Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Experience with go! Airlines" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Experience with go! Airlines" thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2006, 10:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by kaukau
Don't forget about WP Island Air. They service airports that go! does not, as well as ones they do. They have been our carrier of choice, after HA, for years.
I flew WP this year, for the first time in about 5 years. It was an enjoyable flight. I would much rather fly into Kapalua than Kahalui. My only quibble with WP has been their baggage allowance. I could understand if they allowed the same baggage that others do, but warned that it might not make the same flight that you do. But their baggage allowance makes them unsatisfactory for anything but a short stay.
Old Nov 16, 2006, 4:12 pm

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
Actually Mesa Airlines does have interline agreements with other airlines. I just flew to Dallas on them a week or two ago and my bags were transferred to American. On the way out, USAirways was able to send them thru to Mesa.

I think its just Continental -- I remember reading on airliners.net or something a few months ago how Continental was axing Interline Agreements for carriers who are not yet fully e-ticketed.. something tells me Mesa hasn't moved up to the Interline E-ticketing or EDIFACT world yet.... I say this because I flew on a Continental Connection to Midwest Airlines flight and they too, would only check my bag to Ft. Lauderdale - I had to collect it and take it over to YX.
Old Nov 16, 2006, 10:23 pm

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by UAPremierExec
Actually Mesa Airlines does have interline agreements with other airlines. I just flew to Dallas on them a week or two ago and my bags were transferred to American. On the way out, USAirways was able to send them thru to Mesa.

I think its just Continental -- I remember reading on airliners.net or something a few months ago how Continental was axing Interline Agreements for carriers who are not yet fully e-ticketed.. something tells me Mesa hasn't moved up to the Interline E-ticketing or EDIFACT world yet.... I say this because I flew on a Continental Connection to Midwest Airlines flight and they too, would only check my bag to Ft. Lauderdale - I had to collect it and take it over to YX.
We're not saying Mesa flat out doesn't interline baggage. Sure they do when they are flying as a mainline connection carrier. What we are saying is that go!, in Hawaii, is not transferring bags to mainline carriers in HNL, as go! is not a contracted connection carrier in hawaii, like they are with United (United Express) and Delta (Delta Connection), etc. The go! operation does not have any interline agreements with major airlines.
Old Nov 16, 2006, 10:30 pm

No, I am talking about Mesa Airlines independent Beech 1900 and the go! CRJ operation. Mesa Airlines *has* interline agreements with almost everyone but Continental.. which I hope will be changed..
Old Nov 16, 2006, 10:40 pm

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
No, I am talking about Mesa Airlines independent Beech 1900 and the go! CRJ operation. Mesa Airlines *has* interline agreements with almost everyone but Continental.. which I hope will be changed..
So are you assuming that go! has interline just because independent mesa does? Or do you have first hand experience that go! has transferred your bags to UA, NW, DL, AA and just not CO?
Old Nov 17, 2006, 8:45 am

First hand experience (in Hawaii and Texas).. and there is no difference between "Mesa Independent" and "go".. it is the same certificate, same ticket #, same airline code. Just a much different paint job.
Old Nov 18, 2006, 12:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: AK, DL,UA
First hand experience (in Hawaii and Texas).. and there is no difference between "Mesa Independent" and "go".. it is the same certificate, same ticket #, same airline code. Just a much different paint job.
I was told personally by the GA in ITO they do not have interline with the major mainland carriers (CO,NWA,AA,UA) at this time.
Old Nov 18, 2006, 12:26 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
I have been told the same thing.

Bottom line: they won't do it.
Old Nov 19, 2006, 1:35 am

Programs: AA-Plat DL-Plat (did status match on DL before losing EXP on AA)
Originally Posted by Ripper3785
We're not saying Mesa flat out doesn't interline baggage. Sure they do when they are flying as a mainline connection carrier. What we are saying is that go!, in Hawaii, is not transferring bags to mainline carriers in HNL, as go! is not a contracted connection carrier in hawaii, like they are with United (United Express) and Delta (Delta Connection), etc. The go! operation does not have any interline agreements with major airlines.
Originally Posted by donnyb
I was told personally by the GA in ITO they do not have interline with the major mainland carriers (CO,NWA,AA,UA) at this time.
Originally Posted by cblaisd
I have been told the same thing.

Bottom line: they won't do it.
I flew Go! KOA-HNL connecting to UA flight to NRT. I had the bag checked all the way through at KOA and arrived in Tokyo on the UA flight.

On the return, I checked the bag in with UA in NRT -> HNL through to KOA on the Go! flight. After clearing customs in HNL, I took my bag to the re-checkin section in the customs bldg and the bag made it with me to KOA on the Go! flight.

