Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Experience with go! Airlines" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2013, 7:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SkyClub Lifer
From the article:
Chris Pappaioanou, who last week was promoted to president of go! from general counsel of Mesa, acknowledged that the past few months have been tough for go!
Wow. Promoting a lawyer to President of the airline? Yeah, that'll fix everything.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Wirelessly posted (iPhone-ETOPS: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_1_4 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B350 Safari/8536.25)

Originally Posted by DanTravels
From the article:
Chris Pappaioanou, who last week was promoted to president of go! from general counsel of Mesa, acknowledged that the past few months have been tough for go!
Wow. Promoting a lawyer to President of the airline? Yeah, that'll fix everything.
Wait... That fixed the new United didn't it?
Old Sep 16, 2013, 6:07 am

Programs: UA GS; Former Alaska MVPG75/DL Diamond/NW Platinum/BA Gold
Originally Posted by slippahs
Wait... That fixed the new United didn't it?
And the last two CEOs at Delta... Jerry Grinstein and Richard Anderson.
Old Feb 24, 2014, 8:20 pm

Programs: moka Lifetime
Anyone fly with them recently? The only award for my desired time from HNL-LIH is with go!...
Old Feb 24, 2014, 11:35 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HA Plat
That's assuming Go! actually takes off somewhere remotely close to the desired time....
Old Feb 25, 2014, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WrightHI
Originally Posted by moka
Anyone fly with them recently? The only award for my desired time from HNL-LIH is with go!...
That's assuming Go! actually takes off somewhere remotely close to the desired time....
Well, if moka is flying to HNL and then connecting to LIH, I think Go! is a safe option. It's not like they're going to leave early, and they do sometimes have the last flight of the day out to neighbor-island airports.

If I were heading to HNL to catch an evening red-eye, though, I'd either pick somebody else or leave an extra hour. By the end of the day, the last Go! flight to and from my town routinely has a massive delay.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 7:00 am

O well. It's not an evening flight it's an afternoon flight. I guess I'll just shell out the cash for a revenue ticket on HA.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 11:53 am

Flew go recently from HNL to LIH. $64 one way including tax. Flight was on time, everything was smooth. This was a morning flight, at 9:00am.

It was the shortest flight I think I have ever been on, only about 15 minutes or so in the air.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 6:48 am

Originally Posted by KoKoBuddy
Flew go recently from HNL to LIH. $64 one way including tax. Flight was on time, everything was smooth. This was a morning flight, at 9:00am.

It was the shortest flight I think I have ever been on, only about 15 minutes or so in the air.
This is good to hear. Anyone else with a positive experience? Maybe its a new trend.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by moka
Originally Posted by KoKoBuddy

This is good to hear. Anyone else with a positive experience? Maybe its a new trend.
At the beginning of the day, things should be on time, no? The cascading delays that occur when one flight is late and there are no spare aircraft to swap in usually manifest more and more as the day goes on.
Old Mar 11, 2014, 5:01 pm

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
I have flown non-rev (standby) on Mesa/go! a few times in the past 6 months and everything was OK. Flights were on time or within 15 minutes. The flight attendants seem to read their demo notes from the book - surprised they no longer memorize them.

Bags came out OK... line at commuter terminal was nice. No TSA Precheck yet.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 9:29 pm

Programs: DL Silver, HH diamond, Midwest Miles (RIP), NWA WP (RIP)

Doesn't matter much anymore...ceasing ops 4/1/14. See http://iflygo.com
Old Mar 17, 2014, 11:16 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Good riddance.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 4:53 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Rewards Silver,United Miles plus Hawaiian Air AirTran SWA

Absolutely good RIDDANCE!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.