Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "First Class on Hawaiian Air A330-200 (Seats/Meals/Etc.)" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "First Class on Hawaiian Air A330-200 (Seats/Meals/Etc.)" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2019, 2:45 am
Original Poster

Hawaiian A330 Lie Flat Seats Uncomfortable

Recently flew round trip HNL - PHX on [an] A330. My wife and I looked forward to having the lie flat seats but found them uncomfortable due to what seems minimal padding. Anyone else have same opinion?

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Feb 3, 2019 at 5:37 pm Reason: edited post and title to correct the type of aircraft flown
Old Feb 2, 2019, 4:52 pm

i love the HA flat beds, row 2.
i even love the entertainment rod to watch my own iPad content.
not ideal if alone, but who really flies to Hawaii by one’s self?
only complaint is that HA should provide proper intl J style pillows & blankets on mainland flights.
great value at ~$600 each way from LAX if you can snag an A fare.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 7:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Colin
i love the HA flat beds, row 2.
i even love the entertainment rod to watch my own iPad content.
not ideal if alone, but who really flies to Hawaii by one’s self?
only complaint is that HA should provide proper intl J style pillows & blankets on mainland flights.
great value at ~$600 each way from LAX if you can snag an A fare.
Lots of people fly to Hawaii alone. Business trips. Not all people going there are going for a vacation and spouses/SO's/whatever can't always join on a business trip.
chrisny2 likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 7:44 pm

the flat beds are certainly rather intimate next to a stranger.
just be sure to get one of the middle pair to mitigate.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 4:38 pm

I found the lie-flats plenty comfortable, personally, but then I was resting on my back. I'm not sure a side sleeper would be as comfortable. They seem much easier on my back than the older first class seats.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 6:18 pm

My husband hates the lie-flat seats. He doesn't like that there is no leg rest when sitting up straight. There is foot rest, but it's not attached and awkward to stretch your legs out to the foot rest when eating.
He also say the seat is hard and uncomfortable. The seat is at an angle when flat, so he can't lie down straight. The padding they put down for the international flights really doesn't make a difference. In a separate aside, I know I'm being nit-picky, but it grates on me that I spend so much money for they seat, but have to put on my own padding.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 11:16 pm

Lets hope they take the learning lessons from the flatbed seats in the A330 and make them better in the Boeing 787 plane.
Seems like the following may needs to be reviewed
  • Wider seat width (can be done as 787 is a wider plane). Even 1 inch extra width can make a big difference.
  • Better/Softer seat padding
  • Better leg support when upright
  • Possible privacy improvements
Old Mar 27, 2019, 11:28 pm

Hawaiian Airlines A330 First Class Row 1 - Your Experience

Hi there,

I have booked a flight from SFO-OGG with HA with seats 1H & 1J (window seats on the right).
I heard on SeatGuru by other passengers that these seats have extra legroom, so the window passenger can easily get out while the passenger is in a lie flat position.

What has been your experiences in row 1 (any of the seats) ?
Was the noise from the cabin crew disruptive ?
Old Mar 28, 2019, 1:25 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by Aidan
Hi there,

I have booked a flight from SFO-OGG with HA with seats 1H & 1J (window seats on the right).
I heard on SeatGuru by other passengers that these seats have extra legroom, so the window passenger can easily get out while the passenger is in a lie flat position.

All the window/aisle seats are configured with ottomans that have a tiny space through which the window passenger can pass through. If ease of aisle access is paramount, 1 CG is the way to go.
Aidan likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 5:57 am

Also apparently more foot room on row 1 of the window seats..

In hindsight I’m sure all are comfy for a 5 hour ride.

Too much choice 🙂.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 1:30 pm

nah. the seats are great.
my only request would be intl J pillow/blanket for mainland flights.
Aidan likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 10:56 pm

Originally Posted by Colin
nah. the seats are great.
my only request would be intl J pillow/blanket for mainland flights.
Glad to hear you like it.
Seat design must be so difficult.
To cater for different body shapes, sizes, preferences and someone’s health and flexibility play a part.

Then layer in airlines budget and time constraints.

I can’t wait to try this setup in July for the first time. I will then have my personal verdict.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
I prefer row 1 but think that all F seats are nice and spacious. I booked these same seats and hope that we are on different flights or things will get awkward!!

Cabin crew noise isn’t an issue but I wear headphones to listen to music or watch the tablet
Aidan likes this.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Mar 31, 2019 at 4:21 pm Reason: Consecutive posts merged
Old Mar 31, 2019, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by gaobest
I prefer row 1 but think that all F seats are nice and spacious. I booked these same seats and hope that we are on different flights or things will get awkward!!

Yes seat sharing won’t make it so comfy ... The flight I’m on still shows 12 seats vacant in ExpertFlyer...
Old Apr 7, 2019, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Originally Posted by Aidan
Hi there,

glad we weren’t on the same flight. We avoided an awkward situation.
The staff is really nice but I could hear more than necessary from the galley. I still prefer Row 1 because it’s jusr so nice and I like having a wall in front of me instead of seeing other people
so I’m not sure what the correct answer should be but I will hopefully still target row 1 in the future
Aidan likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.