Wiki Posts
Search

U.H. Warrior Football Team Nationally Ranked!!! [2007 Season]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2007, 3:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
For all those interested, here's Colt Brennan's segment on College Gameday Saturday morning (see him spearfish tako). Chris Fowler, Lee Corso, and Hawaii's arch-nemisis on ESPN, Kirk Herbstreit, talk about Hawaii's remaining schedule, their BCS chances, and whether Colt should deserve the Heisman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ml5bv3PHiE

(Courtesy of http://uhfootball.blogspot.com/ )
Old Nov 4, 2007, 3:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HA Pua. Platinum WP, PR, QF, UA, AA, DL, NW Prince Preferred
With the Warriors idle yesterday, Texas and Florida moved up to #14 and #15 respectively, to drop UH two spots to #16 in the BCS. We need to finish undefeated, ranked #12 or better, to get a ticket to the "dance". And stop Kirk Herbstreit from talking "smack" about us. (Lee Corso says nice things about us!).

Imua!
Old Nov 4, 2007, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by kaukau
With the Warriors idle yesterday, Texas and Florida moved up to #14 and #15 respectively, to drop UH two spots to #16 in the BCS. We need to finish undefeated, ranked #12 or better, to get a ticket to the "dance". And stop Kirk Herbstreit from talking "smack" about us. (Lee Corso says nice things about us!).

Imua!
Ah, the punishment of having a BYE week.

Worth noting that West Virginia, who also had a bye, remained #7 in the BCS...

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/BCSStandings
Old Nov 7, 2007, 8:46 pm

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
Have an Extra ticket to Saturdays game

Have an extra ticket to Saturdays UH vs. Fresno St. game. Any takers? Can I trade it for a UA 3P nomination? Seriously, we can't find a taker for it, and since they were free to us, it wouldn't be right to sell it. Aloha Stadium DO?
Old Nov 11, 2007, 2:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Gasp Gasp Gasp. Although the Warriors eek by with a win, Colt Brennan suffers a concusion. Earlier reports say it was a Cat 3 concussion, the worst kind. We'll have to just wait and pray for Colt.

With all this talk about BCS hopes and an undefeated season, nothing matters when you put a young man's life on the line.

Here's the video of the hit Colt took: http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/...goryId=2378529

I don't know about you, but that hit looked awfully like an intentional helmet to helmet hit.
Old Nov 11, 2007, 2:32 pm

Programs: Scorched earth and base metal in everything these days
Originally Posted by slippahs
Gasp Gasp Gasp. Although the Warriors eek by with a win, Colt Brennan suffers a concusion. Earlier reports say it was a Cat 3 concussion, the worst kind. We'll have to just wait and pray for Colt.

With all this talk about BCS hopes and an undefeated season, nothing matters when you put a young man's life on the line.

Here's the video of the hit Colt took: http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/...goryId=2378529

I don't know about you, but that hit looked awfully like an intentional helmet to helmet hit.
Dang!

Can't believe we missed all that excitement.
Cheap tackle aside, it looks like Fresno made a bit of a comeback?

Mrs. (no relation) and I left at the start of the 4th quarter.
Bows were up by 21 at the time, so we figured it was time to get a jump on the traffic.

Haven't seen the papers this morning, any update on Colt?
Old Nov 11, 2007, 6:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by tednugent(no relation)
No updates in the paper since it runs to press about 1-2 a.m. But, the Advertiser online is saying that he'll undergo tests this afternoon. JJ says Colt will play; but JJ always says stuff like that (i.e., Colt's ankle).

Edit: Looks like they just updated the article on Brennan: http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar...023186457.html
Old Nov 11, 2007, 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by tednugent(no relation)
Dang!

Can't believe we missed all that excitement.
Cheap tackle aside, it looks like Fresno made a bit of a comeback?

Mrs. (no relation) and I left at the start of the 4th quarter.
Bows were up by 21 at the time, so we figured it was time to get a jump on the traffic.

Ted,

Thanks for the invite to your after game party! We took the football express to the game so we didn't have a car. Otherwise we would have been game. What a fun time last nights game was.
Old Nov 11, 2007, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Looks like Colt's being held out of practice for two days, to be reevaluated on Tuesday evening. The flight leaves Wednesday afternoon on an AQ charter (how the heck did the AQ flight make it from HNL to HOU/IAH for the LATech game?). Tying this into Flyertalk: what's the cardinal rule of flying with a concussion? (And, when will the players start feeling fatigue from flying tens of thousands of miles on a AQ 73G narrowbody?; let's just hope they're getting all the Cookie Corner cookies!)

Colt's leaving the decision up to JJ. If I were him, I'd keep Colt suited up but wouldn't start him. Just bring him in if needed.

Should be a very interesting game, given the circumstances. 6 p.m. HST on ESPN2 this Friday!
Old Nov 12, 2007, 5:13 pm

Looks like Colt's being held out of practice for two days, to be reevaluated on Tuesday evening. The flight leaves Wednesday afternoon on an AQ charter (how the heck did the AQ flight make it from HNL to HOU/IAH for the LATech game?). Tying this into Flyertalk: what's the cardinal rule of flying with a concussion? (And, when will the players start feeling fatigue from flying tens of thousands of miles on a AQ 73G narrowbody?; let's just hope they're getting all the Cookie Corner cookies!)

Colt's leaving the decision up to JJ. If I were him, I'd keep Colt suited up but wouldn't start him. Just bring him in if needed.

Should be a very interesting game, given the circumstances. 6 p.m. HST on ESPN2 this Friday!
I'm going to guess that OAK isn't going to have any sportsbars open at 9:30pm when our AQ flight arrives on friday?(if they have any sportsbars there) Think I can get the pilots to try and relay scores for passengers on descent or as we taxi in? (I'll be in F so maybe I'll 'throw my weight around', haha) "Whaddya mean, safety first?"
Old Nov 12, 2007, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Ripper3785
I'm going to guess that OAK isn't going to have any sportsbars open at 9:30pm when our AQ flight arrives on friday?(if they have any sportsbars there) Think I can get the pilots to try and relay scores for passengers on descent or as we taxi in? (I'll be in F so maybe I'll 'throw my weight around', haha) "Whaddya mean, safety first?"
I wonder if they can do that? At what point after landing does the "sterile" cabin rules end?

But perhaps there's a free program out there that does free text messaging score alerts for college football?
Old Nov 12, 2007, 7:41 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
....At what point after landing does the "sterile" cabin rules end?
After leaving the active runway.
Old Nov 12, 2007, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by cblaisd
After leaving the active runway.
Thanks. Ripper, YGPM.
Old Nov 12, 2007, 10:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I was looking at purchasing a mini-Warriors helmet for the SO so that she can finally attempt to get Colt's autograph as a memento of this season, when I came across this eBay page. Just shocked the heck out of me that the seller put up pictures of every person signing the helmet.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Hawaii-Warriors-...em150180982425

Terrible.
Old Nov 17, 2007, 12:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: HA Pua. Platinum WP, PR, QF, UA, AA, DL, NW Prince Preferred
OMG! Dan Kelly from 45 yards out nails a FG with 11 seconds left to put UH up 28 to 26 over the UN Wolfpack!!!!!! Tyler Graunke saves the day!!!! UH is 10-0!!!!!!! Game over!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.