Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Prestige Car Changes in Australia

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2013, 11:32 pm

Programs: VAG
Originally Posted by austgap
118i, 320i, X3 and X5 all will have unlimited km for the first 14 days of rental. From then onwards its 100km free/day.
Hang on, how does that work? If I return it after a month with 10,000km, how do they know how many were done in the first fourteen days?
Old Apr 19, 2013, 9:57 pm

Programs: QFF NB, Velocity Silver, Hertz 5*, Avis Preferred, Thrifty Blue Chip (Oz), Europcar Privilege Exec.
Just to let everyone know HQ has changed some conditions regarding the BMW range.

118i, 320i, X3 and X5 all will have unlimited km for the first 14 days of rental. From then onwards its 100km free/day. Also there will only be the standard bond (rental cost + $80) required on pickup.

There is also excessive one way fees with the BMWs. $250 BNE-OOL, $1000 Capital City - Capital City. $2500 Capital City- any other city.

The excess on the cars have not changed.

BMW have been slow to release the cars onto our fleet hence availability is still tight.
Hertz website is showing 200km/day for reservations up to 4 days and 100km/day for reservations 5 days or longer!

If Hertz do intend to offer unlimited km as you have mentioned, I wish they would get their act together and update the website!

A call to Hertz reservations about an X3 reservation did confirm excess of $3,500 with bond of $80 + rental cost.
Old Apr 22, 2013, 10:29 pm

Programs: QF SG,Velocity WP, HI Diamond, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Jorgen
Hang on, how does that work? If I return it after a month with 10,000km, how do they know how many were done in the first fourteen days?
That was what the memo read - the way it's been interpenetrated (and I'm still investigating) is that for a rental days 1-14 = unlimited km, for a rental 14+ it's a 100km/day for the entire period.

Will keep pushing to find an answer.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 2:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I somehow doubt that these mileage limits are anything other than by design and that this is what Hertz intends these rentais to have. If they meant to have unlimited mileage, they would have done
Old Apr 23, 2013, 3:44 am

Programs: Hertz PC, QF Plat, Velocity Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Are Hertz still getting the X1 ?
Old Apr 23, 2013, 3:51 am

Programs: QFF NB, Velocity Silver, Hertz 5*, Avis Preferred, Thrifty Blue Chip (Oz), Europcar Privilege Exec.
That was what the memo read - the way it's been interpenetrated (and I'm still investigating) is that for a rental days 1-14 = unlimited km, for a rental 14+ it's a 100km/day for the entire period.

Will keep pushing to find an answer.
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
I somehow doubt that these mileage limits are anything other than by design and that this is what Hertz intends these rentais to have. If they meant to have unlimited mileage, they would have done

I see that today the Hertz website now shows unlimited km! Yesterday was 200km/day up to 4 days and 100km/day for 5 days+.

Thanks for the heads up austgap!

Now they just need to get some cars delivered so availability opens up!
Old Apr 24, 2013, 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by AndDee
Are Hertz still getting the X1 ?
Nothing that I've heard to that, nor is in our delivery fleet notes for the first half of 2013.

The X3 does the small SUV range fine, I would personally be thrilled if they brought on some 5series to replace the outgoing XR6/SV6 class.
Old Apr 25, 2013, 4:19 am

Programs: Hertz PC, QF Plat, Velocity Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Nothing that I've heard to that, nor is in our delivery fleet notes for the first half of 2013.

The X3 does the small SUV range fine, I would personally be thrilled if they brought on some 5series to replace the outgoing XR6/SV6 class.
Thanks!

So what is replacing the Premium full size then ?

It's also a shame that out of CBR they only have a large 4WD now as the Dulais is sold out all year and the RAV4's are no longer listed there

Also any ideas what the Midsize Elite, Sports Car, Automatic, Petrol is ?

Old May 6, 2013, 2:20 am

Originally Posted by AndDee
Thanks!

So what is replacing the Premium full size then ? Nothing! Hertz will simply offer a wider range of selection of Full Size vehicles.

It's also a shame that out of CBR they only have a large 4WD now as the Dulais is sold out all year and the RAV4's are no longer listed there Unlikely they are sold out all year. Most likely is they haven't got enough on fleet in CBR for Hertz.com to show them online yet.

Also any ideas what the Midsize Elite, Sports Car, Automatic, Petrol is ? Not sure. Nothing on my fleet list has that category although they have ordered some Toyota 86's for a June/July arrival.. so possibly its them?

Old May 6, 2013, 2:47 am

Would you mind listing all the full size cars that are and will be available? Thanks!

Thanks for heads up about the 86 - drove one from Budget a couple of weeks ago ... They're great fun to drive! Shame Budget disengaged the sports mode in the trans and ESP.
Old May 6, 2013, 4:50 am

Originally Posted by AdMEL
Would you mind listing all the full size cars that are and will be available? Thanks!

Thanks for heads up about the 86 - drove one from Budget a couple of weeks ago ... They're great fun to drive! Shame Budget disengaged the sports mode in the trans and ESP.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz...et-2013-a.html

Created a full list of them Let me know if you need any more help.
Old May 6, 2013, 5:38 am

It is not a full list even if the contents of that list are correct
Old May 6, 2013, 5:55 am

Thanks for the list.

If that's the full list, then I have no interest in driving any of those cars and will only be renting from Hertz if I want to drive a BMW (which I do occasionally) and can find availability, which is not much at the moment!

Otherwise, I will have to rent from the likes of Avis and Europcar, where I can rent a Commodore SV6, Falcon XR6, Calais, G6/G6E, Caprice, all of which are comfortable, powerful, handle well and despite what everyone thinks, have reasonable fuel economy! Even a Commodore Omega is much better than anything that Hertz list, in my opinion!

Finally, I think Hertz need to change their representative car, at least the Commodore SV6!
Old May 6, 2013, 6:03 am

Thanks for the list.

If that's the full list, then I have no interest in driving any of those cars and will only be renting from Hertz if I want to drive a BMW (which I do occasionally) and can find availability, which is not much at the moment!

Otherwise, I will have to rent from the likes of Avis and Europcar, where I can rent a Commodore SV6, Falcon XR6, Calais, G6/G6E, Caprice, all of which are comfortable, powerful, handle well and despite what everyone thinks, have reasonable fuel economy! Even a Commodore Omega is much better than anything that Hertz list, in my opinion!

Finally, I think Hertz need to change their representative car, at least the Commodore SV6!
It isn't the full list. There are definitely SV6s currently in the fleet as well as G6E and Volkswagen Passat ( which not only is imo a nice car, but also takes diesel ) at least

Last edited by Dave Noble; May 6, 2013 at 1:03 pm
Old May 6, 2013, 6:31 am

Thanks for the list.

Sorry AdMEL, I may have not been clear with my intro to the new thread. They are what the company is purchasing this year, we will still have our current fleet of Premium Full Size (SV6/XR6/G6E, some locations have Passat.. etc) until they get phased out. However I've heard at least in Brisbane that we won't be taking on any new Commodores or Falcons.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.