FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards-423/)
-   -   Consolidated "Renting at LAS; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards/1848840-consolidated-renting-las-what-kind-cars-expect-thread.html)

kapami Jan 25, 2017 9:42 am

Consolidated "Renting at LAS; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

LAS

January 10th gold member

2 week booking for FFAR. carfirmation was for an Armada but eventually got a 2017 Yukon SLT. car had 6500 miles and was loaded. onstar expired. turned it in with 10000miles.

SixAlpha Mar 25, 2017 9:38 am

Consolidated "Renting at LAS; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Just used UC at Las Vegas and it was picked pretty clean. Separate sections for Gold, 5* and PC, but they all had pretty much the same stuff: lots of Corollas, Elantras, Sonatas and 2 Altimas.

Nicest vehicles in PC were a base model Fusion with NeverLost, or a low-mileage Optima with working XM. Grabbed the Optima, but not before trying for something a little better. Best offer was a Maxima or Chrysler 300 for an extra $15/day - Upgrade area was packed full of Infiniti's and Audi's for $25/day.

MojaveFlyer Apr 7, 2017 8:24 pm

When I rented from LAS last month (5 star, full sized car) I had a pick of about 20 vehicles. None was overly special. There was a Jeep thing that I was tempted to pick but it didn't have enough stowage space for us. Still it was nice to be able to go car-to-car and pick one. Nothing at all stunning, but OK.

We were told that we'd have to pay extra for any that had Neverlost. Which is pretty stupid since I never ask for it (who needs in this day and age??) and have never been charged when stuck with a car that had it.

KurtOlsson Apr 29, 2017 12:40 pm

Hi,
I've reserved a standard SUV at LAS. Anyone familiar with the fleet there, what am I likely to get?
Cheers!

docbert May 7, 2017 11:05 pm

Finally got around to using Ultimate Choice - yesterday (Saturday) morning around 8am at LAS.

Multiple Infinity Q50's. A Merc Coupe. A few Range Rovers, plus a few other mid/large SUVs. And a scattering of generally F sedans. All in all, not a bad selection! I commented to the lady at the booth about them having a nice range in PC, and she said they don't put anything other than premium cars in there (which clearly wasn't exactly true given there were a few F's, but still)

I took one of the Q50's - 1400 miles on it, and a damn nice car.

Commie Jun 1, 2017 11:20 am

Was at LAS this past weekend, and the PC section of the Ultimate Choice was very good.
Had bunch of Infiniti's, Escalade's, and MB CLA/GLE. I ended up picking a Camaro convertible.

ELOW Aug 16, 2017 2:52 pm

Has anyone rented from here recently? and the kind of cars they stock here?

travelbuddyto Aug 16, 2017 3:27 pm

Have a rental two months ago

PC section has a lot great cars

Including Benz GLE/GLC, RANGE ROVER EVOQUE, Infinite Q50/QX SUV etc.

Took the GLC 300 for one-way rental without any problem.

Gold Area normally is full of F including Sonata, Camry, Malibu etc.

Better than SFO/LAX PC Ultimate choice

ELOW Aug 16, 2017 4:06 pm

nice...that's good to know. Thanks!

LAX has always been hit or miss for me but mostly miss. Everytime I go it just has the typical full size, premium selection just like national's EE.

onedollar Aug 17, 2017 5:11 pm

I picked up a car from LAS around 7:15AM on 8/12 (Saturday).

PC section had several Infiniti Q50s (2.0Ts and 3.0Ts), a 3.0T Infiniti Q60, a Volvo V60, a Chrysler 300S, a Mustang 5.0, a MB CLA, a Camry, a Fusion, and an Edge.

I went with the Q60.

When I dropped it off around 1AM on 8/16 (Wednesday), I checked out the PC lot again and there was only a Camry and a Kia Optima.

I guess the car you get really depends on the time of day and luck.

ELOW Aug 17, 2017 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by onedollar (Post 28704054)
I picked up a car from LAS around 7:15AM on 8/12 (Saturday).

PC section had several Infiniti Q50s (2.0Ts and 3.0Ts), a 3.0T Infiniti Q60, a Volvo V60, a Chrysler 300S, a Mustang 5.0, a MB CLA, a Camry, a Fusion, and an Edge.

