Reload this Page >

Consolidated HNL/Honolulu/Waikiki/Oahu Restaurants & Bars Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 23, 2020, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Moderator's Note: This is an ARCHIVE (read-only) thread; the active thread for this topic may be found here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hawaii/2070868-consolidated-hnl-honolulu-waikiki-oahu-restaurants-bars-thread-2021-a.html

Mahalo,

FlyinHawaiian, Co-Moderator
Hawaii (Travel) Forum
Print Wikipost

Consolidated HNL/Honolulu/Waikiki/Oahu Restaurants & Bars Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2020, 9:55 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by slippahs
FYI - Alan Wong's is closing up shop permanently on the King St. location on Oahu. That's a pretty big bummer.

https://www.staradvertiser.com/2020/...t-permanently/
Was not a regular there, but very sad, and hopefully not a sign of things to come.
Old Nov 3, 2020, 4:56 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Alan Wong's was always a solid place for a special meal; I will miss it.

Ed Kenney is also closing Town in Kaimuki; I was not a huge fan of that iteration, preferring Kaimuki Superette to Town and Mud Hen Water. Still, it's somewhat bittersweet to see iconic places like Alan Wong's closing at the same time all the buzz is about the first Olive Garden in Hawaii opening.

Also, for Netflix subscribers, this season's "Somebody Feed Phil (Rosenthal)" highlights Ed Kenney's cooking and Uncle Clay's House of Pure Aloha shave ice.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Nov 4, 2020 at 7:45 am
Old Nov 6, 2020, 4:56 am

Programs: UA/Hawaiian/Marriott
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
all the buzz is about the first Olive Garden in Hawaii opening.
Tony Roma's closed and there were final crowd the final two days while it was open.....with folks online crying the blues about it shutting down.

But yet, there were huge lines at OG.....

Not sure if posted but Chart House is done for as well.

Last few weekends they have been cleaning their coolers out selling food so it won't spoil and go to waste.

They are also selling merchandise and stuff from inside. Should be close to being done by now....

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Nov 6, 2020 at 7:43 am Reason: consecutive posts merged
Old Nov 6, 2020, 7:10 pm

Programs: MU Platinum, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Bearcat06

Not sure if posted but Chart House is done for as well.
What a shame. I used to like eating there. Great location. Looks like they were an original tenant of the Ilikai too. Oh well, at least the Red Lobster around the corner is still open (I hope).
Old Nov 29, 2020, 3:11 pm

Programs: UA/Hawaiian/Marriott
Originally Posted by YariGuy
What a shame. I used to like eating there. Great location. Looks like they were an original tenant of the Ilikai too. Oh well, at least the Red Lobster around the corner is still open (I hope).
They are still there with the Outback still running .....

Rumor control has it that Joey (the owner of the Chart House) is working with someone to buy it and get it going again...... We shall see.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.