Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Experience with go! Airlines" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Experience with go! Airlines" thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2006, 3:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SkyClub Lifer
Originally Posted by slippahs
But have you also seen their website? Advertisements galore! Is there even another airline that places advertisements on their own website for the services of another?
In a broad sense, I think that's what airline web sites are doing when they display codeshare/partner flights. Just as an example, both HA and AQ advertise flights to Molokai, yet neither of them flies there.
Old Dec 6, 2006, 3:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by DanTravels
In a broad sense, I think that's what airline web sites are doing when they display codeshare/partner flights. Just as an example, both HA and AQ advertise flights to Molokai, yet neither of them flies there.
Airline codesharing/partner flights are different. It's more of a reciprocal thing, IMHO (with the emphasis on reciprocity of access to flights than compensation). OTOH, go! has contracted one of those web ad services to provide advertisements on their website.

It's very rare to see any business website advertising the services of another. Just another reason to see why go! is a cheap airline. Sorry, I just can't get over the fact that they charge for water...
Old Dec 8, 2006, 12:23 pm

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
Interline Ticketing and Interline Baggage Agreements are one in the same -- airlines rarely sign one but not the other.

According to a friend who verified w/ the Mesa Regional Mgr in Hawai'i, they do have interline agreements with almost every trunk US carrier, with continental being the sole exception. She replied that the agents may not be aware or up-to-date on them, which is why the ITO agents may have said that.

She said if anyone has a problem, just ask for a supervisor or ask for Don (the mgr) and they will make sure your bags get checked all the way thru, but make sure you also clear AG inspection otherwise your bags will *NOT* get checked thru.
Old Dec 8, 2006, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by UAPremierExec
She said if anyone has a problem, just ask for a supervisor or ask for Don (the mgr) and they will make sure your bags get checked all the way thru, but make sure you also clear AG inspection otherwise your bags will *NOT* get checked thru.
But that doesn't help going the other way when people are checking in for their Mainland domestic portion and the Mainland agent has no clue that go! has interline agreements with NW/DL/AA/UA/US.
Old May 4, 2007, 5:48 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Another reason to be annoyed by go! Flight canceled with no notification :grrr:

So, several months ago I booked the 5:55pm LAX-HNL flight that arrives at 8:30 p.m. and then the go! flight HNL-ITO at 9:30pm. This is (or was, as you shall see) the last flight of the day and was a great tool for being able to take the 5:55pm HA flight from LAX instead of the 8:10 a.m. one.

I go to check in online for my go! flight only to show me on an 8:00 p.m. flight HNL-ITO.

This doesn't work.

So I'll call go! and the CSR tells me that the 9:30 p.m. flight incurred a schedule change (i.e., canceled). I told her that I was very unhappy -- and asked to pass up the chain -- and asked for a refund. This she did and I booked an HA flight (which is better than go! anyway, so that's some small consolation) the following morning HNL-ITO.

But it means I got the unpleasant surprise of a $120 overnight stay in HNL that my budget hadn't planned on.

Yes, I know that other airlines cancel/"re-schedule" flights. But whenever it has happened on UA or AA or AS, I always get a call many weeks in advance.
Old May 5, 2007, 1:42 am

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by cblaisd
So, several months ago I booked the 5:55pm LAX-HNL flight that arrives at 8:30 p.m. and then the go! flight HNL-ITO at 9:30pm. This is (or was, as you shall see) the last flight of the day and was a great tool for being able to take the 5:55pm HA flight from LAX instead of the 8:10 a.m. one.

I go to check in online for my go! flight only to show me on an 8:00 p.m. flight HNL-ITO.

This doesn't work.

So I'll call go! and the CSR tells me that the 9:30 p.m. flight incurred a schedule change (i.e., canceled). I told her that I was very unhappy -- and asked to pass up the chain -- and asked for a refund. This she did and I booked an HA flight (which is better than go! anyway, so that's some small consolation) the following morning HNL-ITO.

But it means I got the unpleasant surprise of a $120 overnight stay in HNL that my budget hadn't planned on.

