Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "First Class on Hawaiian Air A330-200 (Seats/Meals/Etc.)" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "First Class on Hawaiian Air A330-200 (Seats/Meals/Etc.)" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2021, 5:30 am

Originally Posted by inig0m0nt0ya
Any thoughts on best row in first class? Wife and daughter are taking two window seats and I'm next to them in the middle pair.
Currently have 1A, 1B, and 1C.

Any disadvantages to the first row?
some people don’t like having the bulkhead/wall so close - makes the cabin feel smaller/tighter - but personal preference. Galley and bathroom are closer of course.
Old Apr 19, 2021, 6:24 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Any thoughts on best row in first class? Wife and daughter are taking two window seats and I'm next to them in the middle pair.
Currently have 1A, 1B, and 1C.

Any disadvantages to the first row?
The fuselage narrows near the front of the plane, so the overhead bin above 1A/1B is quite small and doesn't fit much toward the front, and the area in front of 1A is a bit cramped because the wall curves in in front of you, making it harder to climb in and out of 1A in my experience -- though I was flying with a stranger in 1B, would maybe not be as bad if flying with family.

If your daughter is old enough to take care of herself, it's probably fine, but if she's a toddler who you and your wife may need to be helping with during the flight, there's also just not much room to kneel in front of 1A, etc.
Old Apr 19, 2021, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by bgriff
The fuselage narrows near the front of the plane, so the overhead bin above 1A/1B is quite small and doesn't fit much toward the front, and the area in front of 1A is a bit cramped because the wall curves in in front of you, making it harder to climb in and out of 1A in my experience -- though I was flying with a stranger in 1B, would maybe not be as bad if flying with family.

If your daughter is old enough to take care of herself, it's probably fine, but if she's a toddler who you and your wife may need to be helping with during the flight, there's also just not much room to kneel in front of 1A, etc.
Is there storage for items like purses and backpacks on the floor?
Old Apr 19, 2021, 11:43 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Is there storage for items like purses and backpacks on the floor?
I forget the exact setup. It is definitely less than the floor storage space in rows 2 and 3 (where there is a large but not-very-tall space below the seat in front of you). There is either no space in row 1, or possibly a much smaller space connected to the ottoman.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 5:26 pm

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Amenities on the A330

Hawaiian says that any flights over 8 hours will get the "good" stuff in the F cabin. Amenity kits, proper bedding. I'm flying out of AUS. 8hrs 26min. Is this correct or just wishful thinking?
Thanks
Old Oct 17, 2022, 10:06 am
Original Member

Programs: Lifetime Platinum Marriott
First Class Row 2 or Row 3?

Searched but it failed me (operator error I am sure)?

Into HNL with lie-flat for 2 of us.
Row 2 either side or Row 3 on left side.
Early morning arrival into HNL.
Old Oct 18, 2022, 1:24 pm

Programs: HA - Pualani Plat; Avis FIRST; Emerald Club Executive
Originally Posted by rthib
Searched but it failed me (operator error I am sure)?

Into HNL with lie-flat for 2 of us.
Row 2 either side or Row 3 on left side.
Early morning arrival into HNL.
I enjoy row 3 as there is no one behind you, however if you're looking for a view into Honolulu then you will want to sit on the right side of the plane (presuming it's not a kona wind day).
Old Oct 21, 2022, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by yahrite808
I enjoy row 3 as there is no one behind you, however if you're looking for a view into Honolulu then you will want to sit on the right side of the plane (presuming it's not a kona wind day).
Right side facing forward? Shouldn’t it be left side to view the island on arrival (and departure)?

Preference here is for row 3 as well although I don’t find that much difference between rows 2 and 3.
Old Oct 29, 2022, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by pkerr
Hawaiian says that any flights over 8 hours will get the "good" stuff in the F cabin. Amenity kits, proper bedding. I'm flying out of AUS. 8hrs 26min. Is this correct or just wishful thinking?
Thanks

Austin or Australia? Pre-COIVD for Australia they provided everything.
Old Oct 29, 2022, 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by pkerr
Thanks
I haven't flown this recently but shortly after it was launched, it was all of the amenities like east-coast and international.
Old Nov 1, 2022, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
You can view the F menu on the HA website.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 9:01 pm

Question About Leg Room on Hawaiian 1st Class

Do you guys know if the 1st row of First class has less, the same, or more legroom than the subsequent rows? I know on the subsequent rows, there seems to be a little triangular footwell; wondering if that's the case for the 1st row.
Old Jan 13, 2023, 1:15 am

Programs: HA Platinum, UA Silver
The middle seats in row 1 definitely have more leg room, the 2 seaters by the windows feel like they may have less.
I also feel like row 1 has more space to put stuff once up in the air.
Old Jan 13, 2023, 9:53 am

Programs: Starbucks Gold :-)
Assuming you mean the A330, if you're particularly tall the leg room *is* greater on Row 1 on the aisle seats on either side. This is because the triangular footwell here doesn't go to the wall, and creates a little 'walkway' for the window pax to be able to walk passed; so you could theoretically spill over into that if you're sleeping. I don't think the aisle pax gets 'shorted' in terms of the bed length, but I could be wrong. Either way, there's definitely another good 6-8" of spill-space there. How tall are you?

PS: Do not sit on the left side of the aircraft in a redeye. They do not close the curtains and you'll be lit up like a Christmas tree. The right side they close the curtains and you can actually get some shut-eye.

Edit: I've added some pix I took recently.

Last edited by MDTyKe; Jan 13, 2023 at 10:04 am
Old Jan 13, 2023, 8:01 pm

Thanks for the thoughtful reply.

So, what do you mean by do not sit on the left side?

So, based on this, I assume seats 1H and 1J will have the most legroom as well as the most privacy?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.