I went with the Q60.

When I dropped it off around 1AM on 8/16 (Wednesday), I checked out the PC lot again and there was only a Camry and a Kia Optima.

I guess the car you get really depends on the time of day and luck.

I plan on getting there Fri night around 11PM so we'll see how the selection is. Hopefully its similar to what I've been seeing people get on early Sat mornings.

PS: good choice on the Q60...I would've picked the same :)

radiolarian Aug 17, 2017 10:47 pm

Just got back from LV. Upon arrival, the lot was pretty empty. As empty as I've ever seen it. Eventually ended up with a 2016 Chrysler 300 that had some rattling front-end noise that didn't surface until several days into the rental. At least the interior didn't seem like it was a 30k+ mile car. Guess Hz LAS didn't hear about the new 2017 300S models with the nice fat rims, rear sunshade, and built-in NAV?

Also saw the classic several year old F-class Chevrolet Impala. Are these things ever leaving the fleet? Like the Dodge Avenger, I think Hz has an affinity for this car for some odd reason. Also present were 1 Shelby Hz, several MB C63(S), Stingray, a couple 2016 Regals, a few standard F-class, a few compacts, 1 Q70, and 1 Q50.

Cymro Aug 18, 2017 4:45 am

Originally Posted by radiolarian (Post 28704826)
Also saw the classic several year old F-class Chevrolet Impala. Are these things ever leaving the fleet?

Not an odd reason - they are probably so cheap they can sell them through Hertz Car Sales for more or less what they paid for them.

The old Impalas were produced for fleet use until May 2016, nearly 11 years in total, so the last one will probably check out in a year or so.

onedollar Aug 18, 2017 9:53 am

Originally Posted by ELOW (Post 28704171)
I plan on getting there Fri night around 11PM so we'll see how the selection is. Hopefully its similar to what I've been seeing people get on early Sat mornings.

PS: good choice on the Q60...I would've picked the same :)

Have a good trip! Please post what you saw on Friday night. I could have picked up the car on Friday night but chose Saturday morning based on previous responses just to be safe.

I picked the Q60 because I had to drive to Southern California and wanted to drive on Angeles Crest Highway, one of my favorite driving roads. I figured the Q60 would be the best car for the job otherwise I might have gone for the 5.0 Mustang for pure speed. But the Q60 was a great car. Good looking, fun to drive, fast, and comfortable for the long haul.

ELOW Aug 18, 2017 10:32 am

Originally Posted by radiolarian (Post 28704826)
Just got back from LV. Upon arrival, the lot was pretty empty. As empty as I've ever seen it. Eventually ended up with a 2016 Chrysler 300 that had some rattling front-end noise that didn't surface until several days into the rental. At least the interior didn't seem like it was a 30k+ mile car. Guess Hz LAS didn't hear about the new 2017 300S models with the nice fat rims, rear sunshade, and built-in NAV?

Also saw the classic several year old F-class Chevrolet Impala. Are these things ever leaving the fleet? Like the Dodge Avenger, I think Hz has an affinity for this car for some odd reason. Also present were 1 Shelby Hz, several MB C63(S), Stingray, a couple 2016 Regals, a few standard F-class, a few compacts, 1 Q70, and 1 Q50.

I'm curious which day did you pick up?

Originally Posted by onedollar (Post 28706515)
Have a good trip! Please post what you saw on Friday night. I could have picked up the car on Friday night but chose Saturday morning based on previous responses just to be safe.

I picked the Q60 because I had to drive to Southern California and wanted to drive on Angeles Crest Highway, one of my favorite driving roads. I figured the Q60 would be the best car for the job otherwise I might have gone for the 5.0 Mustang for pure speed. But the Q60 was a great car. Good looking, fun to drive, fast, and comfortable for the long haul.

that is a nice drive...the 5.0 is a nice car but definitely not over the Q60. I've had the 5.0 a couple times and although it drives a lot better compared to previous mustangs, I don't think it is as nice as a Q60 in terms of driving expierience unless you're talking about the Shelby GT-H.

I will keep you all posted on what I see when I arrive.