Wiki Posts
Search

HNL terminal exit to departure level?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2019, 11:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
HNL terminal exit to departure level?

I’m arriving on UA at the Diamond Head gates and don’t have luggage to collect. I want to catch the19 bus to Waikiki, which I think leaves from the departure level.

Is there an exit from airside directly to the departure concourse, so I can avoid going downstairs and back upstairs again?
Old Jul 15, 2019, 1:21 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Yes, it's possible to exit the terminal at the departure (upper) level; there's normally an exit lane at the TSA checkpoints that you can take from gateside to curbside.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 3:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
Yes, it's possible to exit the terminal at the departure (upper) level; there's normally an exit lane at the TSA checkpoints that you can take from gateside to curbside.
Thanks!
FlyinHawaiian likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 4:23 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by transportprof
I’m arriving on UA at the Diamond Head gates and don’t have luggage to collect. I want to catch the19 bus to Waikiki, which I think leaves from the departure level.

Is there an exit from airside directly to the departure concourse, so I can avoid going downstairs and back upstairs again?
Yes. Walking from the DH gates, do not go down the escalator or stairs. Continue until you see the TSA checkpoint on your right. Immediately afterwards, there is a lane from which you can exit, secured by a TSA agent.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 8:37 pm

In case you don't know, the fare is $2.75 exact change. $1.00 if Senior with ID. 19 and 20 both go to Waikiki and depart from far right end of the center island. Make sure the flag says Waikiki since both directions use this stop. Luggage is limited to normal carryon. Aloha!!!
Old Jul 15, 2019, 9:00 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by KenfromDE
In case you don't know, the fare is $2.75 exact change. $1.00 if Senior with ID. 19 and 20 both go to Waikiki and depart from far right end of the center island. Make sure the flag says Waikiki since both directions use this stop. Luggage is limited to normal carryon. Aloha!!!
Or the far left. There are two stops on the upper level. Well, three actually if you count the Inter Island stop. Although the OP did say he was at the DH gates so the far right is the closest. Just an FYI in case others see this thread and are closer to the Ewa end.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 8:04 am

Now you need to explain Ewa!
Old Jul 16, 2019, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Pretty simple. Toward the Ewa plains! I'm sure that helped to clarify your confusion.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 11:19 am

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Makai = towards the ocean (south if in Honolulu/Waikiki)
Mauka = towards the mountains/inland)
Diamond Head = in the direction of, you guessed it, Diamond Head (east from Honolulu)
Ewa = in the direction of Ewa Plains/Ewa Beach (west from Honolulu)
Windward side (the east side of the island
Leeward side (the west side of the island)

So the Diamond Head gates are at the east end of the terminal. Ewa gates are on the other end, the west end.
DELee and Segments like this.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 2:25 pm

Thanks for clearing that up

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.