FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Republic beginning inter-island service
View Single Post
Old Oct 23, 2008, 1:58 pm
gemac
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by cwe84
Most of the crews are from or live in the area. We will not be able to have commuters because of the benefits that are being offered so the people are atleast local!!!
Everybody that I have had contact with at all interisland carriers is local. Ticket agents, gate agents, flight attendants, etc. To that extent, all interisland carriers are local. Pilots and administrative staff may be local or maybe not, but I don't have any way of telling (and I suspect most other passengers don't either).

Originally Posted by cwe84
If there is a need for more we can get more we have a number of options we can use...
I was just wondering if it was available aircraft that was dictating the routes selected (and not selected), or if it was the route selection that was dictating the number of aircraft. From your response, I take it that route selection is dictating the number of aircraft at this point, and that Republic has chosen not to compete in the rest of the interisland market at this (admittedly early) point. Thanks for your info.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Oct 23, 2008 at 2:21 pm Reason: consecutive posts merged