FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Renting at LAS; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread
Old Aug 9, 2018, 9:21 am
spencertimm

Programs: Alaska MVP, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold (Thanks Amex)
Arrived last night around 1:30 am:

PC was empty, except for a lone silver Camaro (appeared to be quite basic).

5* had a Nissan Quest. That’s it. The Camaro wouldn’t fit all of our bags, so I took the Quest - knowing full well I would come back in the morning to exchange. We drove up to the exit gate and the agent noticed this vehicle had a mechanical hold. Well, yeah - this thing had 48K miles on it.

I went back to the counter and asked them to assign me a different car since PC was empty. They gave me a Pathfinder, which sounded fine to me. It was fully loaded, though it had 47K miles. But, when I pull up to the gate, he tells me it, too, has a mechanical hold. He assigns me a different Pathfinder - this time with a flashing traction control light.

So, I go back and tell him about the ligh. He finds me a 2018 QX60 with 16K miles - I was pretty happy with that.

One thing I noticed is there was a Grand Cherokee in a reserved spot that I liked. But, whenever I’d ask for a GC, they would say there weren’t any available. At one point I walked over to the Jeep and opened the door and noticed there was a sheet of paper saying “THIS IS NOT A GOLD ZONE VEHICLE” lying on the seat. Has anyone ever seen this before? It was right next to the Gold zone in UC - maybe they have that so it doesn’t get taken by a Gold member?