Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

The Official "Help me find a good rate with Hertz" CHALLENGE thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 21, 2013, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: AutoSlash
Please follow this format when posting your request:
Pickup Location (airport, city, or ZIP code/postcode):
Dropoff Location (if different) (airport, city, or ZIP code/postcode):
Pickup Date and Time:
Return Date and Time:
Vehicle Size Preference:
Home Country (if not USA):
Memberships (AAA/USAA/airline FFP/Amex Plat/Cent etc):
Best Price you've found, Hertz or otherwise:
More information can be found on the first page of this thread.

Additionally, you can save time by having AutoSlash generate a quote for you up-front by clicking here, or if you've already got a rental booked, just click here to enter your info and AutoSlash will check to see if a lower rate is available.

If you're looking for a specialty vehicle from Hertz (something from the Prestige/Adrenaline/Green Collections), it is helpful if you can specify the four-letter car size code (i.e. ICAR, MVAR, etc.) shown on the Hertz website for the specific vehicle you're looking for.

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS

New members who post any type of link will have their posts flagged for moderation by our spam filters. Unfortunately...
...this includes any links in quoted replies!
You can avoid our spam filters simply by not posting any links or quoting any links in your replies. This restriction applies to just your first two posts, so once you've posted a few times you can link away.

We are happy that this thread generates many new FlyerTalk members, and we hope you will stick around. By learning & sharing our knowledge freely, we all become better travelers. Hopefully some day you will be posting a reply, showing a new guy how to get a good rate.

Welcome to FlyerTalk! We are glad you are here.
Print Wikipost

The Official "Help me find a good rate with Hertz" CHALLENGE thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2014, 11:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, PC PLT, SPG GLD
Really appreciate any help with this pricey one-way. The other issue is we would need a large SUV guaranteed (so, even with potential upgrades, I would not want to risk getting there and not having the SUV available for a one-way)

Pickup Location: Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada (YFC comes back with no available vehicles for any dates)
Dropoff Location: Quebec City
Pickup Date and Time: 09/25/2014 - 12:00pm
Return Date and Time: 10/04/2014 - 12:00pm
Vehicle Size Preference: SUV Large SFAR
Memberships (AAA/USAA/airline FFP/Amex Plat/Cent etc): Hertz Gold, AAA,United, Amex Plat, Citi Exec, Costco, AA Exp, other non-status FFP
Best Price you've found, Hertz or otherwise: $1574 CAD incl. Taxes
Old Aug 21, 2014, 2:05 am

Originally Posted by monnyc
Really appreciate any help with this pricey one-way. The other issue is we would need a large SUV guaranteed (so, even with potential upgrades, I would not want to risk getting there and not having the SUV available for a one-way)

Pickup Location: Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada (YFC comes back with no available vehicles for any dates)
Memberships (AAA/USAA/airline FFP/Amex Plat/Cent etc): Hertz Gold, AAA,United, Amex Plat, Citi Exec, Costco, AA Exp, other non-status FFP
shouldn't the large SUV be FFAR?
Old Aug 21, 2014, 10:50 pm

Programs: Avios, Skywards, Amex
Originally Posted by uTriks
Well I got this respond when I emailed Hertz;

Dear customer,

It seems like you donīt have any extra fee for young driver because of this code. We can not answer if you have permission to use this code or where you have got it from. But to answer your question, yes it seems like the young driver fee is waived.

Kind regards

Guess it will be ok Thank you for the help! <3
Excellent news. Thanks uTriks. I will let my little brother know. He's 20 and always complains that he can't rent cars. As I am presidents circle, he will also be eligible for this
Old Aug 21, 2014, 11:04 pm

Programs: Avios, Skywards, Amex
Originally Posted by monnyc

Are you picking up from "Crowne Plaza Lord Beaverbrook Hotel"?
If so, I get a price of 948 CAD for Jeep Cherokee through the US website without using any codes and assuming your age is 25-49. The amex CDPs (e.g. 211762) usually waive the one way charge (within the same country) if you want to try using one of them on the canadian site.
Old Aug 23, 2014, 9:24 pm

Pickup Location (airport, city, or ZIP code/postcode):Honolulu Intl Airport
Dropoff Location (if different) (airport, city, or ZIP code/postcode): Honolulu Intl Airport
Pickup Date and Time: 12/25/14 at 7:00 PM
Return Date and Time: 12/30/14 at 9:00 PM
Vehicle Size Preference: No Preference
Memberships (AAA/USAA/airline FFP/etc): N/A
Best Price you've found, Hertz or otherwise: $878.97 total from Enterprise, $837.87 total from Budget
Old Aug 23, 2014, 9:36 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Avis with AWD A074800 is $246 for an intermediate
Old Aug 23, 2014, 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by cblaisd
Avis with AWD A074800 is $246 for an intermediate
Wow! Thanks this is great!^^^^
Old Aug 24, 2014, 11:39 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Hertz MCO (Orlando)

For anyone who can use this, I saw a posting on Slickdeals.net and bettered a deal posted there. $9.10 for an entire week (economy car) at MCO. One of the lowest rates I've ever seen. Certainly the lowest I've found for booking in a long time.

On the Hertz website, I got it down to $9.10 for the ENTIRE WEEK (not per day) plus taxes (rate will show $44.10 before $35 off weekly coupon). Total $47.44 with all taxes and fees. Use Hertz Entertainment CDP 205521 and Hertz Entertainment PC 179911 ($35 off a weekly rental coupon). These codes are from Entertainment.com (Entertainment 2014 book - codes are valid until June 30, 2015).

It's valid many dates in March 2015. The OP's dates on Slickdeals were 3/14/2015-3/21/2015 but I found it available many other dates. Economy size car.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 2:55 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, SPG Gold
Hawaii Rental

Originally Posted by steevpeev
Wow! Thanks this is great!^^^^
I live in Hawaii. Most of the time the below site has the best rates, 50% cheaper:

http://www.discounthawaiicarrental.com/

They contract to the main car rental agencies. sometimes the instant quote is more pricier than the one that may take an hour to respond
Old Aug 25, 2014, 6:51 am

Pickup Location (airport, city, or ZIP code/postcode): LAX
Dropoff Location (if different) (airport, city, or ZIP code/postcode): LAX
Pickup Date and Time: 04-30-2015 16:00
Return Date and Time: 05-24-2015 16:00
Vehicle Size Preference: FFAR
Home Country (if not USA): Germany
Memberships (AAA/USAA/airline FFP/Amex Plat/Cent etc): Hertz Gold, AAA(german equivalent ADAC), Lufthansa Miles&More, AMEX Plat)
Best Price you've found, Hertz or otherwise: Hertz US$ 1714,27 , SIXT US$ 1.594,30
Old Aug 25, 2014, 7:54 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Avis with AWD A074800 is $861.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 8:07 am

Avis with AWD A074800 is $861.
If you mean my request... NO itīs US$ 2178,xx
Old Aug 25, 2014, 8:10 am

Well, okay. But I just re-checked and it still shows $861.36.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 8:43 am

But we are both talking about a Fullsize SUV (FFAR)?
Old Aug 25, 2014, 8:45 am

24 Days for a Fullsize SUV? Are we germans still be punished this much, by paying almost the triple price? ;-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.