Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Prestige Car Changes in Australia

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2013, 11:41 pm

Programs: QF SG,Velocity WP, HI Diamond, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by AdMEL
Do you have any idea what the other new models you refer to are and what they will replace?
Holden Cruze (already some on fleet)
Nissan Dualis (already some on fleet)
Pulsar
Kia Optima
Hyundai Accent
IX35
Ford Mondeo

Plus the VW Golfs and Passats (which are also on fleet already)
Old Feb 21, 2013, 6:05 am

Programs: QFF NB, Velocity Silver, Hertz 5*, Avis Preferred, Thrifty Blue Chip (Oz), Europcar Privilege Exec.
Originally Posted by austgap
I can certainly find out the entire list - remember though that some states get particular vehicles and others don't depending on demands for the vehicle on fleet.

The replacement is a bit harder as again it depends on age/mileage - all I do know is that Falcon's days can't end soon enough
What makes you say the Falcon's days can't end soon enough? Falcon XR6 is one of my favourites! Are they being discontinued? Why don't you like them?

Holden Cruze (already some on fleet)
Nissan Dualis (already some on fleet)
Pulsar
Kia Optima
Hyundai Accent
IX35
Ford Mondeo

Plus the VW Golfs and Passats (which are also on fleet already)
Thanks.

My favourite car is the Commodore SV6, which doesn't appear to be very common anymore! Are they staying or going?

If going, what cars will be full size premium?
Old Feb 21, 2013, 7:59 pm

What makes you say the Falcon's days can't end soon enough? Falcon XR6 is one of my favourites! Are they being discontinued? Why don't you like them?

Thanks.

My favourite car is the Commodore SV6, which doesn't appear to be very common anymore! Are they staying or going?

If going, what cars will be full size premium?
As far as I'm aware Hertz isn't taking on anymore XR6s the current ones (~2011 build) will be used until they need to be retired. We have been taking on some newer SV6 in Brisbane, although in very small numbers I would feel a majority has gone to the Melbourne and Sydney locations.

A rumor going around is that their going to start slowly phasing out the XR6/SV6 sized cars. A cocktail of excuses has been used predominantly lack of demand due to poor fuel consumption.

Personally I don't think greatly of them (higher Km XR6s that is) as in my opinion they have been left on fleet beyond their typical retirement date and they look rather worn out - they sound terrible when idling, exteriors are pretty tragic and they do seem to be having more mechanical problems of late due to their higher km.

Just my personal opinion, I agree with the new SV6s though, a good highway car
Old Feb 25, 2013, 3:43 am
Original Poster

Location: Work/Melbourne Victoria - Home/McKinney, TX (Dallas)
Programs: AA 7.8 MM EXP, QF P1, UA 1K, Marriott Titanium(Life), Hilton DIA, IHG RA, HZ PLAT
Talking Bookable now (at least for Melbourne)

Did a booking in June for an upcoming trip. Able to reserve, with AAA Texas an X5 3.0D for $548 for 4 days (around 148/day before discount, I think).

A bit higher than the $51/day with taxes we're paying for the MB C200...

And - it appears all of the new prestige cars are the same rate -- from the BMW118, to the 323, to the X3 or the X5 -- all price out the same (at least with AAA) to around $148/day.

I'm certain there will be intro rates soon... But for now; just to ensure I have one to play with -- booked it for June at the $148/day rate.

Anyone else see any better rates in OZ for these new animals?
Old Feb 25, 2013, 4:33 am

Programs: QFF NB, Velocity Silver, Hertz 5*, Avis Preferred, Thrifty Blue Chip (Oz), Europcar Privilege Exec.
Originally Posted by ExecPlatinum_Lord
Did a booking in June for an upcoming trip. Able to reserve, with AAA Texas an X5 3.0D for $548 for 4 days (around 148/day before discount, I think).

And - it appears all of the new prestige cars are the same rate -- from the BMW118, to the 323, to the X3 or the X5 -- all price out the same (at least with AAA) to around $148/day.

I'm certain there will be intro rates soon... But for now; just to ensure I have one to play with -- booked it for June at the $148/day rate.

I just checked Melbourne Downtown for random weekend dates in April .. Some bizarre prices!

First weekend in April, 118i was $80 a day and X5 was $500 a day!

Last weekend in April was similar to what you booked - all were $156 per day. Cheapest I managed to get it down to was $135 a day with Plat Amex Card CDP.

Same weekend, Merc C200 was $100 a day, without any discount. Where/how are you getting a C200 for $51 a day?

I'm surprised you were able to get a decent discount with AAA, as Hertz Australia no longer has an association with AAA in Australia, as NRMA in NSW owns Thrifty and all Ausssie AAA's give a discount through Thrifty.

I hope you're right about some intro rates soon .. Those rates are stupid!

By the way, it's a 320i not 323i.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 6:22 am
Original Poster

Location: Work/Melbourne Victoria - Home/McKinney, TX (Dallas)
Programs: AA 7.8 MM EXP, QF P1, UA 1K, Marriott Titanium(Life), Hilton DIA, IHG RA, HZ PLAT
Thumbs up Corp ID for MB200 is around $354/week

Same weekend, Merc C200 was $100 a day, without any discount. Where/how are you getting a C200 for $51 a day?
I book a monthly rate for the MB200 - comes out to around $354/week (with all taxes, 200K/day mileage). Tis a great rate, have it booked through Sep this year; but will be switching over to the X5 once/if it ever hits Perth.

As a Plat - I'm "sometimes" upgraded from a Corolla to the Prestige, but more often than not, its been the SV6. Back in Nov, started seeing great rates on the MB200, and booked them out till Sep monthly.

