Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Luau on Maui" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Luau on Maui" thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2014, 9:29 am

I'm staying at Andaz in Wailea next month. The Marriott and GW are walking distance from my hotel, whereas the better ones in Lahaina are 45 minutes away by car. My wife and I plan on having a few drinks so driving might not be a great idea for us. I called the hotel concierge to ask for transportation options, and was told that it's just taxi and limo, and those are at least $90 each way, which is too much for us. To those who drink, how else to get from Wailea to Lahaina and back?

Also, I've spoken to 2 staff members at the Andaz and both recommended the Marriott over the GW. However, GW has discounts at Costco ($20-30 cheaper than Marriott). Any thoughts on this comparison?
Old Sep 29, 2015, 7:38 pm

Maui Luau

We are staying at Marriott Wailea and noticed they have a luau for $110 per person. We like the convenience of the luau at our hotel, but the price seems steep, especially as we do not know the quality of the luau. Is the Marriott Wailea luau the move, or do folks suggest another one in Wailea?

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Sep 29, 2015 at 8:41 pm Reason: this should have been asked in the existing thread on this topic
Old Sep 29, 2015, 8:40 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
I've been to the Old Lahaina Luau and Feast at Lele. I think you're in the same price range. Both I've been to are good, as far as luaus go. They both get some of the better reviews. Yours is a little more I think, but the convenience is nice.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of luaus, so you probably just need to weigh convenience vs. price. I doubt that any would actually be bad. Lahaina might be a nice break from south Maui if you go a couple hours early and explore the town.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 3:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
I've done the Marriott luau and really like the Old Lahaina one, which I've done multiple times, much better. The long drive to Lahaina is an issue for some people, but I regarded it as a break.

Bruce
Old Oct 1, 2015, 12:32 pm

Thanks guys!
Old Mar 20, 2016, 9:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
A quick question about whether to confirm the Old Lahaina Luau in advance or wait until I arrive. My April stay is about 3 weeks away and had thought of waiting until I arrived on a Sat. to book 4 - 5 days later near the end of my stay but when I check the next week or so it's all booked up. Just curious.
Old Mar 28, 2016, 2:50 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by tcook052
A quick question about whether to confirm the Old Lahaina Luau in advance or wait until I arrive. My April stay is about 3 weeks away and had thought of waiting until I arrived on a Sat. to book 4 - 5 days later near the end of my stay but when I check the next week or so it's all booked up. Just curious.
Best to book this before you arrive, like now! Otherwise you could surely be disappointed.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 11:20 am

Programs: HH-Diamond, IHG-Plat, DL-DM, PnF Plat, Kroger +
Originally Posted by tcook052
We are going in May and have it already booked. Please post your review when you get back.
We are just staying south of there so it's a close walk/drive.
Old Apr 5, 2016, 8:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by Eddie98
We are going in May and have it already booked. Please post your review when you get back.
We are just staying south of there so it's a close walk/drive.
Will do!

Originally Posted by controller1
Best to book this before you arrive, like now! Otherwise you could surely be disappointed.
It's booked! I thought on my last night a luau would be a good send off so am looking forward to the occasion. I went old school (traditional) seated on mats on the ground as are right below the stage so should offer a better view.

Aloha!
Old May 17, 2016, 7:45 pm

Programs: HH-Diamond, IHG-Plat, DL-DM, PnF Plat, Kroger +
Just got back 2 days ago and had a blast in Maui even if it rained for 2 days.
We saw the whole island while there, it was great and had amazing food.
The Old Lahaina Luau was great, the food was Ok for me, not really amazing.
We did the seat on the floor thing but that proved to be unconfortable after a few minutes but the view was great. My wife tried to changed us to a table but the only one available was way at the back so we suffered thru it.

Road to Hana was amazing, Haleakala volcano, "private beach", blow hole, etc. we stayed in Lahaina.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.