So, fine - all the Go! bashers can say Go! doesn't interline, or they've been told that Go! doesn't interline bags, but the truth is that just isn't true.
Old Nov 19, 2006, 1:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by vrichard
So, fine - all the Go! bashers can say Go! doesn't interline, or they've been told that Go! doesn't interline bags, but the truth is that just isn't true.
Or could it just be that the agents that our posters are talking to don't know what their own interline agreements are?
Old Nov 19, 2006, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by slippahs
Or could it just be that the agents that our posters are talking to don't know what their own interline agreements are?
I checked one of my upcoming trips, and its all been issued on USairways ticket stock (037), including my trip on Mesa... which means there is MOST definitely an interline agreement.
Old Nov 19, 2006, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I checked one of my upcoming trips, and its all been issued on USairways ticket stock (037), including my trip on Mesa... which means there is MOST definitely an interline agreement.
Sorry, I should have been more clear. I meant interline baggage agreements. Not interline ticketing agreements. The two are most definitely not the same. I know go! has interline ticketing agreements with most carriers, but that does not necessarily mean that they have interline baggage agreements with most carriers at HNL.
Old Dec 5, 2006, 3:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SkyClub Lifer
I flew Go!

YV 1040 HNL-ITO the evening of 2006-12-04.

Why'd I do it? Simple. I had an 8:30pm (scheduled; we were a few minutes late) arrival on HA 9 LAX-HNL, and although HA and AQ may compete with YV on price, neither of them seems interested in offering later flights to ITO. Given that the 50-seater was only about half full, I think I can guess why.

I called 1-888-IFLYGO2 on landing in HNL to ask where check-in was, so I would know where to run. Was off the HA flight about 8:50 at gate 29ish, got my bag from carousel B1 (thankfully in the I/I terminal) about 9:00 or so, got to Go! check-in at the commuter terminal between 9:05 and 9:10 (I don't go slow if I can help it), and was on the plane by 9:15 for a 9:30 takeoff. We got into Hilo ahead of schedule, and even with having to wait a few minutes for bag claim, I was still at the curb before my friends arrived to pick me up.

Everyone I dealt with, from phone to checkin to security to boarding to FA, was helpful and friendly. Whether or not the company or its leadership have the "aloha spirit," the rank-and-file types appear to fit in here in Hawaii.

Although my flight was good overall, and I didn't much care anyway as long as I got to Hilo tonight, I do have three criticisms:

In a CRJ-200, you feel every bump, and things like wheels up or down are very audible - much more so than in a mainline jet, even a "small" 100-passenger one like HA or AQ flies. If Go! or anyone else decides to fly the CRJ-900 or any of the larger Embraers, it'll be interesting to see how they do.

I didn't catch the name of the local celebrity, but the recorded announcements were barely intelligible, and sounded unprofessional. I want an airline with announcements by Don LaFontaine.

The magazine either needs to be done right - that is to say thick, glossy, serious content like every other in-flight magazine, even those put out by "small" carriers like HA and AQ - or, in the style of Ryanair, not done at all. It's full of "advertorials," woefully lacking in the areas of serious content and useful information, and feels like it was done by an intern.

Last edited by DanTravels; Dec 5, 2006 at 6:36 am
Old Dec 5, 2006, 8:24 pm

Programs: UA, HA, CO
Originally Posted by DanTravels
I want an airline with announcements by Don LaFontaine.
Old Dec 5, 2006, 9:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

In a CRJ-200, you feel every bump, and things like wheels up or down are very audible - much more so than in a mainline jet, even a "small" 100-passenger one like HA or AQ flies. If Go! or anyone else decides to fly the CRJ-900 or any of the larger Embraers, it'll be interesting to see how they do.
I have to admit that the CRJ-200s are the worst possible aircraft for passenger comfort with the CRJ-100 being perhaps a bit worse. Getting out of HNL on a windy day will bring you much more chop than a 717.
I didn't catch the name of the local celebrity, but the recorded announcements were barely intelligible, and sounded unprofessional. I want an airline with announcements by Don LaFontaine.
I agree. They need to fix this. Isn't there an FAA requirement that states that the recordings must be audible and understandable?
The magazine either needs to be done right - that is to say thick, glossy, serious content like every other in-flight magazine, even those put out by "small" carriers like HA and AQ - or, in the style of Ryanair, not done at all. It's full of "advertorials," woefully lacking in the areas of serious content and useful information, and feels like it was done by an intern.
I agree as well. But have you also seen their website? Advertisements galore! Is there even another airline that places advertisements on their own website for the services of another?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.