Yes, I know that other airlines cancel/"re-schedule" flights. But whenever it has happened on UA or AA or AS, I always get a call many weeks in advance.
.....when you play with fire.......

Old May 5, 2007, 2:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

You think go! might reimburse you for the hotel on this one? Something that you might want to pursue since the cancellation is the fault of go! (unless it was a true schedule change?)
Old May 5, 2007, 2:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BD, QF, QR/EY/GF & HH Gold/SPG, Hertz#1G
cblasid and inter-island regulars...
Would HA, AQ and WP do more/better than go!?

I hope AQ does better, considering our HNL-LIH is also the last of the day...

How often are these late flights cancelled, and what are your rights?

Mahalo!
Old May 6, 2007, 12:12 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Originally Posted by slippahs
You think go! might reimburse you for the hotel on this one? Something that you might want to pursue since the cancellation is the fault of go! (unless it was a true schedule change?)
I'm going to try that. Unless I am mistaken, the 9:30pm HNL-ITO flight is no longer on the schedule, so at some point they simply canceled that flight and never told me.
Old May 6, 2007, 5:17 pm

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
the late night HNL-ITO flt was discontinued in a schedule change filed in early March. Res is supposed to call to reaccomodate you.

The only time Mesa is liable for rebooking/paying for overnight hotel is when everything was booked on one itinerary/ticket.. and since HA cut off YV, then unfortunately cblaisd was traveling on two tickets, back-to-back. :/

As far as i know, the ITO overnighter was the only one cancelled, mainly in favor of increased maintenance time on the CRJ's as well as an extra flight in the morning for the tour operators who need the seats for the volcano tours.
Old Aug 7, 2007, 2:11 pm

Programs: HA Pua. Platinum WP, PR, QF, UA, AA, DL, NW Prince Preferred
Here's another reason to be annoyed with go!:

If you're an invester, Mesa shares fell more than 5% yesterday, trading at their lowest since 2005. S&P has downgraded the stock to "sell". Read all about Mesa's financial woes, and C.E.O. Ornstein's reaction here: http://starbulletin.com/2007/08/07/b...s/story05.html
Old Aug 14, 2007, 6:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by UAPremierExec
the late night HNL-ITO flt was discontinued in a schedule change filed in early March. Res is supposed to call to reaccomodate you.

The only time Mesa is liable for rebooking/paying for overnight hotel is when everything was booked on one itinerary/ticket.. and since HA cut off YV, then unfortunately cblaisd was traveling on two tickets, back-to-back. :/

As far as i know, the ITO overnighter was the only one cancelled, mainly in favor of increased maintenance time on the CRJ's as well as an extra flight in the morning for the tour operators who need the seats for the volcano tours.
Experienced travelers don't "wait for res to call". Be proactive. Check your flights at least every other week. That being said, anytime that you buy 2 separate tickets, you're on your own.
Old Aug 14, 2007, 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by formeraa
Experienced travelers don't "wait for res to call".
While I appreciate the Air Travel 101 bullet-points my experience is that real airlines DO in fact call. Every time I have had a schedule change or cancellation on United I am called and/or text messaged. Same with American.

Those who travel regularly from Hawaii or back know very well the risks of the two-ticket strategy, but sometimes there is no other economically feasible option.
Old Aug 15, 2007, 1:03 pm

Programs: HA Pua. Platinum WP, PR, QF, UA, AA, DL, NW Prince Preferred
Originally Posted by cblaisd
While I appreciate the Air Travel 101 bullet-points my experience is that real airlines DO in fact call.
Same with Hawaiian. ^
Old Aug 20, 2007, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by kaukau
Here's another reason to be annoyed with go!:

If you're an invester, Mesa shares fell more than 5% yesterday, trading at their lowest since 2005. S&P has downgraded the stock to "sell". Read all about Mesa's financial woes, and C.E.O. Ornstein's reaction here: http://starbulletin.com/2007/08/07/b...s/story05.html
try working for them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.