Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Status Match to Hertz" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Status Match to Hertz" thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2019, 1:49 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by xman099
Thanks a lot. I asked them to explain further. Here is their reply:

Quote:
Unfortunately, you will not receive President’s Circle benefits until your Gold Service is activated on your first qualifying rental. Once your Gold Service is activated, your President’s Circle benefits will apply to future reservations.

As my understanding, I cannot use benefits during the first visit.
I've seen it work for brand new members. You just pick a vehicle from the UC section and drive to the exit booth. They can "activate" you there upon checkout. You really don't have anything to lose by trying except that you would be told you have to go inside instead. Yeah, you might have to back up out of the line and annoy a couple of people behind, you but no harm no foul.

Originally Posted by getliquid
how would you get the upgrade benefits when your already at the exit booth?

i just got status matched to PC and have a 2 week truck class rental at MCO which was the cheapest rate by far compared to even compact.

my question is if I don’t get my PC status to show up, would I still be able to pick a car off the aisle or am I going to be assigned a truck?

would the benefit be worth it to make a one day rental which will cost around $50 before the trip so I will have PC status before I travel to MCO?
First off, you are going to be assigned a truck regardless of status. At a UC location, you don't necessarily need to take the vehicle you were assigned--you can choose something from the UC section that corresponds to your status and then just drive to the exit booth. They will sort it out there although it's a good idea to mention that you didn't like your assigned vehicle so you chose from UC instead so they don't mistakenly charge you an upgrade fee. As long as they are showing PC status for your account on their system, you should be able to choose from the PC section of UC for no upcharge.
Ordpc likes this.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Dec 9, 2019 at 3:03 pm Reason: consecutive posts merged
Old Dec 9, 2019, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by AutoSlash
I've seen it work for brand new members. You just pick a vehicle from the UC section and drive to the exit booth. They can "activate" you there upon checkout. You really don't have anything to lose by trying except that you would be told you have to go inside instead. Yeah, you might have to back up out of the line and annoy a couple of people behind, you but no harm no foul.
Thanks a lot. Yes, I did see some posts mentioned they were able to choose from PC lot during their first visit. But I also see some posts said their location only allow them to choose from gold lot (the location cannot verify their PC status in first visit).

I went to my local hertz for a "dummy" rental last Saturday. They confirmed that they cannot see my PC status in their system before I picked up. After returned my first rental, I contacted with Hertz customer service immediately(Web chat). They still cannot see my gold service was activated. I made another reservation, the confirmation page still said "standard counter". They told me to wait till Monday.

This Monday morning, I made a reservation to test out. Now the confirmation page said "Gold canopy" FINALLY and the warning message of "Customer not registerd for gold service at this location" was removed.

So far I can confirm that the system will not tell them you are PC in your first visit. The real world experience is YMMV. I thinks some locations are just not that busy or have plenty of premium vehicles, they don't care about which car you pick, from PC lot or Gold Lot. But if the location was crowded or the employee was not in good mood, you are on your own.
Ordpc likes this.

Last edited by xman099; Dec 12, 2019 at 8:02 am
Old Jan 7, 2020, 6:01 pm

Programs: Yes
Issues with Hertz Status Matching

Is there a better way to get status matching help?

I am Hertz PC customer, though just missed requalifying through rentals last year. However I am Marriott Ambassador Elite, and my accounts are linked. The Hertz Marriott T&C says the match is valid as long as the Marriott status is held.

I’ve tried using the Hertz Marriott status match page and it notifies me that my accounts are already linked.

I sent in a status match to [email protected] (per the Hertz PC support desk) with my National Executive Elite status match on 12/28/19, and never heard back.

Today 1/7/20, account downgraded to 5 Star.

multiple calls to Hertz yielded no answers. The only thing I can think is Marriott messed it up or my AMEX PLAT 5 Star benefit overrode my status match.

How else can I get this resolved?
Old Jan 7, 2020, 7:29 pm

In the past week or so I've sent 3 emails to hertzstatusmatch@hertz with no response. I don't know what's going on. I haven't been downgraded, but usually they respond within a day, from my own and others' past experience. I'm not sure if there is a number you can call for status match, but I believe they do do it by Fax.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 6:07 am

Programs: Marriott LTPP
I heard back from [email protected] within a few days but that was back in Nov. I suspect that is is only one or two people on that desk and he/she may be away over the holidays. Your Marriott Ambassador status is good until end of Feb. 2020 so you should still be PC as far as Hertz is concerned. Try sending another email to Hertz and include your Hertz Gold number in the subject line. I also took a picture of my Marriott Ambassador card and forwarded that to them.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 2:54 pm

Hertz finally responded via email and confirmed my status match. No explanation of the delay or why Marriott match didn’t retain

Last edited by anteater; Jan 8, 2020 at 4:45 pm
Old Jan 9, 2020, 6:14 pm

I managed to match my new Emerald Elite Executive Amex status to Hertz President Circle yesterday. Took 24hours. I emailed that statusmatch address at 3:43pm yesterday and at 3:50pm today they confirmed my status match.
JordanWalker likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 6:30 pm

Weird, I still haven't heard back.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by calgaryhhr
I managed to match my new Emerald Elite Executive Amex status to Hertz President Circle yesterday. Took 24hours. I emailed that statusmatch address at 3:43pm yesterday and at 3:50pm today they confirmed my status match.
What AMEX account grants Executive Elite status? AFAIK Platinum grants Executive.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 1:24 am

Programs: frontier Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by damnyourefine
What AMEX account grants Executive Elite status? AFAIK Platinum grants Executive.
Free Executive Elite status for Amex Cardholders (deadline 02/29/20)
Old Jan 10, 2020, 8:45 am

Wow, that’s a generous offer. It certainly will dilute the status pools.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 9:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by glostix
Weird, I still haven't heard back.
Same here. Should I resend to [email protected]? (I used [email protected].)
Old Jan 11, 2020, 1:58 pm

I'm emailing them now. My PC finally got downgraded to 5*. Luckily my rental on Jan 10 let me use PC lot bc I was still PC until today.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by rhwbullhead
I'm emailing them now. My PC finally got downgraded to 5*. Luckily my rental on Jan 10 let me use PC lot bc I was still PC until today.
I received and email today showing my upgrade to PC.

For those that are having issues, did you include all the info requested on the Hertz page:

https://offer.hertz.com/offers/index...tatusMatch.jsp
Old Jan 14, 2020, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by rhwbullhead
I received and email today showing my upgrade to PC.

For those that are having issues, did you include all the info requested on the Hertz page:

https://offer.hertz.com/offers/index...tatusMatch.jsp
I double checked the email that I first sent and the only thing that may be causing the delay is the usage of a screenshot of the National Emerald Elite card from their website, but I would have thought that'd have counted as the "welcome kit". Given the previous posts in this thread (and me originally sending the email on the 7th), perhaps I should give it another week before I email again?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.