Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Republic beginning inter-island service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Republic beginning inter-island service

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2008, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by gemac
Of course, Republic isn't locally owned. But then, neither is Mokulele. Or Hawaiian. I suspect that won't be much of a factor for Republic.
Indeed. But just because something isn't owned in Hawaii doesn't make it local. Think Longs. Not owned in Hawaii but as part of Hawaii as can be. It's the spirit of kama'aina that comes through via the workers and frontline staff.

Hence, my question.
Old Oct 21, 2008, 10:34 pm

Programs: Alaska LTG, HHonors-Gld, IHG-Dia, LT MR Ti
Another fare war on the horizon?
Old Oct 23, 2008, 7:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG
Mokulele has said that it's not going to get into a fare war - I wouldn't want to, if I were them. Much depends on what HA chooses to do. If I were HA, I wouldn't view Republic's entry as much of a threat at this point. I would keep my fares where they are and let go! and Mokulele fight amongst themselves. HA knows that go! is in trouble already and might wait to see if Republic is enough to push it over the pali.
Old Oct 23, 2008, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by cwe84
Most of the crews are from or live in the area. We will not be able to have commuters because of the benefits that are being offered so the people are atleast local!!!
Everybody that I have had contact with at all interisland carriers is local. Ticket agents, gate agents, flight attendants, etc. To that extent, all interisland carriers are local. Pilots and administrative staff may be local or maybe not, but I don't have any way of telling (and I suspect most other passengers don't either).

Originally Posted by cwe84
If there is a need for more we can get more we have a number of options we can use...
I was just wondering if it was available aircraft that was dictating the routes selected (and not selected), or if it was the route selection that was dictating the number of aircraft. From your response, I take it that route selection is dictating the number of aircraft at this point, and that Republic has chosen not to compete in the rest of the interisland market at this (admittedly early) point. Thanks for your info.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Oct 23, 2008 at 2:21 pm Reason: consecutive posts merged
Old Oct 25, 2008, 11:13 pm

Programs: Alaska LTG, HHonors-Gld, IHG-Dia, LT MR Ti
Any published fares or flight cities yet?
Old Oct 26, 2008, 3:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by BarryL
Any published fares or flight cities yet?
Yes, see post #19.
Old Nov 11, 2008, 11:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Looks like Mokulele is also taking over AQ's old lounges:

In addition to enjoying our spacious cabins and overhead bins, Mokulele Airlines loyalty program members and premium passengers purchasing first class upgrades will have access to our comfortable passenger lounges in Honolulu, Kona and Lihu‘e.
http://www.mokuleleairlines.com/experience%20FAQ.html
Old Nov 11, 2008, 11:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SkyClub Lifer
Originally Posted by slippahs

Seems weird... the AQ lounge at HNL was way down at the far end of the I/I terminal from the commuter terminal, wasn't it? Seems like a long walk.
Old Nov 12, 2008, 12:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by DanTravels
Seems weird... the AQ lounge at HNL was way down at the far end of the I/I terminal from the commuter terminal, wasn't it? Seems like a long walk.
Sure... only if you read above, Mokulele will be using Aloha's old gates in the interisland terminal.
Old Nov 12, 2008, 12:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E

Heard they got them fairly cheap from AQ too

There is also a possibility of partnership with AS including lounge reciprocity
Old Nov 12, 2008, 1:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SkyClub Lifer
Sure... only if you read above, Mokulele will be using Aloha's old gates in the interisland terminal.
Aha, now it makes more sense. I thought HA had expanded to fill all available space.
Old Nov 12, 2008, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by DanTravels
Aha, now it makes more sense. I thought HA had expanded to fill all available space.
They did but they didn't take up all the gates. With only four planes for Mokulele, and six gates in the pier, I think they can both share.
Old Nov 14, 2008, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Wow! I didn't realize know that. Is that brand new airlines in Hawaii? Is that operated on E70, correct? Its must to be very well first inauguration flight from HNL-KOA/OGG/LIH/ITO. Where I can see the photo opportunity for me. Thanks all.
Old Nov 16, 2008, 11:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by N830MH
Wow! I didn't realize know that. Is that brand new airlines in Hawaii? Is that operated on E70, correct? Its must to be very well first inauguration flight from HNL-KOA/OGG/LIH/ITO. Where I can see the photo opportunity for me. Thanks all.
The first E170 is parked at the old AQ tarmac near Gate 49. Didn't see more than one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.