Just checked, still able to book those rates (using our Corp ID). All rates, even AAA only provide 200/K per day for mileage - I've yet to see a CID that offers unlimited mileage on Prestige here in Oz.

Thanks for the correction on the 320!
Old Feb 25, 2013, 8:03 pm

I book a monthly rate for the MB200 - comes out to around $354/week (with all taxes, 200K/day mileage). Tis a great rate, have it booked through Sep this year; but will be switching over to the X5 once/if it ever hits Perth.

As a Plat - I'm "sometimes" upgraded from a Corolla to the Prestige, but more often than not, its been the SV6. Back in Nov, started seeing great rates on the MB200, and booked them out till Sep monthly.
I would expect Perth to be on the same time frame as Brisbane for recieving the BMWs on fleet. Offically Q2, more likely Q3. The inital focus (a bit like our airlines) is clearly Sydney and Melbourne.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 4:30 am

Programs: VA Silver, QF FF, Priority Club
I'm getting a 4 day rental of a C200 for $67.35/day excluding taxes. That's on a professional membership CDP with a discount of 5%. This is out of the Perth downtown lot and returning to the airport.
Old Mar 9, 2013, 6:30 pm

BMWs have arrived!!

Just a quick prestige fleet update.

The BMW X5 3.0d have arrived into Brisbane Airport. A word of caution though - there isn't sat nav loaded onto these cars. The rest of the fleet are meant to join us later this month. I'm under belief that Sydney and Melbourne also have them on fleet currently.

For those who are interested..

The 118i, 320i, X3 2.0 will all have unlimited km and your standard excess ($3500, $32/day to reduce to $0...etc)
The X5 will be km restricted to 200km/day and will have the prestige excess similar to the C200s ($5500, $54/day to reduce to $0..etc)
Old Mar 9, 2013, 8:30 pm

Just a quick prestige fleet update.

The BMW X5 3.0d have arrived into Brisbane Airport. A word of caution though - there isn't sat nav loaded onto these cars. The rest of the fleet are meant to join us later this month. I'm under belief that Sydney and Melbourne also have them on fleet currently.

For those who are interested..

The 118i, 320i, X3 2.0 will all have unlimited km and your standard excess ($3500, $32/day to reduce to $0...etc)
The X5 will be km restricted to 200km/day and will have the prestige excess similar to the C200s ($5500, $54/day to reduce to $0..etc)
That isn't what the Hertz website is showing for Melbourne downtown - all are showing with 200km/day! It is also contrary to Herrz policy for prestige cars!

Is it going to change? If so, when?
Old Mar 11, 2013, 1:06 am

That isn't what the Hertz website is showing for Melbourne downtown - all are showing with 200km/day! It is also contrary to Herrz policy for prestige cars!

Is it going to change? If so, when?
AdMel the computer system we use at Hertz is obviously being slow to update the BMW fleet into the system, as of yesterday was unable to quote upgrade costs into a new X5s. Plus when looking at Hertz.com it sometimes shows the X5s with "0 passengers" as its carrying capabilities. The information about excess reduction and km has been passed around the counters here in Brisbane, so I have no reason why not to believe that is the new policy their implementing (not going to impact the C200s though) however until we get the entire fleet of BMWs I can only pass on what information I have.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 1:44 am

AdMel the computer system we use at Hertz is obviously being slow to update the BMW fleet into the system, as of yesterday was unable to quote upgrade costs into a new X5s. Plus when looking at Hertz.com it sometimes shows the X5s with "0 passengers" as its carrying capabilities. The information about excess reduction and km has been passed around the counters here in Brisbane, so I have no reason why not to believe that is the new policy their implementing (not going to impact the C200s though) however until we get the entire fleet of BMWs I can only pass on what information I have.
Hertz are well known for their poor IT!

I hope you are correct, but given the Hertz website is currently taking bookings for April on for all BMW's in Melbourne with 200km per day, it seems unlikely.

I can't see that hertz would have different rules in Melbourne and Brisbane. I also can't see that they would have different rules for the BMW's and Merc's, given they are both prestige collection cars.
Old Mar 23, 2013, 5:18 am

Programs: VA Silver, QF FF, Priority Club
Just dropped a C class off at PER earlier today.

A couple of spots across was an X5 - didn't get which model it was though. However, it had WA plates and the Hertz staff seemed to be fawning all over it.

So, anecdotally at least, an X5 is available at PER.

The C class I got had a rattly dashboard and its wheel alignment was awful. I let them know it when I dropped it off.
Old Mar 31, 2013, 3:13 am

Programs: *A Gold, HH dia,Hyatt plat,Sixt PLAT,QF , EY Gold

Actually in the middle of a 5 day rental ATM . I'm paying $334 with a full tank of gas. I drove it down to canberra and back , I think I preferred the rx350 . Its a 2.0i model no nav just the basics .I'm 100% sure I'm the first to rent from syd because there was a major stuff up and I had to collect it from the downtown location.

And then again got the x5 coming up in a few weeks in Bne paying a bit cheaper but not points earning if you know what I mean.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 7:22 pm

Just to let everyone know HQ has changed some conditions regarding the BMW range.

118i, 320i, X3 and X5 all will have unlimited km for the first 14 days of rental. From then onwards its 100km free/day. Also there will only be the standard bond (rental cost + $80) required on pickup.

There is also excessive one way fees with the BMWs. $250 BNE-OOL, $1000 Capital City - Capital City. $2500 Capital City- any other city.

The excess on the cars have not changed.

BMW have been slow to release the cars onto our fleet hence availability is still tight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.