so, so I took that.

in fairness, this is the worst experience I’ve had with UC in about 10 rentals, but it’s left me seriously questioning the value, and hertz commitment to the product
Old Aug 20, 2018, 1:38 am

Question Sure to get the Cadillac Escalade ?

Hi, i've book this category at Las Vegas Airport. Sure to get this car or is other car at this location ?

THX
Old Aug 20, 2018, 12:42 pm
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
As the question above pertained to the LAS location, I merged the threads.

Thanks
Jason8612 Hertz Mod
Old Aug 22, 2018, 7:45 am

Programs: BA bronze, Hertz pres circle, Marriott Platinum, hilton diamond
Originally Posted by SevenHeavy
Arrived at 4pm on the 9th August. Not a single car in the UC lines! I was told to pick from a 5 star car or pay $25 for an upgrade.

I suggested to one of the Hertz team members that they find me something and was me with a shrug and a “sorry, that’s all we have”.

fortunately, a Chrysler 300 was dropped off at UC after 5 minutes or so, so I took that.

in fairness, this is the worst experience I’ve had with UC in about 10 rentals, but it’s left me seriously questioning the value, and hertz commitment to the product

I think ultimate choice for PC has taken a drastic hit recently, I was there in the summer and the best thing was an infinity. 50% of that PC section has become dedicated to upgrades, for cars that actually used to be in the section. -particularly stuff like the Ranger Rover Evoque. They claim because it was high season, so it will be interesting if I head back in october.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 2:53 pm

Got an Infiniti Q50 for a week in LAS. Nicest car I have ever driven. Not bad for the price of a Corolla!
Old Aug 28, 2018, 1:47 am

Picked up from LAS, 8/27/2018.

Lots of cars available, but they've always lacked a good supply of G-class (Maxima) cars.

They dId have a few yellow ZO6 Vettes on hand.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 3:41 pm

Programs: Hertz presidents circle, Hilton honors , Marriott, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by aceman
I think ultimate choice for PC has taken a drastic hit recently, I was there in the summer and the best thing was an infinity. 50% of that PC section has become dedicated to upgrades, for cars that actually used to be in the section. -particularly stuff like the Ranger Rover Evoque. They claim because it was high season, so it will be interesting if I head back in october.
I’ve found PC to be very hit and miss since it was introduced. Personally, I’ve never seen anything particularly “interesting” at any location (usually Chrysler 300s, maxima’s, some decently trimmed Camrys etc.) but this was the only time I’ve been greeted with nothing.

Busy or otherwise, to have no cars available to what are supposedly Hertz’s most loyal/valuable customers makes it look like the product doesn’t have the support or commitment from the local management.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 8:32 am

Programs: BA GGL for a little while longer
A Chevy Silverado caught my eye in the UC section this week.

As a Brit, it feels like a deeply silly vehicle to be driving, but it took me very comfortably on a 600-mile round trip and I was actually sorry to give it back this morning
Old Oct 7, 2018, 5:46 pm

Booked a Corolla or Similar for back in August. Thursday evening around 8pm. The place was dead. 10 cars in gold, mostly compact with a 50k altima and a fusion. 5* was not much better, 7 or 8 cars with nothing of note and the most interesting car a Rogue... PC was hurting as well with a Maxima and 300S as the only thing remotely premium, there was an Elantra in PC.... Upgrade aisle had an Avalon, a3 and q50 3.0t
Old Nov 13, 2018, 1:05 pm

Programs: None
What c cars do they have Las Vegas?

Whet c cars does Hertz have in Las Vegas?
Old Nov 14, 2018, 4:00 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Airport or city location?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.