Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Hawaii
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Molokai - Where to stay, what to do, where to eat, activities" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Molokai - Where to stay, what to do, where to eat, activities" thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2012, 10:26 pm

Originally Posted by Ilovefairmont
Hello all,
Has anybody every stayed at the Iwa cabin on Molokai that could possibly share their experience? It looks amazing but unfortunately their is only one review that I was able to find online. Here is their website:

http://www.molokailuxurycondo.com/molokai-iwa/index.php
I have just returned home from a month long trip to Molokai and stayed at the Iwa cabin. It was an incredible experience and the house is even more beautiful in person and the pictures on the website don't do it justice. It is also loaded with devices and gadgets, incredible views to the west (many west end beaches and Oahu) and I The owner is also very easy to work with. I highly recommend this place and look forward to going back.

Here is a link to a video I put together of some of the nearby beaches I shot in HD and a few sunsets as well, including one from the property.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qf9O92PRgcM
Old Feb 14, 2012, 12:40 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Rewards Silver,United Miles plus Hawaiian Air AirTran SWA
You stayed at one of the rentals that I know the owners
They operate a very successful design firm on Maui.
Iwa cabin is newly constructed and not huge maybe 1000 sq feet but typically appointed ( very luxurious) for their taste.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 5:19 am
In memoriam

Programs: UA, US, AS, Marriott, Radisson, Hilton
Molokai - recommend a B&B? etc.

Now that the acute problem is solved, anyone have favorite places on
the island?

So my best traveling bud and I have booked cheap tix to MKK next month.
Then we went online and found that most lodgings and (worse) all auto
rentals were sold out for when we wanted to go. Any suggestions on
alternate, under-the-radar solutions? Short of breaking into an
unoccupied place or stealing a car?
Edited to add: car rental has been unsold out, so that's one issue
resolved. Whew!

Edited to add: lodging not a concern any more, now we have access to
wheels.

Last edited by violist; Jan 7, 2013 at 8:16 am Reason: update
Old Jan 7, 2013, 3:35 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by violist
Now that the acute problem is solved, anyone have favorite places on the island?
Kualapu`u Cookhouse.

Possibly the best meal I have had in Hawai`i.

Definitely drive to the east end of the island, hopefully in a small rental car; there is a definite pucker factor in the last few miles.

Dixie Maru Beach on the west end.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 11:13 pm
In memoriam

Programs: UA, US, AS, Marriott, Radisson, Hilton
Originally Posted by cblaisd
Possibly the best meal I have had in Hawai`i.
Thank you! I had noticed your review and had made a note
of it. The Roast Pork House (Filipino) also sounds interesting.

M
Old Oct 20, 2014, 2:03 am

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Camped out overnight at Papohaku Beach during the summer, most beautiful beach I've been to where in the islands. It's huge, and next to no people, and the water was so clean and so clear. It's very swimmable in the summertime. Paid $3-5 at the Maui County offices in town, and worth every dollar.
Old Jun 11, 2015, 9:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Hoping to see the northside cliffs, but can't do the mule ride down because our child isn't 16. Are there any good viewing options, such as a boat ride?
Old Dec 10, 2015, 12:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Has anyone done any biking around Molokai? I'm planning a Maui trip in April and thought a day visit to Molokai by ferry with some cycling would be a nice way to explore the island but curious is others had been and had some input.

In doing online research found Molokai Bicycle will rent a bike so thought I would see if they could also drive me up to Kalaupapa Lookout and then coast downhill with a few stops back into Kaunakakai and maybe a little east along the coast. The ferry arrives IRRC around 8 AM and sails back at 5 PM so would get a full day of sightseeing on the island.

Any input would be appreciated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.